Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eating more at dinner than the rest of the day

I've seen posts stating from bandsters, depending on their restriction, can't really eat much earlier in the day but as dinner rolled around they coud eat more! Why is that? Some even said they couldn't even drink Water in the mornings. What's different about the pouch, morning vs evening?

There are a few different theories on that one. The most common and accepted theory is that there is a Fluid shift throughout the night and your stoma is tighter in the AMs vs. PMs.

I have found that if I am really tight if I go running for about 10 minutes things are better but everyone is different.

I find that I am really tight in the AMs and PMs. My window for food is around noon to 8PM. After 8PM nothing goes down but Water.

WasA- I LOVE YOU!! You dared to say what I think every time!!!

I am still trying to lose this weight!!!<booze>

But the real question is... Are your clothes loose? <goose>

You watch, I'm gonna catch it from someone for this and I'll end up removing it.

It's just one of my pet peeves and makes me crazy. Amazing how my own spelling doesn't seem to phase me. Funny how that works. :rolleyes:

If you catch hell from someone, it would only be because they are embarrassed about their spelling skills. I think you are doing it in a classy way that says, hey! this is the correct spelling of this particular word.

Honestly, I loved it.

If you catch hell from someone, it would only be because they are embarrassed about their spelling skills. I think you are doing it in a classy way that says, hey! this is the correct spelling of this particular word.

Honestly, I loved it.

We actually discussed this very topic in the "Rants" section a couple of months ago and nobody could come up with a way of doing it that didn't come off as insulting. But I saw it time and time again yesterday and it got the best of me. I got weak. :rolleyes:

Count me as one who loves it! Now if we can work on "could of" and "should of."

Does could'a and should'a count? If not, oh oh...

I have my own weird things that I need to stop doing but amazingly, they don't annoy me the same way as the spelling and grammar of others. HA!

What about, "I am doing good, how are you? Are you doing good?"

Have you been to the rants section of LBT yet? Check out the Peeves thread. It's pretty funny but a very long read.

I fully realize that formal writing is not required here. I understand that folks don't edit posts. I'm one of them! I hate to proof a post because I already read it once, when I wrote it. I don't care to read it again. Typos are one thing, but.... Well, anyway.

Me too. And it's really messing with my weight loss. I eat a Protein Shake (or nothing) in the morning, Soup in afternoon and then dinner and graze all night. I've got to stop or I'm going to start gaining weight.

Something to consider...

Dr. C once mentioned that there are people he fills in the evening. He fills them so that if they can't do anything but liquids and Protein Shakes during the day, he doesn't care. If they can only eat solids in the evening and in limited quantities, he's fine with that.

I've been meaning to ask my own doc about that just for informational purposes but I keep forgetting.

I'm almost 4 weeks post-op so my band is still empty. I have been on mushies for almost 2 weeks. I have found in the last few days, I get much more hungry in the afternoon/evening. I can manage the hunger during the day pretty well with liquids and Protein Shakes and sticking with the mushie meal plan. However I get soooo hungry between about 4-8 pm! I try to have a shake around 4 to stave it off for awhile.

Well, yesterday I was late leaving work and my dog had a vet appointment so I had to rush home, get her and get there. No time for anything. By 7 pm, I was STARVING! I had ordered pizza and chicken strips for my daughter and her friend. Well, I ended up eating 2 chicken strips and the toppings off of 2 slices of pizza!!!! :)

I was so mad at myself and of course felt miserable the rest of the evening. But today is a new day and I'm back on track. And I had lost weight this morning compared to last Thursday. :huggie:

You said "Well, I ended up eating 2 chicken strips and the toppings off of 2 slices of pizza!!!! frown.gif"

I'm not banded yet, but that doesn't sound too bad to me. Did you feel full after eating it?