Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Hi all......

Just passed the 5 week mark. And, I am feeling wonderful. Lots of energy, less aches and pains and I love not feeling BLOATED and POURED into my clothing all the time. Because I returned to work last week, I was very careful with solid foods.....I just did not want to be sick. I would like to have a salad but I'm not sure if that is a wise thing. Any input on that?

Anyway, it's a chilly football day! So, I was craving comfort food smells in the house and some homemade Soup. So, I made wedding Soup. I made sure to get the veggies very limp. Hopefully, that will go down well. If so, I can definitely have that a few times this week for lunch.

Last night, I had a bit of a challenge and I think I did okay. We went to our favorite little neighborhood pub with some friends to watch college games. Lots of popcorn, nuts and "bar mix" were sitting at our table all night. Everyone ordered their favorite FRIED munchies--wings, fries, onion rings, zucchini, jalapenos, mozzarella. But, I did not touch anything. Thankfully, I didn't want to! I nursed a glass of wine all night, drank Water and enjoyed the conversation. I must say.....the pay off of NO HEADACHE today is great!!!

I hope to get a fill on Sept 25.......!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Judi

I am eating just about whatever I want just in reduced portions. I don't have a problem with the fluids but with the salt content of things. Have my second nutrition meeting since surgery tomorrow, hopefully, will have some things straightened out! Fill in a week and a half.

So excited today! Stepped on the scale and I am down a total of 25 pounds. That is 1/4 of the way to my total goal! Now if my Seahawks win today, it will be the cherry on the ice cream sundae that I am not going to eat. Have a good weekend.

Well, I went for my first fill on Friday. I have the new AP Small Band which holds approx. 10cc. During surgery the Dr. filled it with 2.7cc.

I could still eat anything and have not purged once since surgery. I was hungry a lot of the time. Once I really blew it and ate half of a big mac. I lost a total of 20 lbs, including pre-op diet. On Friday, my fill was for 1cc and now I feel full after eating very limited portions. I sure hope it continues..... I am scheduled for a possible 2nd fill on 10/29.:guess

I was doing really well before....but it's been hard lately. The scale hasn't moved in a few days, I knew weighing myself everyday would come back to bite me in the ass! I ate an ice cream sundae from Mc Donald's, what the hell is wrong with me?!?! I'm down 20 lbs., which is great, but I'm afraid I'm going to ruin all that I've done so far. I'm going to get that whey powder tomorrow, I'm not getting in enough Protein. I'm hungry alot of the time, but I haven't gone crazy. Well, apart from the sundae episode. I just need to give myself a kick in the ass and start over tomorrow! Yup, that's what I'll do!! Can't wait for my fill, Oct. 10th, I think.

Well, I am a daily scale girl myself! It has definately bit me in the butt! I was watching the pounds melt away and then one day nothing. OUCH! I was banded on 8/28 and I've lost 10 pounds so far. Nothing in days...in fact I was feeling miserable about it and had comfort food to make me feel better. Stupid move I know. I am eating alot of chicken and I am getting pretty sick of it. I think I will check with my Doc tomorrow and see what else they suggest. Sometimes I feel so full after not eating hardly anything. I am afraid when I feel that full that I may be hurting something inside me. Tomorrow is Monday and the beginning of a new week. I will get to add more stretching this week and I plan to walk alot. I want to see the scale move again. Good luck to everyone and goodnight......<3

NO RESTRICTION ~ TIME TO FREAK OUT!

17 DAYS POST OP

22 POUNDS LOST

REGAINING ENERGY

LESS PORT PAIN

SOUNDS GREAT?

WELL.........................................

I have no restriction. Today I ordered a cup of French Onion Soup and was able to tolerate the cheese and the bread. No problem.

For dinner I ate 1 cup of Hormel 99% FF chili. That cup didn't fill me up. I felt NO RESTRICTION WHATSOEVER! I'm freaking out.

My weight loss is very good, but I am scared I will fall back into old habits with this new found fact... I HAVE NO RESTRICTION.

My doctor said he waits 6 weeks to do a fill, but I need to go in now. Before I start eating more than I should. Anybody else experience this?help.gif

YES----ME! I have spoke to my drs. office and I have been told it happens to some people. THey said-- I will probally gain all my weight back and I am not to worry. I need to heal first. I agree with you ---I do not like it. It is not going to get done my way though-----REMEMBER--RULES!! It is your drs. rules and each of us have to follow them. SO---bite the bullet. We are going to have to wait until we acheive our green spot [sweet spot] and actually be able to use our tool. This is not an instant thing. The waiting is nearing an end----but it is not over yet------------I get my first fill 9/24. I do not know how many fills it is going to take me to get to my GREEN SPOT. Slow Slow Slow-------learn from this. It is hard for me-----I feel a bit squrrielly. We do not give up----rather we put our plans on hold until we get the GREEN! I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Janice

I am almost 4 weeks out now and have no restriction at all. I have been careful with what I am eating and have avoided breads and things that could potentially be a blocker, but for the most part I can eat anything. My loss have slowed down to about a pound per week, which is ok since I have not had a fill.......at least it is not moving the other direction. I really want to have my fill bad, but my doctor does not want to give me my first until 10 weeks.

Hang in there everyone!

weight.png

Rumar,

Congrats on the pureed food! I love Beans as well, but haven't mixed them into my diet yet. My doctor also likes to see between 60-80 grams of Protein each day. He is somewhat more aggressive with the fills much to my delight because I, like want2beme, have little restriction. As of now I am doing everything on will power. I don't seem to be struggling however, I realize it's a mind set. Lap band is a tool.....not a magic wand. I went back to work Thursday.....our 3 wk anniversary. That was fun! I have a physical job (I'm a server at a busy steak & rib joint) so I was somewhat aware of having had surgery that night but the rest of the weekend was so busy I hardly noticed. Whew! I'll be sure and let you know how my fill goes......I'm a little nervous because I know things will change again and I just got into a routine of sorts! :)

YES----ME! I have spoke to my drs. office and I have been told it happens to some people. THey said-- I will probally gain all my weight back and I am not to worry. I need to heal first. I agree with you ---I do not like it. It is not going to get done my way though-----REMEMBER--RULES!! It is your drs. rules and each of us have to follow them. SO---bite the bullet. We are going to have to wait until we acheive our green spot [sweet spot] and actually be able to use our tool. This is not an instant thing. The waiting is nearing an end----but it is not over yet------------I get my first fill 9/24. I do not know how many fills it is going to take me to get to my GREEN SPOT. Slow Slow Slow-------learn from this. It is hard for me-----I feel a bit squrrielly. We do not give up----rather we put our plans on hold until we get the GREEN! I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Janice

Janice....you CAN absolutely do this! We ALL CAN absolutely do this! We just have to remember that it is a marathon not a sprint. Unlike bypass patients we will lose our weight slowly over time. And ladies, I'm hoping that my skin then has a chance to catch up to my weight loss and I won't look like a saggy elephant (I'm in my 40's so I need all the help I can get!)

Want2beme.....have you tried increasing your Proteins? That helped me tremendously with hunger! If I am at the low end (60-80) I'll just squeeze in another Protein Drink. Slim Fast High Protein Drinks or a Carnation sugar free Instant Breakfast works. If I'm real low, I throw a scoop of Unjury (worth 20 grams protein) into the Carnation Instant Breakfast (5 grams protein). With the 8 oz of skim milk (8 grams protein) I've just added 33 grams of protein! Something I use as a "treat" is sugar free pudding with a scoop of Protein in it......adding 20 grams in one litte desert! vanilla pudding with very ripe bananas is my favorite! I feel like I'm cheating!

I was doing really well before....but it's been hard lately. The scale hasn't moved in a few days, I knew weighing myself everyday would come back to bite me in the ass! I ate an ice cream sundae from Mc Donald's, what the hell is wrong with me?!?! I'm down 20 lbs., which is great, but I'm afraid I'm going to ruin all that I've done so far. I'm going to get that whey powder tomorrow, I'm not getting in enough Protein. I'm hungry alot of the time, but I haven't gone crazy. Well, apart from the sundae episode. I just need to give myself a kick in the ass and start over tomorrow! Yup, that's what I'll do!! Can't wait for my fill, Oct. 10th, I think.

Lindsay.....don't beat yourself up over that ice cream sundae! At some point in your life you ARE going to have a treat and it's OK! Continue to make good choices and you'll be fine. I don't believe any one of us would ever be succesfull if we can't have one treat.....once in awhile. Perhaps not quite so soon...but I hardly think your sundae choice is irreversable!Our goals are to make better choices and smaller portions. Primarily to change our BAD habits, so unless you are eating a sundae everyday, twice a day, I think you'll be fine! Try increasing your protein to decrease your hunger.

Good Luck to You..... remember we're all in similar boats!! :)

It's nice knowing I am not the only one! The scale hasn't moved in a week, but I am finally feeling good enough to really start getting some good exercise in. So I hope my weekly weigh in on Friday I will see some progress.

pmmeqmp, I know you are looking forward to your 1st fill and it's good to know you are doing well with the head hunger. I will admit that I have been stepping on the scale everyday and since I started pureed have not lost anything. I thought this to be strange as I am only consuming about 900 calories a day. I'm not sure how it works but according to my daily diet tracker to maintain my goal weight, I need to consume 2000 calories per day. A pound equals 2500 cal so I should still see at least 2-3 pounds per week. Not to mention maintaining the heavy weight I was consuming 3000-3500 calorie per day which means now I've reduced it by 75%. Shouldn't I still be losing? I only cheated twice, once at a football game, I had about 5 fries (soft) and yesterday I got really hungry and actually ate about 2 ozs of rotisserie (sp) chicken. I chewed it til it was mush but felt so bad afterwards. I pureed some crowder peas but think they did a serious number on me today. I was so bloated and just felt yucky all day. I decided to just have egg drop Soup for dinner to try to calm my tummy somewhat. I wasn't in pain or anything like that, just that bloated, sick feeling. I do find myself hungrier more and more but considering still having reduced my eating got a bit discouraged with the scale. I think I need to just hide the scale and only weigh as I had planned once a week. Good luck to you on your 1st fill and let me know how it went, what it felt like......etc. I'll try to find out what type of band I have on my next visit and find out when I'll get my 1st fill.

First day on mushies and I am worried. This is what I had today.

Breakfast--oatmeal, 1 cup coffee

lunch--tuna

dinner--1 salmon pattie and 1/2 baked potato. I did not even eat the whole potato.

The thing I am worried about is I had dinner 4 1/2 hours ago and still am not hungry. Does that mean that I over ate???? I am worried. I never did throw up or any thing like that. Everything went down real good and stayed down real good. Did I over do it?????

Well im off for my first fill today. Weight loss going well, the excercise is my breaking point. If i dont exercise i dont lose, that simple.

Another thing i think has helped me, i promised myself i would eat 3 meals a day and no snacking in between. Even if the meals were a little bigger it would be better than snacking...that really helps.