Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Read in my Journal(it is under ClaraMae's journal). I have had a meltdown and I do not have the strength to retype it. Any advise will be appreciated.

:hug:{{{HUGS}}} :hug: {{{{HUGS}}}} and more {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}:rolleyes:

You poor thing! I'm practically in tears for you. That's so awful. I thank God you are OK now and didn't have any more serious problems, but that is horrible and no where near the norm or what you expected!

I'm so glad those nurses got a good azz chewing! :rant:

I hear your frustration and sympathize. It does sound like you have some great people that love you. I bet it scared the heck out of them too and they fear for your health and safety.

It sounds like you're having a very rough recovery. :crutch: We are here for you every step of the way. :) Each day will get better and better and when you reach "get to be 130 pounds, this will be funny" or at the very least worth it. :cheer2:

Please keep in touch with us. Feel free to write me directly. more {{{HUGS}}}

Things really do change day to day, sometimes even hour to hour, with the band recovery. I had a three day rough patch with depression. I knew I didn't have a good reason, I just FELT like crying. Well, now that I started my "monthly" I'm hurting but not depressed anymore. Yippee!

I'm feeling so good with my band that at one point today I actually forgot about it. That's the first time since surgery. My two week point and start of mushies is Tuesday. I have been super hungry and agonizing over head hunger and cravings. So, yesterday and today I had some very smooshie refried Beans, cheese and FF sour cream-- the best I've ever had in my life!!! YUMO! That did the trick.

My glue is starting to peel away from my incisions and they are healing nicely. I get to go in the hot tub as of Tuesday. I can hardly wait! And next week I will start back to Water aerobics.

Today and this moment, I'm doing GREAT! I hope everyone else is enjoying the holiday weekend!

I was banded on 08/31 and am feeling the gas pains. They aren't terrible but they are bad enough that I want advice to get rid of them. I've been on the go all day today and taking Gas X and still my shoulder is hurting. Help.... also feeling hungry. I've had maybe 300-400 calories a day for the last 3 days. That's a very liberal estimate. Been eating sugar free pops, a little broth, Water, and a little juice. Tomorrow I get to try some liquid yogurt.

Hi! I was banded on Aug. 7th. It is hard right now. I have no trouble eating. I have tried to watch the portions somewhat. That is difficult but am doing OK, I think.

I have lost 26 pounds since pre-op, 13 pre op pounds and 13 post op. So, I don't know if this is "normal" or not but it is what it is! lol

Help help! I am so thirsty! How much can I drink at one time? Can I have a glass of Water or only a few sips? So confused!

hi all,

i'm from florida, i was banded on aug 27, i'm 1 week post op today, i'm feeling really well, seem to be able to eat anything applesauce consistency, not really hunger, but not really full either?, my port site hurts, looks ok but painful, my tummy is still kinda bloated, hope this goes away soon! i feel like i can eat more then i'm suppose too, but that seems to be the norm from reading this site, don't have a fill date yet, see the dr tomorrow for post op check up!

weight.png

Help help! I am so thirsty! How much can I drink at one time? Can I have a glass of Water or only a few sips? So confused!

I have been drinking between 1-2 liters of Water a day since the day after surgery. I fill my 2 liter jug in the morning and I use my 3 oz plastic dixie cup to drink out of all day long. I started by sipping one cup every 15 min. to see how I felt. I have gotten to the point now that I don't watch the clock and can drink more and more.

I hope that helps a bit.

I have been drinking between 1-2 liters of Water a day since the day after surgery. I fill my 2 liter jug in the morning and I use my 3 oz plastic dixie cup to drink out of all day long. I started by sipping one cup every 15 min. to see how I felt. I have gotten to the point now that I don't watch the clock and can drink more and more.

I hope that helps a bit.

Thanks! That does help. I have been drinking about 1/2 glass at a time and big swallows. I figured if it was too much I'd PB it back up right? It's so hot here (San Diego) and we have no air conditioning and live on the 2nd floor. Agh! We just had to have a heat wave the weekend I decided to get banded! I could about KILL for an ice cream cone right now!

I was banded on 08/31 and am feeling the gas pains. They aren't terrible but they are bad enough that I want advice to get rid of them. I've been on the go all day today and taking Gas X and still my shoulder is hurting. Help.... also feeling hungry. I've had maybe 300-400 calories a day for the last 3 days. That's a very liberal estimate. Been eating sugar free pops, a little broth, Water, and a little juice. Tomorrow I get to try some liquid yogurt.

sorry that isn't any fun having gas pains. I was told to walk and i had a path from my bedroom through my house walked & walked, but it did help. i also used mylanta but if you take too much you will have diarrea. it really will pass but is unconfortable until stop having it. mine lasted about 2 weeks. my doctor refilled my pain medicine which really helped alot with pain. did your doctor tell you to drink Protein shakes? they really helped from getting hungry. i was banded on aug 15th and have lost 20 lbs since pre op. it gets much better each day. hope have helped alittle. hang in there call your doctor if doesn't get better soon.

Thanks! That does help. I have been drinking about 1/2 glass at a time and big swallows. I figured if it was too much I'd PB it back up right? It's so hot here (San Diego) and we have no air conditioning and live on the 2nd floor. Agh! We just had to have a heat wave the weekend I decided to get banded! I could about KILL for an ice cream cone right now!

You only PB if something gets stuck-- if it can't go down, it will come back up. Yuck! Water will go down, BUT if you drink/eat way too much too fast you can stretch the stoma (above the band), cause band slippage or rip a stitch.

UGH! A heat wave? That doesn't sound fun at all. Poor you. Can you have popsicles?

Wishing you a speedy recovery and a cool breeze :eek:

I was banded Aug 24 and i am starving im not actually hungry but i really miss food i was also an outpatient and had a difficult recovery im almost 2 weeks out and just want to chew something anything!

Texas Becky--I am much better from the melt down. I guess we are all due one. Who would blame us. Anyway, today I am going to town and buy myself something; not clothes!!! Oh, I have lost 14.6 pounds. Thanks for your words of encouragement.

Candle---Congrats on the gift certificate for house cleaning. It will make you feel so good to know you have clean sheets and you did not have to put them on yourself. I am much better today. How are you.

Water will go down, BUT if you drink/eat way too much too fast you can stretch the stoma (above the band), cause band slippage or rip a stitch.

There seem to be conflicting opinions on this - I thought liquids don't stretch the pouch? My nutritionist even suggests Water loading about 15 minutes before eating. (after everything is healed and you’re on regular foods again)

Clara, I'm so glad you are feeling better. Hopefully your bad experience will soon just be a minor bump on the road to health and vitality!

I just got back from the doctor's office. I had my one month post op nutrition class today and got advanced to regular foods! They also scheduled my first fill for September 28! Until then I can eat almost anything I want. I should be practicing small bites, chewing really well, and not drinking liquids 30 minutes before eating and 1 hour after eating. I've already been trying to do those things, so really nothing new except bye, bye to mushies! They told me from now on, I should not consume any liquid calories, and avoid all soft foods. No more puddings, mashed potatoes, Soups, oatmeal, etc. They don't want you to consume anything that just slides right on down. The goal is to eat small quanties of the foods that will stay in the pouch for a long time. I know the next few weeks are going to be the hardest yet because my appetite is as strong as before the surgery. I am so anxious to get started with the fills. I was down another 5.5 lbs!