Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 week stall Vegas trip

So when I had my sleeve done 6/8, I recall asking the nutritionist if I'd be able to eat regular food for our family's annual 4th of July trip to Vegas. She assured me I would. So flash forward to last Wednesday, my 3 week surgiversary and the day before our trip. I'd heard about 3-week stalls and I was a little apprehensive, but I was 39 pounds down and feeling confident.

This weekend I had only one Protein drink. I ate pretty much what I wanted to, including a frozen lemonade and a slice of key lime pie. I had oysters and fish and ribs and chicken and even a little potato puree and some grits with my redfish at Emeril's. I had a Philly cheesesteak slider, but I did not eat at Craftsteak, which didn't disappoint me anywhere near as much as I'd expected. I even had a pretzel dog in the airport when our flight was delayed.

No other way to say it...I overate and I was waaay off my diet plan. A couple of times to the point of feeling uncomfortably full, and once to the point of throwing up.

Also, since I know it's a topic here, I should mention alcohol. I tried two adult beverages, and neither of them sat well. Both were, in fact, unfinished. I'm not normally a drinker, but when it's 106 degrees outside and you're at the pool paying $15 for a frozen lemonade, virgin or not, you figure you want your money's worth. I definitely got more bang for the buck from the virgin drinks.

After all that I came home and I'd gained 0.6 pounds. I'm about to go to the deli across the street from my office and get a scrambled egg with cheese. Time to get back on track and over my totally self-induced 3-week stall. Truth is, I'm looking forward to it, but I also know I've got to learn to eat healthy even in social and vacation settings or I'm not going to feel my best. That's going to be a struggle for me, because I've always linked so many happy memories to food.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So when I had my sleeve done 6/8, I recall asking the nutritionist if I'd be able to eat regular food for our family's annual 4th of July trip to Vegas. She assured me I would. So flash forward to last Wednesday, my 3 week surgiversary and the day before our trip. I'd heard about 3-week stalls and I was a little apprehensive, but I was 39 pounds down and feeling confident.

This weekend I had only one Protein drink. I ate pretty much what I wanted to, including a frozen lemonade and a slice of key lime pie. I had oysters and fish and ribs and chicken and even a little potato puree and some grits with my redfish at Emeril's. I had a Philly cheesesteak slider, but I did not eat at Craftsteak, which didn't disappoint me anywhere near as much as I'd expected. I even had a pretzel dog in the airport when our flight was delayed.

No other way to say it...I overate and I was waaay off my diet plan. A couple of times to the point of feeling uncomfortably full, and once to the point of throwing up.

Also, since I know it's a topic here, I should mention alcohol. I tried two adult beverages, and neither of them sat well. Both were, in fact, unfinished. I'm not normally a drinker, but when it's 106 degrees outside and you're at the pool paying $15 for a frozen lemonade, virgin or not, you figure you want your money's worth. I definitely got more bang for the buck from the virgin drinks.

After all that I came home and I'd gained 0.6 pounds. I'm about to go to the deli across the street from my office and get a scrambled egg with cheese. Time to get back on track and over my totally self-induced 3-week stall. Truth is, I'm looking forward to it, but I also know I've got to learn to eat healthy even in social and vacation settings or I'm not going to feel my best. That's going to be a struggle for me, because I've always linked so many happy memories to food.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That doesn't sound like a stall: which is a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process of losing weight. That sounds like a binge to me.

Glad you had fun.

Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I guess the difference between a VSG and RNY is that, at 7 weeks, I got just a little nauseous just thinking about trying to eat all of that! LOL

At 7 weeks, I'm rarely even tolerating meats, let alone even thinking about trying sugars... I have a very unstable little persnickety pouch. Truth be told, I hope it stays this way for a long time.

Get back on track, pronto! You don't want to waste precious time testing the waters, especially if you can accept so many varied foods this early out. Good for you for reaching for the Protein today!!

Oh my! It definately sounds like a binge to me. 22 months post op and I don't even come close to that bad food you ate and trust me, I have my days where I will have some cherry pie or something that is not on my normal diet.

I went to Vegas exactly 8 weeks post op, was there 10 days and lost nearly 18lbs. I simply could not eat more than a bite or two of anything and was terrified to try foods not on my diet. So it was lots of fish meals and Protein shakes for Breakfast.