Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting the Lap Band Hoop Jumping!

I'm very excited to have found this site!

I'm starting the process of getting a Lap-Band. My informational session is on September 7th. I'm hoping that after that session I can have a surgery date within a month. I hope that's realistic!

Is there a website that offers reviews of surgeons? The surgeon I'll probably be using is Dr. Macquire in Dayton, Ohio.

Welcome. I was banded Aug. 17 and used The Cincinnati Weight Loss Center. I had Dr. Mobley. I live very close to Dayton, Ohio and chose Dr. Mobley because the lap band is ALL they due there! Nothing else. So far, so good. Have lost a total of 20lbs and have my first post op on the 28th. No fills for another 4 weeks. Not easy, but am anticipating great results. Do you live near Dayton? Why did you choose Dr. Macquire? Good luck. Look forward to getting to know you. This is a great site for info and support.

Angela

Hi Angela,

I actually went though the entire process with CWLC and liked both Dr. Mobley and Dr. Osbourne. I agree... the fact that all they do is Lap Bands was a big point for me. One of my friends had hers done there in May 06 and she looks AMAZING! She's pretty active in their support groups and I know she looks forward to that time.

But I found out that when my insurance changed over the summer that Lap Band is now covered! Unfortunately, they cover 0 of out of network providers. And the only in network providers are at the Valley.

So I asked around and everyone seems to like and trust Dr. Macguire. I have my informational meeting in about a week. But am already starting getting my psych eval, and my physician's letter. I'm really hoping to have this done fairly quickly.

How have you been feeling?

skibunny - I feel really good. I think I am very lucky. I have had very little discomfort, just a little soreness around the port area, but all in all I feel good. I am down 20lbs and am anxious to start the real journey. I am not going to lie, this liquid diet is soooooooooooooooo much harder than I ever anticipated. I am so looking forward to trying other foods.

I will say I have totally kicked my diet coke habit. I was an addict before surgery and have had no headaches or even a desire for one. I read some of these threads about PBs and they kind of scare me, but it is all trial and error I guess.

Good luck with your journey and keep me informed!!!:confused:

Angela