Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am new to this site. Just signed up today because I just discovered it. My surgery has been approved and is scheduled for June 30th. I have so many what ifs going through my head that I'm freaking out. I'm excited but so nervous at the same time. What if I I get dehydrated? What if I get sick? What if I screw something up? What if I fail? I know they are probably questions that go through everyone's head. If I am not doing anything and have time to relax I think about all this. I guess I have to keep myself busy. :0(

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

What if you can sip sip sip past dehydration? What if you have little to no nausea? What if you follow your surgeons plan? What if you succeed?

I am also set to be sleeved on June 30th and many of the same "what ifs" have gone through my head. But I just keep telling myself that I'm not going to have 85 percent of my stomach removed and not make this work. Will there be obstacles and setbacks? Absolutely. But there's a solution and an answer to anything I'll face. You (and I) have to believe in the process we've been through to get us ready for this surgery.

I am new to this site. Just signed up today because I just discovered it. My surgery has been approved and is scheduled for June 30th. I have so many what ifs going through my head that I'm freaking out. I'm excited but so nervous at the same time. What if I I get dehydrated? What if I get sick? What if I screw something up? What if I fail? I know they are probably questions that go through everyone's head. If I am not doing anything and have time to relax I think about all this. I guess I have to keep myself busy. :0(

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Whoa, you're going to spin yourself into a tizzy.

- If you pace your liquid intake, it's unlikely that you'll get dehydrated. If you do, there are simple ways to correct it.

- Sick how? The common cold? Mumps? Vomiting? If and when it happens, there will be a way.

- If you follow your practice's guidelines, you won't screw something up. If you're unclear on an instruction, clarify before you go on to that step.

- Instead of asking "What if I fail?," ask "What if I succeed?" The possible answers are endless and tantalizing. Risk it.

- Don't be silly. You are the only person who's ever asked these questions. You truly are unique in the world.

- Yup, keep yourself occupied. Spread out buying your post-surgery supplies so that you have something to do each of the next eight days. Same with other preparations. My most sage recommendation is to change the sheets on the morning of the 30th, just before you head to the hospital. It will occupy you for a few minutes and you'll have a fresh, crisp bed when you get home.

Okay?

Welcome.

I certainly understand the pre-op anxiety. That was the worst part of the whole process for me.

Just trust your surgeon and bariatric team. As long as you are honest and open with them and do the best you can to do everything they ask you to do then you will be fine.

After surgery: sip, sip, sip, and get up and walk as soon as you can.

Focus on getting in your fluids and Protein, take your Vitamins as instructed and exercise when cleared.

I'm exactly where you are!! I'm scheduled for my sleeve on July 6th, and I'm suddenly nervous with all these questions and worries. I went through all the required appointments, and I even though I have my folder from my nutritionist, I'm so scared of making the wrong food choice . I had a smoothie today, and I just kept thinking...is this too much sugar, too little Protein? Blah, blah, blah.

I guess we just have to follow our instructions, and think of a positive outcome =)

This is major life changing surgery. I'd be worried if someone wasn't nervous. Stick to your plan and you will do well. Good luck!