Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lunch Ideas

:hungry: I went in for a fill the other day and the nurse who did my fill told me if I was having a salad I needed to eat the lettuce first and then the rest of the salad because she said that the lettuce is 90% Water and it will flush your food through to fast.

I am tired of egg salad. I eat that for Breakfast. I have done lunchmeat to death. I have been eating skinless hotdogs with chili and cheese. I have tried a few of the Smart Choice and Lean Cuisine frozen meals, they are not so bad. My Doctor wants me drink my Protein Shakes. I still havent found a way drink them on a daily basis. I have tried quite a few things. My doctor even supplied recipes to try. I am current mixing a chocolate with a strawberry cheesecake into one shake. It is not so bad. I have gotten to the point where I dont want to eat because I am tired of things that I can eat.

At one of our support group meeting a woman there made a great suggestion that I've been doing to get my Protein in.

Along with my coffee in the morning I use ff milk maybe 2 ounce and a serving size scoop of Protein Shake powder (vanilla 25g) added to my coffee, stir well and pop in the microwave a few seconds. It just like a latte! excellent!!. I brand of protein is low calorie and it taste great!!

I still have Breakfast of either yogurt with a strawberry and a little granola. I'm full for quiet some time.

I like to have a small salad for lunch or a cup of Soup. Today I had a taste for a cheeseburger, I could only eat half of it. I also tried Chilli with a small salad one day for lunch. I guess these could be considered comfort foods for bandsters because I notice a lot of people eat the same thing. I usually try a stick of low fat cheese and a couple of crackers for a snack when I can remember.

You could always make your own chili with the fake meat crumbles they have at Walmart in the freezer section (Morningstar Farms or Gardenburger, maybe Boca brand too) and freeze it in smaller portions in the size you'll eat (small freezer bags/takes up less space and lies flat).

Then you can take one out the night before to let it thaw and transfer it to a microwavable container to bring for lunch. Then you know exactly what's it in unlike some of those already canned or frozen ones.

Plus, you can always use no salt added tomatoes to cut back on sodium if it's a problem. You could probably do that (freeze in small portions) with practically anything: Soups, pasta/sauce, etc. And it's cheaper than buying a ton of those frozen meals and you can have a little variety.:(

I really like Hormell's turkey chili.

I think That is an awsome idea hf2havefun I always make too much chili and those bowls are just too bulky to store in my little freezer.

Cerrin.. you mentioned being allergic to mayo..

My egg salad is normally ff mayo & pickle relish--tuna salad too. I found out pickle relish isn't a standard everywhere (I always thought it was!).. but if you like it with relish, my granny (who is diabetic and always coming up with something new), started mixing eggs with ff thousand island dressing.. instead of the mayo/relish. I'm not sure if thousand island is same as mayo, but if not.. it is actually really good, I couldn't tell a difference and it's a little bit healthier ;)

I've never had any of those little things of chili, I just see them passing in the Soup aisle..

But I have tried, those little packets of things like chicken & rice, turkey&gravy (dont remember the brand..all the drug stores have them, they're non-refrigerated) and they're DISGUSTING. Not only does it look horrible..and smell horrible.. but one bite made me spit it out. Avoid them! ;)

HUMMUS!

IN A BLENDER:

GARBONZO Beans - one can

GARLIC GLOVES (CRUSHED) - 3-5

LEMON juice - 2-4 tbsp

SESAME OIL - 1-2 tsp

WHITE VINEGAR - 1-2 tsp

TABASCO - few dashes

ADJUST TO YOUR TASTE. GREAT WITH A PITA OR CRACKERS.... EVEN LETTUCE WRAP STYLE. ADD A Tomato, YUM.

Since I went to the grocery store, wanted to find the brand of those nasty things you need to avoid like the plague.. they're Hormel brand!

A quick and easy Protein is tofu, I dice it up very small, and add a little salad dressing. I throw it on the salad right before I eat it.

I don't know much about tofu. All I have read is that some is soft and some is hard. Can you get it in flavors? What does it taste like? Do you have any idea what the calorie/carb count is?

Thanks!

Since I went to the grocery store, wanted to find the brand of those nasty things you need to avoid like the plague.. they're Hormel brand!

Ohhh yeah, Hormel! Aren't those the kind with the gobs of fat goo? Yes, disgusting. I agree.

The mayo alergy is weird. My mom would make home made mayo and NANase is ok but the processed stuff gives me hives.

Someone posted a tuna salid Soup with yougart instead of mayo. I think I am going to try that for tuna salid.