Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalled completely, even gaining some

HW 312

SW 289

CW 224

I'm so frustrated at my weight loss. I've been in my 220s since 4/25 (today is 6/18, almost 2 months later). I know I wasn't getting enough Water in, but the Protein was always 80-100 at least. I'm going to the gym twice a day now. Is anyone else stalled, or has stalled and broken out of it?

@@stephyr

Are you losing inches?

If you are going to the gym twice a day, are your calories keeping up? You can't create a huge calorie deficit and not fill it. If you are working out more you need to eat more, or your body will think it is starving.

HW 312

SW 289

CW 224

I'm so frustrated at my weight loss. I've been in my 220s since 4/25 (today is 6/18, almost 2 months later). I know I wasn't getting enough Water in, but the Protein was always 80-100 at least. I'm going to the gym twice a day now. Is anyone else stalled, or has stalled and broken out of it?

Are you tracking everything you stick in your mouth? What is your typical carb/protein/fat/calorie count? Are you taking your measurements as well as weighing yourself?

Yea I track on myfitnesspal. I'm getting 80-100 Protein a day but the rest I'd have to look up to tell you. My phone recently took a dump so I'm basing off of memory.

Are you tracking everything you stick in your mouth? What is your typical carb/protein/fat/calorie count? Are you taking your measurements as well as weighing yourself?

HW 312

SW 289

CW 224

That could be it. I'm getting about 800-900 calories a day.

@@stephyr

Are you losing inches?

If you are going to the gym twice a day, are your calories keeping up? You can't create a huge calorie deficit and not fill it. If you are working out more you need to eat more, or your body will think it is starving.

Edited by stephyr

If you are only eating 800-900 calories and are working out twice a day, no wonder you are stalled.

Have you talked to your NUT about making sure you are getting enough nutrition for your exercise level?

You are the same height as me and you weigh a little less. Your resting metabolic rate is probably 1800-1900 a day, that is if you don't do anything at all and just lay in bed. If you add in your activity, you are burning over 2000 calories a day. And you are only eating 800-900, that is over 1000 calorie a day deficit. Try increasing your calories to at least 1200. Eat another portion or meat, a Protein bar or a shake. Try it for a couple weeks and see what happens.

Your surgery date says 1999. When did you have surgery?

I'm sorry you're experiencing this frustration. I had a lengthy stall this year, and it finally broke when I increased my calories and made sure I had at a very minimum 900 a day. When I'm biking to work and going to the gym I need to up the calories even more. Today is the 10 month mark from my surgery. I stepped on the scale expecting to see a higher number than a few days ago because friends are in town and we've been eating out so much, but it was two pounds lower. It felt like a little victory. My body definitely runs better when I'm getting in more than 1000 calories and staying reasonably active. When I work out more, I need to eat more in order to see weight loss.

I'd try increasing your calories gradually and see what happens. Your body has probably gone into a starvation mode and is clinging on to every calorie you put into it to try to protect your organs. It will calm down and start cooperating again if you feed it more. For me, just adding in an afternoon latte or smoothie was enough at first when I really didn't want any more than about 800 calories worth of food in a day. I then started making my meals a bit larger but still fitting onto a salad plate for each one.

Keep the faith!

Your surgery date says 1999. When did you have surgery?

12/10/15 i'm a little over 6 months out

I'm sorry you're experiencing this frustration. I had a lengthy stall this year, and it finally broke when I increased my calories and made sure I had at a very minimum 900 a day. When I'm biking to work and going to the gym I need to up the calories even more. Today is the 10 month mark from my surgery. I stepped on the scale expecting to see a higher number than a few days ago because friends are in town and we've been eating out so much, but it was two pounds lower. It felt like a little victory. My body definitely runs better when I'm getting in more than 1000 calories and staying reasonably active. When I work out more, I need to eat more in order to see weight loss.

I'd try increasing your calories gradually and see what happens. Your body has probably gone into a starvation mode and is clinging on to every calorie you put into it to try to protect your organs. It will calm down and start cooperating again if you feed it more. For me, just adding in an afternoon latte or smoothie was enough at first when I really didn't want any more than about 800 calories worth of food in a day. I then started making my meals a bit larger but still fitting onto a salad plate for each one.

Keep the faith!

Thanks. I'm worried about redeveloping an eating disorder and maybe its causing me to have a different issue haha.

thanks again

I feel in a similar boat. Ive been stalled at 240ish since April. No movement despite exercise, diet adjustments and even a couple days back to the Protein Shake only diet.

It's hard. I feel afraid of gaining back.

Trying to find a balance between non-reactionary calmness and reasonable attention to broken matters.