Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just an Update

The down side of living in a small town! One person starts talking about pregnancy and the employers know about it...

Your first appt.....start keeping stuff, even your receipt and a business card from the doc. You can make your baby a scrap book....

Im a single parent I caught my boyfriend cheating on me this weekend. Hes been sleeping and dating another girl for 3 weeks! I cant believe all of this is happening to me! WHY!? Why me?? Im not mentally stable enough for this!!!!!!! I just want to lock myself in my room for a month! I dont like to feel hate, but I HATE him so much for lying to me about LOVE! You guys know that I dont date seriously, I date around and see guys not get hooked on just one. And he screwed me over. Second time in my life, two times in a row! There wont be another...

Oh dear.. another reason to keep that rascal wrapped!

Hope you sort it all out.

Jodie,

I am so sorry to hear that this happened. However, it's much better now than if you were to be married or even just living together and learn afterwards. Believe me, it's no fun to be divorced, from a cheating husband, with a baby in your early twenties. I know because I was.

This would be a great time to put concerns about guys, including the cheating father of the baby, on the back burner and concentrate on your baby & your mental and emotional wellbeing. I know it's hard not to obsess about the situation when you've been wronged but try to focus on what's important to you right now and what your priorities have to be. Parenting classes, a job, prenatal care and psychiatric counselling are all things that have top priority in your life at present and should keep you busy enough that thoughts about the bum may only be in passing!! What a great benefit, huh??!!!

As far as why this happened to you...Honey, this happens ALL the time to people of all ages from all walks of life, men and women alike. Your situation certainly is not unique by any stretch.

Hang in there!!! If depression or mood swings are getting to you, get help immediately!!! Please!! You don't need this on top of everything else.

Also, if you like to read, go to your public library and check out a bunch of books on pregnancy and childbirth. They will not only be educational but maybe it could help keep your mind on the positive. It's so interesting, too, to see where you are at a given time in your baby's development.

Keep writing to us and let us know how you're doing. Take care now.

Ive decided, now that Ive gotten out all my anger and frustration, that Im going to show him unconditional love. No that doesnt mean I will ever be with him again. But he doesnt know what love is, and Im going to show him that. I want him to know. Because I want it to break his heart everytime her thinks about what he just gave up.

LOL! Wanting to break his heart is not showing unconditional love....It's revenge! No doubt you have every emotion in the book in the wake of a break up. But concentrating either love or revenge on him is focusing on him. You and the baby deserve your energy instead.

They say that people connect based on having the same level of emotional maturity. So the more you focus on your own well being, the more likely you are to attract a guy who is more mature.

Who knows. Right now he just doesn't deserve your focus in any way...other than perhaps paying half the baby bills.......

Im doing good actually...but for some reason I feel like Im addicted to sleep...I dont feel sad or mad anymore about the situation, I actually I want to get things done that need to get done, but I just cant stay awake to do them. Its like ive suddenly gotten narcolepsy (sp?)....Its soooo weird. I know I dont have that lol ofcourse, but idk what is going on...I told my Dr. and she put me on a small dosage of prozac for the night time, which does help a little, and helped a lot in the beginning, but now it seems like it doesnt work as well anymore (as far as the fatigue, otherwise it does help).

It's tough between hormone changes...your body wanting to only expend energy to grow a baby...not having your regular meds.... From what I know about Prozac, sometimes the dose has to be built up until it's at the best dose. Well, whatever your Dr. says, this is me giving you a huge hug, mama-to-be.

It would be my guess that by the middle of your second trimester this will just be a memory. I think I slept away all of my first trimesters!!! Better than puking them away IMHO!!!!!

Hang in there!!! You have the double whammy---no 2 bands act just alike, and can be finicky, and no 2 pregnant women act alike, and can be even more finisky!!! But you WILL survive it!!!

Kat

yeah Im super excited...the fatigue does seem to get better, but some days its just horrible!!!! Im due on Cinco de mayo and I think thats so cute lol!