Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 16 days post-op and stared puree food on Monday not have good success when I try and eat it's only 2 oz and afterwards I have bad severe full feeling with pain. Is anyone else like this I had my post op today and he said its normal but I am reading where people are hungry and eating and drinking fine. They want me to eat 400 cal a day I can barely get a Protein shake down in 2 hours any advice? Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone

Being hungry that soon is not normal anymore than eating and drinking "just fine". Take it slow. You maybe more swollen than those folks so don't compare. Listen to your tummy so it can heal. Try thinning your shakes with extra Water. Start with 1 oz meals. Be gentle with yourself [emoji4]

I have the same problem and was told that unless I start to increase my calories my body will go into starvation mode I am only 9 days post up and it has been advised to me to take one teenie bite of lunch meat(puree it in your mouth) every 2 hours for 8 hours and try to drink at least one Protein shake it will take me all day to eat a half a piece of lunch meat but at least now I don't feel so faint and weak. That's my

350 Cal for the day

Sent from my XT1028 using the BariatricPal App

2 ounces is a lot so early out. I was only allowed to eat 3 tablespoons of food on puree stage and believe me that was more than enough. Try eating 1 ounce or 1.5 oz and you may find a lot less pain. Having a bad severe full feeling and pain is your stomach telling you that you must eat less (for now, while you are healing) or risk injuring yourself. Good luck!

@@tanyarahmes Don't compare yourself to other people. A lot of people that post here are food addicts and they confuse head hunger with physical hunger. It is pretty much impossible to be physically hungry the first month because the nerves have not reconnected. Then there are a bunch of people not controlling their stomach acid. So don't think being hungry is the norm or expected because it is not.

I know I'm not normalbit if I can do a 60 day juice fast and give up meat and bread for 2 decades that counts for something starting weight 238 I gained 15 pounds per pregnancy that's 105 lbs of gain and I am the smallest in my family. Talk to your doctor, my direction was given to me by my doctor today after my post op check up. Talk to your dr. My pain was hunger confirmed no acid.. All prevacid taken correctly .

Sent from my XT1028 using the BariatricPal App