Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2004 my life change ♡

It has been 12 years this year that I have had my gastro bypass surgery... i was 345 when my journey began ...within one year I went down 174???????? 2 months after found out I was pregnant with twin girls ...3 years after pregnant once again with my Son... those were the best years of my life.. now 2016 my weight 211. My doctor wants me to lose 35 pounds it has been the hardest thing I have had to do... I don't know why ... I have been keeping track of my carbs, Protein , and fats but still I'm plateaued for 2 months already and it's just been the hardest thing any suggestions ...

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I agree. Start as if you had surgery yesterday with the liquid diet and follow the 5 day pouch reset. That will help get a lot of the sugar toxins out of your system and it will jump start you.

Then, focus on the rules:

1. No drinking anything 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after you eat.

2. Limit your beverage calories. Try to stay on Water or sugar free non carbonated beverages. Stay away from alcohol. If you can, even limit caffeine as it really does cause you to feel hunger.

3. Mindful eating, remove distractions so you can pay attention to your pouch. Your tool is still there, you just need to retrain it.

4. Eat your meals slowly chewing well in between eat bite. Put the fork down in between but do not go over 30 minutes for your meal as your pouch begins emptying at that point.

5. Drink a minimum of 64oz of Water or SF non carbonated liquids.

6. Ensure you get a minimum of 1 gram of Protein for every inch you are tall. Even a little more is better. Make sure that you get that Protein mostly from dense Proteins like fish, seafood, beef, chicken and pork. These foods will keep your pouch fuller longer and provide you with much needed protein grams.

7. If you have not done this recently, you should have a full Bariatric blood panel drawn to ensure you are not lacking any nutritional elements that could cause you problems.

8. Are you still taking lifelong Vitamins like B12, Calcium Citrate or any other Vitamins your Bariatric Doctor put you on? If not, you will want that nutritional panel to inform those decisions.

9. No grazing.....this is where most people start to have weight gain. Eat your 3 meals a day and try to avoid snacking. If you are one of those people like me who has reactive hypoglycemia, then have 5 smaller meals.

10. Avoid sugar, potatoes, Pasta, rice and bread. Same thing with any prepackaged processed foods. Get rid of the junk and stick to good quality Proteins and veggies and fruits. Once you hit goal again, then you can introduce some whole grains back into your diet slowly until you get to a good maintenance schedule.

11. Try to get some exercise even if it is just walking daily.

These are the things that I will do if I ever start to regain my weight. It really is getting back to the basics.

You can do this! You just have to keep your goals front and center and realize this is your new lifestyle not a diet to lose weight.

I think that is where so many struggle. I chuckle at my hubby because he lives with me and decides he is ready to go on a diet. LOL I always respond with, it won't last until you realize it is not a diet its a way of life.

Poor guy, has started his "diet" so many times only to go right back to bad behaviors. And yet he lives with me and sees what I actually put on my plate everyday. I am not referring to the quantity because that just would not be fair but I am referring to the quality Proteins, veggies and fruits.

You will do well! You just have to believe it and then put it in action.

Try changing up your exercise routine. Sometimes the body gets used to the exercise routine and needs a change to start burning fat again. Maybe that will help. Best of luck!

~~ LadyDarkness415 ~~

Will happy to say im down 5...???????? woohoo!!!! I have been on this app. For 11 Days.... its Called ☆ Sparkpeople.☆ and its awesome not much people like us.. but it helps. ????doing my 60MIN. cardio and 10,000 steps on my Gazelle for 60MIN.. andddd changed my eating intake....i think im BACK,???? I CAN DO THIS!!!!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Edited by nana????

@ Djmohr, Thank you lady, you are awesome with these suggestions to reprogram our system! I really needed this support and I appreciate your input! I am 18 months post op and list total of 50lb and presently at 159lb but my goal is being at 130-135 lb! I stopped losing but still maintaining!

Unfortunately i couldn't exercise too much as I had a foot surgery 2 months after my bypass and that prevented me to exercise and i had moderate walk but recently i dont care about the pain and i just do at least 30 minutes of exercise! I will start my 5 days liquid diet and hopefully i start losing again!

Thank you ladies you are all awesome

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App