Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing weight anymore?

I had my surgery on 9/2/2015 so I am almost a year out. I started at 311 lbs and now, only after nearly a year, I am at 255...? I gained weight, I was 248...I don't understand how this happened.

I walk everyday for an hour, I do light exercise in my house for 30 minutes, I take all my Vitamins and get in all my Protein and fluids, I only have six small meals a day, less than a cup of food.

Why am I stuck at 255? Why did I experience a sudden drop and weight and then a gain and now I am stuck? I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but if so, help.

I know I am having issues of bleeding from my rectum on and off, I've had it since February but my doctor isn't doing anything about it, (my new surgeon, not my old one back in Nebraska, I am in Florida now), he thinks it's just a hemorrhoid...

The last time I checked, hemorrhoids don't give you extreme stomach spasms and make you bleed just dark red blood.

I don't understand what the hell is happening here.

There are two phases to Weight Loss Surgery. These are the weight loss phase and the maintenance phase. After surgery, I was in a weight loss phase for around 7 months and then I slid into the maintenance phase. After RNY gastric bypass surgery, weight loss is achieved my meal volume control. The program requirements that I followed specified between months 10-12, I was limited to 6 ounces (3/4 cup) per meal, three meals per day. So the fact that you are eating 6 meals per day almost one cup per meal, may be slowing your weight loss. Also the daily Protein requirement is met by a combination of the amount of Protein you obtain from meals combined with the protein from supplements (Protein shakes, protein bars). So if you concentrate on consuming high protein meals, you can begin to offload the number of Protein Shakes you are consuming each day and the calories they contain.

There are two phases to Weight Loss Surgery. These are the weight loss phase and the maintenance phase. After surgery, I was in a weight loss phase for around 7 months and then I slid into the maintenance phase. After RNY gastric bypass surgery, weight loss is achieved my meal volume control. The program requirements that I followed specified between months 10-12, I was limited to 6 ounces (3/4 cup) per meal, three meals per day. So the fact that you are eating 6 meals per day almost one cup per meal, may be slowing your weight loss. Also the daily Protein requirement is met by a combination of the amount of Protein you obtain from meals combined with the protein from supplements (protein shakes, protein bars). So if you concentrate on consuming high protein meals, you can begin to offload the number of Protein Shakes you are consuming each day and the calories they contain.

My doctor told me to eat six small protein packed meals a day. :/ Before I was eating 3 meals a day with protein shakes in between and lots of fluids and I as losing weight just fine.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using the BariatricPal App

Dont panic. I am almost 2 years out and went through a couple of stalls during that time. You will hear so many different ways to kick start the weight loss back in so you may have to try a couple of different things. For me I would go several months sometimes in between losses. When this happened I either increased my calories or decreased. ( usually increase because I wasnt eating enough and my body went into starvation mode!)

I am now at the point where I maintained my weight for almost a year - BUT this week have actually gained 4lbs - so now I am reducing calories. Its a constant juggling act to try to get this right! Dont get discouraged!!

Dont panic. I am almost 2 years out and went through a couple of stalls during that time. You will hear so many different ways to kick start the weight loss back in so you may have to try a couple of different things. For me I would go several months sometimes in between losses. When this happened I either increased my calories or decreased. ( usually increase because I wasnt eating enough and my body went into starvation mode!)

I am now at the point where I maintained my weight for almost a year - BUT this week have actually gained 4lbs - so now I am reducing calories. Its a constant juggling act to try to get this right! Dont get discouraged!!

Thanks! I actually weighed myself this morning and I lost 2 pounds so that's good I guess.