Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Audaciousmarie, someone mentioned an adhd diet pill called vavance or something like that. I may see if I can get that in a small dose. Anything to help curb my appitite and get the weight off for surgery.

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

Loca letta, I think it stresses us out more when they give us an ultimatum. You must lose 15 pounds or else! I lost 3 and my mina Case worker let me have it, she said, you only list 3??? So I gained r more since I last spoke to her. Ugh

Audaciousmarie, I know, I think it's too low calorie. It's like we need to work down to that. Can't go from the amount of calories I am consuming down to what they say. There is no Counseling for emotional eaters. It's in our head, not our stomache

Actually - counseling/therapy can help with emotional eating. I highly recommend it pre-op if you are having difficulties. Find a therapist who works with Bariatric patients.

Emme.vee, thanks,I take benedryl but now I take advair and I am so tired the next day. But cant sleep at night. So, Iam going to try and just take the advair without the benadryl and see what happens. I will try that tea you mentioned as well. Thank you. There is a free app if you have a smartphone, called snore lab. You can record yourself to see if you snore or stop breathing. That would be a good indicator if you have sleep apnea or you could just record yourself in a re order.

Audaciousmarie, someone mentioned an adhd diet pill called vavance or something like that. I may see if I can get that in a small dose. Anything to help curb my appitite and get the weight off for surgery.

The medication is called Vyvanse My son takes it for his severe adhd and impulse issues. It's not something I would recommend as a diet pill unless you actually need the med for another condition. There are several other meds that are geared just for weight loss that are alot better and cheaper then the Vyvanse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

Oh, sorry kyn13, I didn't realize that was you who had mentioned the vyvanse. I have add, just can't focus kind. So, maybe this medicine would be too strong? I know of a few mess out there like phentermine and Qsymia. An appitite depressant would be nice to find, just to help with the 15 pounds but I cant find any out there. At least on giogle

Oh, sorry kyn13, I didn't realize that was you who had mentioned the vyvanse. I have add, just can't focus kind. So, maybe this medicine would be too strong? I know of a few mess out there like phentermine and Qsymia. An appitite depressant would be nice to find, just to help with the 15 pounds but I cant find any out there. At least on giogle

I didn't and won't mention it, not sure who did. I just have first hand knowledge of the med because my son has taken it everyday for the last two yrs. The phentermine could be a good option. And you can get it from ur primary care doctor so you don't have to go through ur nutritionist or surgeons office to get it. But eventually I think you are just gonna have to break down and find ur want to again to get back on track. I know that's what I had to do. So much so that my amazing bf went around the house and through my car to find all my junk stashes (most of it in my bag for work) and he took it away and took it to work to share with the guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

Loca letta, I think it stresses us out more when they give us an ultimatum. You must lose 15 pounds or else! I lost 3 and my mina Case worker let me have it, she said, you only list 3??? So I gained r more since I last spoke to her. Ugh

Yep! I try my damnest and im now 8pounds up in 4days. Ive been drinking Water like a fish and the number just rises!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Emme.vee, thanks,I take benedryl but now I take advair and I am so tired the next day. But cant sleep at night. So, Iam going to try and just take the advair without the benadryl and see what happens. I will try that tea you mentioned as well. Thank you. There is a free app if you have a smartphone, called snore lab. You can record yourself to see if you snore or stop breathing. That would be a good indicator if you have sleep apnea or you could just record yourself in a re order.

Aw thanks! I would like to try it but my girlfriend snores too loud lol. She's thinner and smaller than me all around and she snores like a trucker! Haha j/k but she gets pretty loud sometimes so I have to move her. One time my 6 yo and I recorded snoring via snapchat lol and then we sent it to her . She was not happy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Elizabethrudy, I never heard of a medgem assessment. What is that?

It's a metabolism test. Basically after fasting for a short time you breathe in this machine for 10 minutes. It measures your resting basal metabolism. In the past, I could do low carb and exercise and lose 15 to 20lbs a month. 10 years later I cant. Well what I found out is that someone my height and weight should be burning 1900 calories by doing nothing other than breathing everyday, just being alive. The Medgem said my rate was only 1025 calories a day. Slow metabolism along with a fasting glucose of 114 (prediabetic) was causing it to be darn near impossible to lose weight. They gave me phentermine to increase my metabolism which has helped me to lose 20 pounds in 2 months. Currently eating between 1000 to 1200 calories per day.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App