Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. George Fielding - Dr. Fielding Fills

I have been looking and looking for a post I had seen a while back that said how much Dr. Fielding/Ren's fills are in NYC - can't find it anywhere, so I'm hoping someone on the Board can help. I will be banded in Mexico (Dr. Ortiz) and I can tell from this forum and others that post-surgical care is critical.

I also wanted to know if it was possible to join that practice's support groups (Wednesdays once a month?) I'll happily pay a fee if that's possible. They sound great - including going to restaurants to see how to eat, and learning tons of new things. I am willing to come up from Philadelphia as often as I can, but would like to know if it's feasible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Danielle

I have no idea on cost, but I do know that the support group is open to the public, so you'd be welcome there. There's a group for those in the first year and a group for those further out. The only thing I caution you about is that the groups are extremely large -- often 40+, which doesn't leave much time for individual support. But, you're right. Ren and Fielding are the best thing going, in terms of overall practice!

You might contact Tammy at their office for more info on becoming a patient if banded in MX.

Good luck.

Great - thanks! I'll call them and ask about details/costs. I know they accept patients from MX, but boy, those support groups being so large is a little overwhelming! Actually, what I'd love is to start a group in Philly - just to chat and compare notes - but I'm having troubles finding other people who've been banded around here! Kinda want a put an ad out in the paper or Craigs List-- can you imagine?? danielle

Great - thanks! I'll call them and ask about details/costs. I know they accept patients from MX, but boy, those support groups being so large is a little overwhelming! Actually, what I'd love is to start a group in Philly - just to chat and compare notes - but I'm having troubles finding other people who've been banded around here! Kinda want a put an ad out in the paper or Craigs List-- can you imagine?? danielle

Might want to talk to the staff at Dr. Ortiz' office and tell them what you want to do. I'm sure they would encourage this and might give you some email addresses of others around you that want to do the same thing. At least they can contact others and have them contact you.

Going to a large support group isn't all bad. You might find a couple of people there that you really relate to and you can talk to them one on one.

Good idea -- time permitting, I will ask him - if you are a Dr. Ortiz patient, does one have time to ask him questions like that? I know we meet him, but it sounds as though it's right before surgery, and my guess is that I"ll have other things on my mind!!

Either Southeastern PA or South NJ would be possible for me - but the NYC option is definitely one that I'll take advantage of at least once! Thanks much, Danielle

Good idea -- time permitting, I will ask him - if you are a Dr. Ortiz patient, does one have time to ask him questions like that? I know we meet him, but it sounds as though it's right before surgery, and my guess is that I"ll have other things on my mind!!

Either Southeastern PA or South NJ would be possible for me - but the NYC option is definitely one that I'll take advantage of at least once! Thanks much, Danielle

I doubt Dr. Ortiz will follow through with it anyway. I'd talk to his staff since that would be more along the lines of their job.

ericsmom if you find a support group or open one in philly let me know. i live right ouside of philly and i could sure use a support group.:car: