Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well it's a whole year since I got in the jeep with my heart down to my boots to go to the hospital for surgery. Oh I was so afraid, I wanted to turn back and not go through with it. Entering the hospital I just let it all go and I thought well you are here now best let them get on with it. I remember walking down the corridor and saying goodbye to my other half, then climbing onto the trolley and that was it. I woke up in the recovery ward all done and that was the start of my new life.

I was so lucky I had no pain or sickness and all went well. Coming home was fantastic, I had only been away for 2 nights, but it felt like years.

I've lost 99 pounds and have gone from UK dress size 22 down to a 10 or 12 depending on the shop or the cut of the garment.

I am active ( thanks to Jamie logical who inspired me to start running) and most of all I am happy. I feel completely different to how I felt before my op I am optimistic now whereas before I was irritable and miserable and not always nice to be around.

I am so grateful for my sleeve and thankful I was able to pay for my op as here in UK it's not often done on NHS. I still have not met another person in real life who has had this op !

I have made friends through the forum ( hi Soodoo) and I have really enjoyed posts from so many people. It's like the oscars here in my house right now where the persons starts crying and then thanks everyone from A to Z!

Well to everyone who has ever read my posts and to all the guys and gals out there who's posts I have read, I say thanks for all of it.

If you are reading this and thinking about having the sleeve or other WLS just do it, I'm so glad I did, just wish it had been an option years ago

Happy anniversary to me and any others for 16 July !

That's all folks

Congrats!!! That's awesome!! You're starting weight is exactly the same as mine! I had my surgery on May 16, 2016! I can't wait to get to where you are now.........I love my sleeve too!

Happy First Surgiversary, Chris. :)

It's a marvelous milestone -- especially for someone who's created the level of success you have.

I hope your second year is just as exciting and rewarding. :)

Congrats you have done great. And you do sound so happy. Best of luck

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

whole year

@@chrisredjeep

hey dude

what a difference a year can make!!

like day and night

knocking at century club door

99 lbs gone!!!

you are glowing with success/happiness :)

hold on to those optimistic feelings

great attitude to continue through life!!

keep up the wonderful job

i know you will!!!

happy surgiversary!!! :rolleyes:

kathy

congrats