Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you look forward to most...when you're thin?

Buying stylish clothes instead of clothes that cover me.

Wearing boots. i've never owned a pair of boots...

Riding a bike with my kids.

Not wearing a mumu on the beach

Having normal size calves. I feel like my calves are enormous

Dancing without sweating!

Feeling sexy and attractive

Ooooohhhh - so much fun ahead!!!

I feel like I'm much more open and free than I was this time last year. I'd dread running into people I hadn't seen in a while because I knew my weight gain would be noticeable, and would only attend social functions out of fairness to my husband. I was much more self-absorbed because I constantly was self-conscious about myself instead of focusing outwards. I was hibernating in a way, still alive but not engaged in life. I'm living again now.

Having smaller boobs that don't look like inflated balls

Not feeling self conscious and like everyone is talking about me

Not worrying about fitting into seats wherever I go

Fitting into my smaller sized clothes

Jogging and lifting weights!

Thighs not rubbing when I walk....I hate this so much !

You might not like deflated balls anymore than inflated balls! lol

VSG was 8 months ago.

I've seen some welcome developments: returning to the gym and feeling like I don't stand out, sitting in any random airplane seat and having zero issues, sitting in any booth with room to spare, unable to wear any of my old clothes....completely new stuff.....and much of that is too big now, much, much more mobile.

I've been very fortunate for the loss thus far. It came at a great time in my life, too, as things at work have become insanely stressful. The already long hours are longer each day....the time between days off is longer, too. I tackle it and sometimes wonder how in the world I'd have done so with my body from 8 months ago. Crazy scenario, very glad to be more streamlined and able to get through it.

What I'm looking for next......well for short term goals....say over the next month: My goal by mid July is to fit comfortably into the new clothes I just bought...5 shirts and some jeans. They were all ordered a size down from my current size. I really want to be in them in time for a vacation that's coming up.

Mid range goal: To arrive at my 1 year appointment wearing whatever I"m dressed in that day and proudly step up on the scale and be BELOW my goal weight. It is not going to happen unless I get a bit more aggressive with my cardio efforts.

Longer range goals: Live long enough below goal so that my abdominal muscles develop and tighten to the point where my surgeon feels confident in going in and doing what I hope will be a final umbilical hernia repair (my 4th ) and then begin making plans with a plastic surgeon to address what needs to be addressed. I'd also like to get my torn rotator cuff repaired at some point during this, too. It's seriously screwing up what I am trying to do in the gym. I couldn't even shoot hoops with my nephew last month. Sucks !

I'm looking forward to some beach vacations next summer.

Love reading this... I am pre op, and I cannot wait for pretty much everything u guys have said... Going out and not feeling like a paranoid freak that everyone is staring at, buying the clothes I like and not feeling like total crap after a shopping trip, being able to jog with the dogs... I could go on...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I cannot wait to be able to walk into a non-plus-size store or section of a store and shop and actually fit into the clothes. I also cannot wait to take family photos with my son that I look comfortable and happy and healthy in.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The thing I'm really looking forward to is my weight not being the only thing people talk to me about. Since Ive lost weight the conversations have gone from you need to loose weight to are you still loosing weight? Keep loosing...can you eat that...keep loosing...can you eat that

I'm going through a divorce, looking for a job, living with my parents, been super depressed....but the only thing people can talk to me is my weight