Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 10 days out. It gets better. I was not a happy camper until 4 days out. You're almost there.

I know it's really hard to believe this right now, but everything will be okay! :)

The first few days are awful, but everything will get a lot easier within the next few days. I know that when I had it done, the gas pains and nausea were so bad that I was wondering why I went with the decision altogether. I was terrified that it wasn't going to go away.

It will be so worth it though. I hope you feel better soon and good luck!!

I'm 10 days out, it does get better. I walked to relieve the gas. Was hell the first 3-4 day but it helped me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Day 2 and I cried. Wondered what the hell did I just do? The gas was awful. I was vomiting and in pain and couldn't urinate. But.....it's true....it gets BETTER! I started walking around about day 3 and day 4 I could keep liquids down. I was released on day 4. I am now day 7 and actually feel good. Not on any pain meds and walking and even getting out. It will get better. ????

Sent from my SM-J320F using the BariatricPal App

I'm on day 5. The first two days I was wondering wtf I had done to myself and more so of why did I let it get to the point that I had to put myself through this. Every day is better. I had minimal gas pain and nausea but a lot of difficulty drinking and very sore stomach. I still would kill to be able to gulp down a glass of ice Water. Good news is I have lost 7.9 lbs since Monday's surgery on top of the 8 in the pre-op so that makes it worth it. Be patient and good luck!!

@@Tiffanie623 It will get better! You just need to work on getting in all your Fluid and Protein at this point......remember you've just had major surgery so pain and discomfort at this point is expected. It will get better each day.

The important thing for you to focus on now is fluids. You need to ensure you do not get dehydrated as that will not only make everything worse but is life threatening. You also need to work on getting in your Protein as that will help with the healing process......

Lastly get up and walk as much as you can! There is really no other cure for all the gas. The more you walk the better that will be. You should only be in bed or laying down when you're sleeping,,,,,keep moving!

The first week after WLS is rough......just know it will get better. Good luck to you!

Thanks everyone. The gas is slowly going away, but I still wonder why the hell I did this to myself..... Just a few pills and I'm full and no including if they get stuck. I just really hope this gets better and life quality I had comes back. I'm on day 3

@@Tiffanie623 I will be 10 weeks post op on Monday and I can tell you it gets much much better!!! In fact, I feel completely normal! The only difference is I eat a lot less. I have no pain or discomfort anymore. The only thing that is different is I do get a little gurgley when I eat....it's not painful just sort of weird.

At 10 weeks post op I've lost almost 54 pounds from my highest weight and I can say that this surgery is the best thing I've ever done for myself! I have zero regrets!! It gets better, I promise!!!

Thanks everyone for the advice and good vibes!!!

I am 2 days post op and feel like crap too. I am trying to walk and move around but i am soo tired. The gas pains were horrible this morning. Taking gas x for that. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

Sent from my KFTHWI using the BariatricPal App

Thanks everyone for the advice and good vibes!!!

I am 2 days post op and feel like crap too. I am trying to walk and move around but i am soo tired. The gas pains were horrible this morning. Taking gas x for that. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

Sent from my KFTHWI using the BariatricPal App

Every day gets better. I'm 9 days today and really feel great but days 3-4 the improvement was very noticeable.

Hang in there! Like others say, fluids and Protein will help you heal. By a week post op I felt pretty good, and every day you will feel a little better.