Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

from far away philippines

hello everyone. im so glad to find this website. lapband surgery is a relatively new procedure here in my country and i am probably just the second person to be having in done in my city. i feel kinda lost and apprehensive about having the surgery since i really have no one to ask how to prepare, what to expect and i am almost done with my preop clearances..so i can really use all your inputs..i need to know how i can best prepare myself for my new lease on life!!! thanks!:help::)

So glad that you found us. We may not be there with you. but folks here are always willing to help and support. It is very admirable that you are pursuing the band despite the fact that it is not yet popular in your country. I bet it will be soon and you will be a trailblazer. Best of luck on your journey.

thanks a lot. i have so much to do and to know!! what was your diet postop? how are you feeling now? any setbacks? what should i be warned against? i really feel much better now that i have someone to talk to so, thanks so much!!!

thanks a lot. i have so much to do and to know!! what was your diet postop? how are you feeling now? any setbacks? what should i be warned against? i really feel much better now that i have someone to talk to so, thanks so much!!!

My diet immediately after post op was liquids like Protein Shake and Soups put throught the blender. In about a week I was able to eat baby food, yogurt, cottage cheese and mashed potatoes. Then I could eat soft foods like tuna and cooked vegies. Last came meats and uncooked fruits and vegies. Now I eat a well balanced diet of 5-6 small meals a day. I make sure they have plenty of Protein. I try to get at least 70 g of prtein a day. I don't have full restriction yet, so I can eat mostly everything. It takes a few fills to get to a place where the band is really effective.

I feel great. I exercise everyday and I have lots of energy. You should be sure you get the best doctor possible. Follow what s/he tells you to do. This is a life long commitment and you will have to change your life.

Let me know what other questions you might have.:)

Welcome to this wonderful Forum that has made my life so much better after Lap Band. I was banded 5 days ago so I am still going through some issues but every day is better. Please let us know how you did! I am sure the Band will catch on very quickly there as it has here. Best of Luck to you!!

sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night and find myself scared about the surgery..im no longer worried about being hungry because i guess, given a small stomach, i will always feel full. but, i think i will miss food a lot. i have been fat all my life and im a self-confessed emotional eater. so you could say food is my bestfriend. but since i got diagnosed with diabetes, i KNOW that lap band is for me..and i stop being scared. have you ever felt this way? have you ever had moments before your surgery that you felt doubtful? thanks again

Welcome to this wonderful Forum that has made my life so much better after Lap Band. I was banded 5 days ago so I am still going through some issues but every day is better. Please let us know how you did! I am sure the Band will catch on very quickly there as it has here. Best of Luck to you!!

hi, how are you feeling so far?? may i ask what difficulties have you had since your surgery? i am so happy for you that you feel better each day and have lost a lot of weight so soon. have you started exercising?? does the surgery still hurt?? keep it up!!!:clap2::rolleyes::whoo:

I think that anyone who takes this procedure seriously has these doubts and second thoughts. It is a huge commitment and it will change your relationship with food. Food is still my friend-but it is my friend that works with me to be healthy and energetic. Do miss our old relationship-You bet! Will I get over it-I will-sometimes it is hard but I have taken up yoga and walk daily and this really helps me to comfort myself the way I used to with food.

I think that anyone who takes this procedure seriously has these doubts and second thoughts. It is a huge commitment and it will change your relationship with food. food is still my friend-but it is my friend that works with me to be healthy and energetic. Do miss our old relationship-You bet! Will I get over it-I will-sometimes it is hard but I have taken up yoga and walk daily and this really helps me to comfort myself the way I used to with food.

i spent the day reading up on preop and postop diets..and well since i dont a have nutritionist, i figured i would do the preop diet to the most of my ability. from what ive read it seems you guys follow a program from your doctors..would you mind running it by me so i know?? like how long does your preop clearance schedule? does everyone undergo counselling? im require to undergo psychiatric clearance, do you do the same?? how long doe it usually take till the day of banding??:huggie::)

I spent the day reading up on preop and postop diets..and well since i dont a have nutritionist, i figured i would do the preop diet to the most of my ability. from what ive read it seems you guys follow a program from your doctors..would you mind running it by me so i know??

The pre op diet varies form doc to doc. My doctor did not have me do a pre op diet, but I had been dieting for several months anyway. It seems that most people do a 10 day liquid diet or a liquid diet with a small sensible supper.

like how long does your preop clearance schedule? does everyone undergo counselling? im require to undergo psychiatric clearance, do you do the same??

It is standard here that everyone needs to be cleared by some sort of counselor. They need to make sure that we are emotionally ready to deal with the band and the changes that it will bring. Since I have had an unhealthy relationship with food for many years, I spoke to a counselor for several years prior to my surgery.

how long doe it usually take till the day of banding??:confused:;)

I started the official process in January and got my band in July.

Good luck!

Hey sexy soon, I'm also Filipino and I am researching on the lap band surgery. I just want to know how much you paid the surgery for and if you know of any local insurance companies that could shoulder expenses for the operation? Thanks! I would appreciate if you could send me an email message at mzvillalobos@gmail.com so we could discuss... Thank you very much for your help!

Hello and welcome to LBT.. That's exciting that the band has moved into your city. I think that you will be able to find all the support you could want here on LBT.

Hey sexysoon, I just want to invite you to post for our Filipino kababayans. I created a local support group. You will find the Philippines Local Support by clicking:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f77/philippines-local-lap-band-support-93321/

or by going to the Local Lab-Band Support Forum --> Elsewhere Local Support Group ----> Philippines Local Support Group.

Thank you! Ingat!

Hey sexysoon, I just want to invite you to post for our Filipino kababayans. I created a local support group. You will find the Philippines Local Support by clicking:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f77/philippines-local-lap-band-support-93321/

or by going to the Local Lab-Band Support Forum --> Elsewhere Local Support Group ----> Philippines Local Support Group.

Thank you! Ingat!