Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lunch Ideas

:help:I need some ideas for lunch at work. I have access to a kitchen so anything goes. I've been taking the bumble bee's 2.9oz cups of tuna mixed with ff mayo and some crackers BUT my family is concerned with how much tuna I've been taking in...The mercury thing. I could eat tuna every day (well I practically have been since banded :faint:). I need light high Protein ideas.

:eek:Note I tried canned chicken in a chicken salad YUCK!

The more variety the better.

Thank you!

I feel ya on the tuna..I think I might be growing fins...

I have been trying Vegan and Vegeterian (prob not spelled right!) foods recently. These are often made to be real high in Protein. I found this chili that used like fake turkey and Beans and it was actually real good I found it at Walmart but cant remeber the brand, but it fed me for awhile.

But they do have lots of tofu etc foods available and these are higher in protein..o and of course I drink soy milk everyday. Its actually a chore for me because I dont like milk of any type, so I have to work myself up for it and have this lil pep talk about how i need the Protein etc, then I also add coconut extract to it, to help get it down.

Good luck, as a last result, even though my doc told me not to, I will drink a Protein shake as a meal. He didnt want me to eat them bc they were empty calories, but I make them real thick with soy milk and freeze them into a shake..keeps me full for a while and ensures that I am getting protein

:help:I need some ideas for lunch at work. I have access to a kitchen so anything goes. I've been taking the bumble bee's 2.9oz cups of tuna mixed with ff mayo and some crackers BUT my family is concerned with how much tuna I've been taking in...The mercury thing. I could eat tuna every day (well I practically have been since banded :faint:). I need light high Protein ideas.

:eek:Note I tried canned chicken in a chicken salad YUCK!

The more variety the better.

Thank you!

I know what you mean about the tuna. I live in the desert, it's HOT here. I'm always shocked when I go outside and I don't grow taller like the mercury in a thermometer. :mad: I also agree about the canned chicken, it's disgusting. The stuff I tried was like little tasteless twigs. Gross. There isn't enough mayo on this earth to make it slide down in my case either.

You could make your own chicken salad by mushing it up in a Magic Bullet, add a little apple, spices, mayo, etc.

Any kind of salad.. cobb, spinich, or my fav - All the veggies that you would typically put on top of a lettuce salad... just soak those in Italian dressing for a few hours and enjoy. Whatever veggies you like. I like Tomato, onion, bell pepper, brocolli (is that 2 c's and 1 L? or 1 c and 2 L's?), yellow squash, and zuchini.

You could make a spaghetti squash the night before and use it as Pasta. Put salsa, spaghetti sauce, alfredo sauce (just a little), or whatever you like on it. A few croutons and it's great.

A small single serving size of canned refried Beans topped with everything you enjoy. They are verrry filling so a little will go a long way. Can you eat corn tortillas? Put refried Beans on a corn tortilla, a little cheese, tomatoes, onions, olives, whatever you like, heat & eat.

Yogurt and granola, maybe a few nuts.

Deli/home cooked turkey and cheese slices. Roll them up and enjoy. Substitute chicken, roast beef, ham if you don't like turkey or want a variety.

Personally, the spaghetti squash is one of my favs.

I feel ya on the tuna..I think I might be growing fins...

I have been trying Vegan and Vegeterian (prob not spelled right!) foods recently. These are often made to be real high in Protein. I found this chili that used like fake turkey and Beans and it was actually real good I found it at Walmart but cant remeber the brand, but it fed me for awhile.

Next time you happen to notice the brand name of the veggie chili would you make a mental note and post it? Do you know if it was a Walmart brand or other brand?

I used to be a vegetarian and I'm completely ready to go back to that lifestyle. Chewing meat to a paste is grossing me out.

Thanks!

There are also some frozen dinners that arent too bad for you. I dont think I would want to eat one every day because of all the sodium, but on occasion its not bad.

I take vegetable Soup, left over meat from dinner the night before, if you can tolerate it whole grain rice (microwave kind) and a little black Beans for flavor. You can also buy the pre-cooked chicken made for fajitas which you can throw into almost everything, it is microwaveable. Rolled up lunchmeat as mentioned above gets me full quickly. If you find something else that works for you share with us!

Lean cusine has good small frozen dinners that a lot of people here at work bring. They have the ones under 300 calories, would be a good idea, I don't know about the Protein content, but worth checking out.

I bring Soup sometimes and heat it up in a styrafome cup.

And like today for b'fast, I wanted to try a high protein start on my day.. I took a shot of the 25g test tube of protein and a glass of milk. Maybe if something you like isn't high protein, try taking something with protein to balance it out? I'm not sure if you're suppose to do that or not, but doesn't sound bad to me.

Thanks so much for your ideas...Keep them coming!

Today I tried something new...I made a little salad with baby lettuce and some other veggies and topped it with 3 slices of Healthy Choice ham & turkey and a serving size of 75% fat free sharp cheddar cheese. The meat & cheese Protein = 19g

I used the New Salad Spritzers (not bad) for 10 calories per 10 sprays 1g fat.

I also bought the meatless burger scramble. I'm going to attempt a veggie chili with fake meat. That would make good left overs for lunch.< /p>

A serving of the meatless burger is 2 oz and it's 7g protein and the Beans are 8g protein. That's not bad and could add a little low fat cheese on top. We're talking 15-20g protein for a serving of chili.

Frozen veggie burgers (without the bun) only need to be heated in the microwave and are pretty good.

Val

I always want tuna salid or egg salid but I am alergic to mayo it gives me hives. the ingredients in it dont get me but the jared stuff kills me.

What about those little bowls of chili or something? They're in the Soup aisle, made to go right into the microwave. I don't know any nutrition info, but maybe check those out.. they have all kinds of stuff in that area.

What about those little bowls of chili or something? They're in the Soup aisle, made to go right into the microwave. I don't know any nutrition info, but maybe check those out.. they have all kinds of stuff in that area.

There are probably various brands but thus far the only brands of individual serving size of chili is loaded with fat and calories. I've tried them and I don't care for them, they taste like there are big lumps of fat goo in there, not sure what it is supposed to be.

If anyone finds a great veggie brand it would be great to try it.

There are probably various brands but thus far the only brands of individual serving size of chili is loaded with fat and calories. I've tried them and I don't care for them, they taste like there are big lumps of fat goo in there, not sure what it is supposed to be.

If anyone finds a great veggie brand it would be great to try it.

I like the Amy's chili. You can find it at Whole Foods or in the Organic section of a lot of grocery stores.

Amy's Kitchen - Products