Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I was sleeved 8/2. I'm feeling okay minus soreness, headaches, and my throat is super sore from the tube. I'm doing good with Fluid intake. I'm not hungry but boy would I love to chew. All I'm craving is scrambled eggs with cheese and/ or chicken. Ha! Head hunger is too real.

How's everyone doing in their first couple of weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi there. I'm 8 days post op and the head hunger is killing me today! One more week of full liquids, I can/will do it! Hope your first week goes well, I noticed a big change for the positive day 5.

I was sleeved 8/1. It's been good so far but didn't realize how important furniture height is/need to be taken in to consideration when deciding where to sleep. I haven't had any bathroom issues and met my goal for fluids but the tightness everywhere in my midsection is what kills me. It's so uncomfortable.

Guess I'll have to sleep on the couch for awhile. My bed sits pretty high.

I was also sleeved on 8/2...so far it's been difficult getting my liquids down...when I drink too much, then I feel like I'm about to vomit so I stop immediately. I haven't really been able to tolerate Jello either...I am literally full after 1-2 bites. I didn't experience a headache until last night and that was absolutely not fun. LoL The thought dehydration scares me so I'm trying to push myself to drink more liquids. The only other issue is pain in my right side at one of the incision sites. But my Surgeon explained that was to be expected. Best of luck to you!

I was also sleeved on 8/2...so far it's been difficult getting my liquids down...when I drink too much, then I feel like I'm about to vomit so I stop immediately. I haven't really been able to tolerate Jello either...I am literally full after 1-2 bites. I didn't experience a headache until last night and that was absolutely not fun. LoL The thought dehydration scares me so I'm trying to push myself to drink more liquids. The only other issue is pain in my right side at one of the incision sites. But my Surgeon explained that was to be expected. Best of luck to you!

I was sleeved on 7/27 and felt so full and sick with one bite or sip too. I told the nurse I was getting sick with the one bite of pudding she put my meds in. I guess she didn't believe me. I threw it up even though I tried so hard not too. It seemed like it got worse for a day or so after surgery, but then it started getting better every day. I think the stomach was just really swollen from the trauma it just went through in surgery. 2 days post op I did horribly and barely got anything in, but on 1 week post op, I finally had upped it to getting my full 64 oz of liquid and 60 gr of Protein. Hang in there. It will get better.

Try sugar free popsicles to help with the craving to chew.

I found these to be great! They told me that really cold would make my stomach spasm and would be worse, but I have had no problem with these and find I can help boost my Fluid intake by having one or sometimes two of these in a day.

I had my surgery on 4th August and am finding that it's hard to meet my Water intake. I guess I am too scared to push the stomach too far. Also then not releasing that amount of Water when I go to the bathroom .

You need to drink more. Just sip constantly. Dehydration can happen quickly and could land you back in the hospital. Try broth, sugar free popsicles, sugar free non carbonated drinks. Good luck.