Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As of today i am 73 days out since my sleeve and down 39 lbs. I feel like i am going to stop losing weight and like im losing slower or able to eat more than everyone else. I know it is probably all in my head but it is frustrating to have stalls and then lose a lb when everyone else seems to be losing several per week at this stage. My starting weight was 278. How much were you guys losing at this point and did you continue to lose even after several weeks of 1-2 lb weight loss? If any of you experienced tge dlsame feelings let me know where u are now. Im in need of some encouragement

Sent from my LGMS428 using the BariatricPal App

oh ya. my pattern has been to loose 3-5 pounds and then go up 1 or 2 pounds and then down again. but the overall trend from month to month is downward.

it is a lot easier for me to be patient with it once I got below 200 before that I thought, well there you go, I'm the exception.

I do think slow and steady is the way to loose. when I get concerned I track my food a few days to make sure my diet is spot on, and if it is I just trust my body to do what it is supposed to do.

Tomorrow would be my first month but I have only lost 16 pounds. I feel so so frustrated. I cut down my calories to 600-800 and I am still stalling. I was 173 pounds and 5'2. I wonder if it has to do with my low BMI.

I am really really frustrated and scared that I won't lose anymore.

Edited by Eustacia Vye

I know it's difficult but don't compare yourself to others! 39lbs lost in 73 days is excellent! Yes - it's slower than some but they may have more to lose or will lose fast at the beginning and slow down. Keep going - you're definitely headed in the right direction! Follow your plan - you'll lose!

Tomorrow would be my first month but I have only lost 16 pounds. I feel so so frustrated. I cut down my calories to 600-800 and I am still stalling. I was 173 pounds and 5'2. I wonder if it has to do with my low BMI.

I know how it feels - but cutting back that low, depending on what your caloric needs are could actually cause you to stall out more. So please, do the tracking thing for exercise and food and make sure your calorie deficit is appropriate.

@@Eustacia Vye You have very little to lose (you're already close to my GOAL weight) - so the weight is definitely going to come off slower. 16 lbs is nothing to sneeze at though - that's a good loss considering you are starting at 173 lbs. Do not restrict calories - you will mess up your metabolism. Be sure to get in enough Protein and fluids!

@@Eustacia Vye My nutritionist told me not to concentrate on calories at that stage - but to ensure we were getting enough Protein (60-80 gms for me), drinking plenty of no-cal fluids and exercising. We haven't talked about calorie intake yet.

It sounds like you are doing fine - just be sure to get your Protein and fluids.

oh ya. my pattern has been to loose 3-5 pounds and then go up 1 or 2 pounds and then down again. but the overall trend from month to month is downward.

it is a lot easier for me to be patient with it once I got below 200 before that I thought, well there you go, I'm the exception.

I do think slow and steady is the way to loose. when I get concerned I track my food a few days to make sure my diet is spot on, and if it is I just trust my body to do what it is supposed to do.

How long has it been since your surgery? Did you continue to lose much longer?

I do hear the lower the bmi the slower you lose because you dont have as much to lose. I hope your concerns are eased soon!

How long has it been since your surgery? Did you continue to lose much longer?

4 months and yes, I continue to loose weight.

37 days out, 27 pounds off. Bad or good, we are all different so we will all loose differently. Quick or slow and steady don't compare urself to others. Good luck