Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it possible the Dr. didn't fill it right?

I DIDN'T FEEL MY FILL AT ALL--no fullness or pressure at all.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<HR style="COLOR: #e9e9e9" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->My dr. had a hard time finding mine port too, but then said he found it--I went for my 6 week check-up assuming I would get a fill and he really wanted to wait until my 8th week visit, but since I live 6 hrs from there, he went ahead and said he'd fill it

-I feel my port (and if it is scar tissue, it would be in the same general region) up above my long incision--however, he placed the injection about an inch below my incision and I know he was just barely filling it because it was my first fill--but I HONESTLY didn't feel the pressure that I was supposed to feel--the tightening of the stomach or the pressure when he pulled the needle out, I didn't feel any less hunger and still can eat portions bigger than 3oz. Is is possible he just told me he did it to appease me? I find that hard to believe, but I can't tell ANY difference and the shot was about 3 inches from the port location that I feel while standing and laying stretched out. I read one person's blog that said it didn't hurt getting your fill, but you felt alot of pulling and pressure when he removes the needle--I didn't at all--like it wasn't even pushing into anything but my skin. What do y'all think--could it be that he didn't hit the mark and thought he did?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<!-- / message -->

I DIDN'T FEEL MY FILL AT ALL--no fullness or pressure at all.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<HR style="COLOR: #e9e9e9" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->My dr. had a hard time finding mine port too, but then said he found it--I went for my 6 week check-up assuming I would get a fill and he really wanted to wait until my 8th week visit, but since I live 6 hrs from there, he went ahead and said he'd fill it

-I feel my port (and if it is scar tissue, it would be in the same general region) up above my long incision--however, he placed the injection about an inch below my incision and I know he was just barely filling it because it was my first fill--but I HONESTLY didn't feel the pressure that I was supposed to feel--the tightening of the stomach or the pressure when he pulled the needle out, I didn't feel any less hunger and still can eat portions bigger than 3oz. Is is possible he just told me he did it to appease me? I find that hard to believe, but I can't tell ANY difference and the shot was about 3 inches from the port location that I feel while standing and laying stretched out. I read one person's blog that said it didn't hurt getting your fill, but you felt alot of pulling and pressure when he removes the needle--I didn't at all--like it wasn't even pushing into anything but my skin. What do y'all think--could it be that he didn't hit the mark and thought he did?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<!-- / message -->

Most newbies don't know where their port is. They are shocked to see it is where they never dreamed it would be. They feel scar tissue and assume it is there, that isn't necessarily so. If you have a big gut you won't feel it. The port is in the fascia, connective tissue between a muscle and a fat pad. So your port is under all the fat pad in your stomach.

You aren't supposed to feel pressure during the fill, you would only notice a difference in the way you eat and drink. If you have never had a fill you really can't know what it should feel like. I've had several fills and unfills and I've never felt a thing while it was being done except for the needle entering my skin.

Guzzle Water and see if there is ANY difference between today and before your fill. And remember, as impossible as this sounds many don't notice a difference after a fill for a full two weeks.

For a first fill it is not unusual at all to be able to eat more than 3oz. Fills should be taken in steps. If you hit your sweet spot on your first fill you'd likely be barfing your guts out. Most docs will give a newbie fill the first time.

It is possible he missed your port but if he is any good he would double check and make sure he can draw out the saline to ensure it went in your port. Odds are, he gave you a fill.