Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post-286697-14708833455757_thumb.jpg

Here you go. Since I started this stage yesterday I've had some lunch meat and chicken thighs. I had a bite of broccoli yesterday too, but I was too full today.

I made this yesterday: http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/pressure-cooker-thai-chicken-thighs/ It was very tender and moist. Very easy on my tummy.

I did pan-roasted chicken thighs tonight. It wasn't as tender and moist as the other dish, so I wasn't able to eat as much (1.25-1.5 oz, vs 2 oz yesterday.)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm thinking of making salmon tomorrow. Put a fillet in a foil packet, top with salt, pepper, and lemon slices. Some garlic is nice too. Then seal the packet and pop it in the oven or on the grill for about 20 minutes. It comes out moist and flavorful. You are basically steaming it in the packet, so it fits the plan (no hard edges).

I lived on minces, chicken and turkey. Was too afraid of red meat at that stage.

My minces were cooked with cheese sauces, so they would be moist.

I had tiny amounts of well cooked zucchini and cauliflower.

I also ate poached salmon,with sauce.

For Snacks I ate crisp-breads (Cruskits) with cream and cottage cheese plus tinned salmon.

Later on I had veal mince, and much later on beef mince. The beef mince actually did not agree with me, but lamb mince did.

For Breakfast I ate and still do Chobani yoghurt with grated apple and a scoop of Protein powder plus bit of vanilla essence and cinnamon.

Had scrambled egg couple of times, the last time I threw it up, so back to yoghurt I went.

I'm thinking of making salmon tomorrow. Put a fillet in a foil packet, top with salt, pepper, and lemon slices. Some garlic is nice too. Then seal the packet and pop it in the oven or on the grill for about 20 minutes. It comes out moist and flavorful. You are basically steaming it in the packet, so it fits the plan (no hard edges).

Can I use the salmon in the sealed packet, like the tuna comes in.

Sent from my XT1080 using the BariatricPal App

@@russtee

My first scrambled egg was quite moist, and it went down OK.

Weeks later I had another one, but it was lot drier, and it got stuck half way down my oesophagus, and stayed there. Next I felt my chest was on fire, burning travelling up, and I had to run to the bathroom.

So, I am too scared to try it again, It actually put me off eggs for now.

My poached salmon, I just covered it in sauce, and microwaved it for a couple of minutes. It came out soft and juicy, and was very yummy!

@@russtee

My first scrambled egg was quite moist, and it went down OK.

Weeks later I had another one, but it was lot drier, and it got stuck half way down my oesophagus, and stayed there. Next I felt my chest was on fire, burning travelling up, and I had to run to the bathroom.

So, I am too scared to try it again, It actually put me off eggs for now.

My poached salmon, I just covered it in sauce, and microwaved it for a couple of minutes. It came out soft and juicy, and was very yummy!

What kind of sauce?

I buy commercial sauces, like chicken tonight, or Pasta sauces that has cheese in it. There is the 3 cheeses sauce, also cheese and bechamel sauce. Nothing too heavy, but sauces that have some Proteins in them.

With the salmon, I would also sprinkle bit of soy sauce as well.

I don't use soy sauce anymore, as it gives me gas now.

Just have a look in your supermarket what sauces are available, I am in Australia, and I am sure you will have a larger selection of sauces.

5 months post op, and I still put sauce into my savoury meals to make them juicy and easier to eat.

I'm transitioning off soft foods into regular now so for the last few weeks I was having:

Breakfast - greek yogurt or low fat cottage cheese or scrambled/hard boiled egg

lunch - pouch of tuna or salmon or 2oz low sodium/low fat lunch meat and a low fat string cheese

dinner - tilapia baked in a foil pouch (keeps it moist and soft, change up the flavor by adding different herbs/spices), ricotta bake, canned chicken, shrimp and if room an ounce or so of soft cooked non-starchy veg - carrots, green Beans etc

I still did one Protein shake a day to make sure i got enough Protein.< /p>

Edited by heidikat72

I'm transitioning off soft foods into regular now so for the last few weeks I was having:

Breakfast - greek yogurt or low fat cottage cheese or scrambled/hard boiled egg

lunch - pouch of tuna or salmon or 2oz low sodium/low fat lunch meat and a low fat string cheese

dinner - tilapia baked in a foil pouch (keeps it moist and soft, change up the flavor by adding different herbs/spices), ricotta bake, canned chicken, shrimp and if room an ounce or so of soft cooked non-starchy veg - carrots, green Beans etc

I still did one Protein shake a day to make sure i got enough Protein.< /p>

Thank you. Perfect