Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm wondering if my sleeve is small enough?

I really don't know if I will ask any more questions on here.... I think I will quietly be a observer. I understand all the support for me to be clear of the dangers. However that was not my question.Thank you everyone for your time.

Don't let the attitudes of some people who feel the need to judge everything they see on here stop you from asking questions. We are here to support you, just ignore those who are rude. I'm sure your journey will be great! :)

New question? Should I change my profile name to "the crazy pizza lady" ?

Naaaa, you are fine. ;-)

Unless she changes it to, "The Crazy pizza Lady Who Uses A Straw". That would do it . ;)

@@VSGAnn2014 hey im curious about what you meant about your comment as I feel like I could eat anything myself( although I am not giving into that feeling) and am kind of wondering about it.

Naaaa, you are fine. ;-)
Unless she changes it to, "The Crazy pizza Lady Who Uses A Straw". That would do it . ;)
Can we change it to "crazy lady who eats pizza and drinks SODA with a straw" .... now that would be interesting!! Hahahhaha i can hear the WLS gods gasping in horror from here lol

Edited by AussieGirl81

@@VSGAnn2014 hey im curious about what you meant about your comment as I feel like I could eat anything myself( although I am not giving into that feeling) and am kind of wondering about it.

@ ... not sure which comment you're referring to. Could you quote it for me?

@Km77942009, I'm so glad you are okay and got checked out! Wonderful news. And, yes, now that the initial hysteria is over and all's well that ends well, please do post again. No one is perfect, and honestly, everyone does want you to be a successful vet.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery so you can enjoy some pizza toppings in peace a few months from now -- although, you may have had pizza ruined for you forever after this little blip! LOL.

No, because then we would have to ask "which one"?

For some reason, pizza seems to makes some of us lose our minds.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! That would be wrong.

You need to use a capital "T", it should be "The crazy pizza lady". :)

I really don't know if I will ask any more questions on here.... I think I will quietly be a observer. I understand all the support for me to be clear of the dangers. However that was not my question.Thank you everyone for your time.

Please continue to post - especially kick ass before and after pictures showing your great success! ????. Seriously - I know we may have seemed harsh but it was in concern for your health. I agree with @@OKCPirate - you took everything you heard, responded respectfully and didn't take offense (or you didn't seem to). You learned and came out stronger! You have a good sense of humor and that's a must! ????

You've got this!!!

Edited by KristenLe

I, too, appreciate how well you took some "tough love" and straightforward advice with a sense of humor. I would guess that 99% of those who are willing to come back here and give you a bit more than warm fuzzy are doing so because they genuinely care. If they didn't, they would be off living their new, healthy lives with no further attachment to the WLS community. Instead, they are choosing to give back a little.

We were all new to this at one point and I'd venture a guess that most of us screwed the pooch (NOT THE POUCH!!) at some point in our pre/post/maintenance diet. ;)

....We were all new to this at one point and I'd venture a guess that most of us screwed the pooch (NOT THE POUCH!!) at some point in our pre/post/maintenance diet.... ;)

That's TMI. What you do in your spare time is nobody's business.

:)

@@Km77942009 - I want you to keep posting and don't be afraid to ask crazy pizza questions :P

Unfortunately some people don't like it when OP say _________ wasn't a good idea.

Examples of "___________"

straws

smoking marijuana

alcohol/beer

popcorn

carbonated drinks

And some folks get their feelings hurt and say they are being attacked on the forum. In this case you never said that you were being attacked.

You handled the responses and followed up on your doctor (CT scan). IMO that is what what you SHOULD do.

I disagreed with the OP about the moderator posting concerns to Alex that we all could read. Bullies need to be addressed on the forum.

Please keep asking questions if you have questions.

There are lots of people that lurk and never ask questions, and the responses that other people get help that.

Which is why I respond to a lot of posts even if I think they are fake, I honestly didn't think this was a real post initially, because they might help someone else.

When I was in my pre-op class, a lot of people were asking questions and treating surgery like it was just another diet and it isn't a diet, it is a major life change, and early on what people are told to eat is like a medical prescription for their health and safety not just a diet. Since post-op care varies to much, it is important that people understand this.

I'm sorry you didn't get the answer you wanted but to answer your original question. Unless you have a stricture, you can force more food through your sleeve than your capacity. Chewing food until it is absolute mush, and drinking Water you can eat pretty much endlessly. You stomach start emptying as soon as food and liquids enter it. If you make the foods smooth and Water enough, you can push all the food you want through. Eating around a sleeve doesn't mean it is too large.