Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We are the TENaciousTENS!

Hi All....I'm only checking to see if my ticker attached. I followed the other poster's instructions so I'm hoping this works.

I keep reading all your post about last meals. I'm so nervous eating isn't an option at the moment. Now only if that was the case most other times I guess I wouldn't be on this page huh?

Had a mini-melt down last week AFTER my pre-op. Did anyone else questioning themselves? I'm not questioning my decision to have the surgery but questioning myself. Did I try hard enough to lose this on my own? Am I cheating by having the surgery? Will others judge me and this one blows my mind b/c I have NEVER been one to care what others think of me and now suddenly I am?

Hi Im getting banded Oct. 8 I also am extreamly excited,butterflys in the stomach and all that good stuff.

Hello everyone. I was just approved for surgery and have chosen 10/2 to be my date so I guess I will be like the rest of you and starting my new life in the month of October. Everything so far has been going smoothly and quickly and no problems, so hopefully surgery will not be either. I am nervous, anxious excited - all I am sure you guys are feeling. It is a big and positive steps in our lives so let's make the most of it! Let's go TENanciosTEN! I too have to figure out that ticker thing so I can have my info displayed. :faint:Not too good at this stuff. So if I want to see how everyone's doing, I just check out the monthly threads and I will find you guys or is there a particular webpage to keep in touch. I wasn't kidding, I really don't get all this stuff - must be age LOL. Thanks for starting the group!

Aloha,

I'm scheduled to be banded on 10-2-07. Any hawaii folks out here? I've done lots of research about the band and have talked to many folks on the board. So I am more than ready to go forward. My challenges include a skinny husband who can eat anything and kids who can cook their butts off and make me stuff like today for my birthday that I can't eat. I have to work real hard not to eat when they stress me too which im working on,but i am going forward. I have been there and done that with most diets, so i think this is the best option for me and im ready to go ..

mes

Hi All!

Somewhere on these boards is a really good checklist of things to consider purchasing prior to our surgery dates.

If anyone can find it (I've searched) it would be a good reference b/c if your anything like me your minds are all over the place right about now!

The one thing it had to buy was liquid Tylenol instead of trying to get down pills which I thought may come in handy. Also mentioned toliet tongs! Don't ask.....you do not want to know! :paranoid

I will keep looking but if not I printed it out and its at work. I will post it tomorrow.

17 days to go.......

Found it!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f73/post-op-checklists-things-have-before-surgery-14814/

heating pad

gauze pads & tape

flexible ice pack

Liquid Tylenol (Wal-Mart has it or most pharmacies can order it in)

Liquid gas-x or Gas-X Strips

books or Movies

comfy clothes (loose waisted shorts or jumpers)

squishy pillow for car ride (guard against seatbelt)

a sports bra (doc said no underwire for a few days)

protien shakes

flavored Water

good blender

broth or stuff to make broth

sugarfree popsicles and Jello

sugar free gum (ask your doctor)

sugar free breathmints (ask your doctor)

Pain Meds from Doctor

*get your pain med scripts early and have them filled so they are ready & waiting when you get home.

chicken/beef/veggie broths (low sodium as needed)

Protein powder for shakes

frozen fruits for Protein Shakes

Soups & broths

*another poster suggested freezing your broth in ice cube trays and putting them into freezer bags prior to going in. Makes for easy measuring and heat up. OK....can anyone else imagine eating something the size of an ice cube for a meal???? wow

Wow, what a great group we have going here.... It's so nice to have all of the support... :D

Thanks lizziee for finding and posting the post-op list of things we need to get prior to the surgery... I plan on getting most of these items and having them so my DH doesn't have to go to the store after the surgery for me...

RhondaBen... My surgery is scheduled for October 16th, just one day after you... Is there anyone else that is having surgery on the 16th???

Paragirl... That sure is a lot of money for your surgery and yes you are definately worth it... Have thought about looking into another Doctor? I am also self pay and I am going to Dr Kirshenbaum in Denver, CO and he only charges $9950 for everything, or there are several good Doctors in Mexico.

To all the other October bandsters, WELCOME and looking forward to sharing the band experience together..... :clap2:

Hello All-

I did my introduction on the "Let's Get this Party Started" thread, so I won't retype it here. I just wanted to say that I want to be a TENacious Ten! My surgery is scheduled for October 16, along with nicnaknut and who else?

Looking forward to supporting and being supported here!

Heidi

Welcome all new peeps to the TENacious TENS!!! I'm so happy to see our group keep growing...

We are going to have a great support group.... It looks like bbjerseygirl and mes will be the first in the group to be banded, so lets all give them a big (((((hug))))) for success on their journey.....

BB and mes... Keep us posted on how you are doing with all the pre-op stuff...

BIG hugs to bbjerseygirl and mes. I too hope you will keep us posted, I'm not far behind you!

bbjerseygirl, where in NJ? I am originally from NJ, born in Trenton and grew up in Burlington.

Mescla808, I think you're the first from Hawaii, but hey...... I say let's have our 1st 1-year reunion in your next of the woods! Let's all join Mes in HAWAII in a year, in our bathing suits! WOOT! Aloha baby!

Holly, that sounds just too wonderful. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, but hubby says only if we buy one way tickets!! LOL