Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 days post op

My tummy is so bloated still. Mild pain. And now my cuts are starting to get itchy. Just feeps lile it burns i want to scratch so bad. Lol. Any suggestions on what to do?

♡sammywammy ????

Unfortunately itching is part of healing. It will past. Try not to scratch and maybe even try a little benedryl. It will take the edge off.

I know this feeling oh so well. I had Brachioplasty 3 weeks ago today and I have incisions from my armpits to my elbows. Unfortunately I am alergic to the mesh covering or the surgical adhesives used and I have to wait until Monday before that gets better.

Nothing is working for me with the exception of gentle rubbing and ice. Until two days ago I had ice on my arms all day and night because I could not stand the itching.

I do remember having this issue with my 7 post op incisions for RNY as well where they used surgical adhesives to take care of it.

I do hope you feel better soon!

Unfortunately itching is part of healing. It will past. Try not to scratch and maybe even try a little benedryl. It will take the edge off.

I know this feeling oh so well. I had Brachioplasty 3 weeks ago today and I have incisions from my armpits to my elbows. Unfortunately I am alergic to the mesh covering or the surgical adhesives used and I have to wait until Monday before that gets better.

Nothing is working for me with the exception of gentle rubbing and ice. Until two days ago I had ice on my arms all day and night because I could not stand the itching.

I do remember having this issue with my 7 post op incisions for RNY as well where they used surgical adhesives to take care of it.

Oh my goodness!! It had to have been bad to have ice day and night. And your right not even gently tapping helps. I'm to scared I'll open the incision back up. Lol The worst feeling is having an itch and not being able to scratch. I will try benadryl I don't know why I didn't think of that. Lol Thank you????

♡sammywammy ????

Oh my goodness!! It had to have been bad to have ice day and night. And your right not even gently tapping helps. I'm to scared I'll open the incision back up. Lol The worst feeling is having an itch and not being able to scratch. I will try benadryl I don't know why I didn't think of that. Lol Thank you????

♡sammywammy ????

I hope you feel better soon also.

♡sammywammy ????

@@sammywammy

Thank you! And yes, round the clock ice packs laying on my arms. The worst is at night. My poor hubby literally went to 5 different Walgreens here in WI and bought them out of the one time use packs for me on 3 different occasions. Those worked very well but did not last long. Then he bought these two cryo ice packs. You freeze them and they stay cold for 8 hours so they say. Honestly it's really about 4 hours but they were fantastic. He also bought me every itch cream they had! LOL. None of it worked. The only other thing that definately helped what Young living peppermint essential oil. I rubbed on my arms but of course not on the incisions. That takes the itch away for a little while.

It has only been the last two days that I have been able to go without ice and I think it is because I switched to a compression garment that is very very tight on my arms. When you compress them they feel better.

I really hope you stop itching soon.

@@sammywammy

Thank you! And yes, round the clock ice packs laying on my arms. The worst is at night. My poor hubby literally went to 5 different Walgreens here in WI and bought them out of the one time use packs for me on 3 different occasions. Those worked very well but did not last long. Then he bought these two cryo ice packs. You freeze them and they stay cold for 8 hours so they say. Honestly it's really about 4 hours but they were fantastic. He also bought me every itch cream they had! LOL. None of it worked. The only other thing that definately helped what Young living peppermint essential oil. I rubbed on my arms but of course not on the incisions. That takes the itch away for a little while.

It has only been the last two days that I have been able to go without ice and I think it is because I switched to a compression garment that is very very tight on my arms. When you compress them they feel better.

I really hope you stop itching soon.

Oh my... lol well I hope your itchy situation goes away soon also, sounds like you have tried almost everything!! Good to know about the ice packs, thanks for the advice????. I was slouching because of my incisions and I think that is why I am scared to stand up straight. So my Dr suggested for me to purchase some Spanx. I bought this tank top like top I guess it's like spanx it holds everything in... lol however I still feel the urge to scratch!! It feels hot, I just ignore it. But man it drives me crazy.

♡sammywammy ????