Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey, has anyone here had an abnormal stress test and was still cleaned for RNY surgery? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Not for RNY, I had the sleeve.

I failed my stress test so they did a cardiac catheter. That was fine, so I was cleared for surgery.

Thank you! How was the Cardiac catheter test?

It was easy. The drugs were awesome and the Snacks were delicious. It sounds very scary but it's a piece of cake.

Oh gosh yes. Thought first visit to the Cardiologist was for my surgery "clearance," but no....abnormality on my ECG, so on to treadmill stress test and an ECHO - ECHO was fine, however abnormality on my stress test (mind you, no chest pain with the exercise). Now the abnormality that was showing up in my ECG is one that can be COMPLETELY benign (nothing) in women, but the Cardiologist wanted to be very sure (and rack up some more $$ for additional testing), so I had to have a nuclear stress test (all the while, STILL waiting on my cardiac clearance (everything else was complete, even the insurance approval). On the downside, had an additional, oh $900 in Cardiology bills (that was just my part, sinful what they charged my insurance), but on the upside, everything was great, no ischemia (areas not getting oxygen) to my heart muscle, heart function at the high end of normal. Needless to say, went into surgery feeling amazingly relieved, because I come from a long family history of cardiovascular disease (a major factor in why I decided on surgery), so to know I would be starting the post-op part of the journey with pretty much a clean cardiac slate, I felt amazingly blessed. Pain in the butt, took additional time, money, and time off work, but peace of mind in the end.

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

That's great! I'm glad things turned out well for you!! I pray, I'm as fortunate!

I have a heart cath scheduled for this Friday

@@Tayfusion304 Hoping everything went great for you with the cath, and hope you are on your way soon to the exciting world of WLS!

@@SharBear617 Thank you! It went very well. I have torturous artery disease but he says I'm still able to get the surgery. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea this week as well on top of hypertension, diabetes, bipolar 2 disorder.. And, I have lupus! So, this surgery is really needed. How are you doing?

Great, so glad it went well for you, and yes, you should definately get benefits from the surgery. I'm doing weel, thanks! 6 weeks post op, still trying to navigate this new life, but really enjoying seeing the lbs come off. And soon, you will too!

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App