Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post sleeve pain in stomach

I was sleeved on 6/6 and am on Clear liquids.

I get a sharp pain in my stomach when I drink liquids. Sometimes it's from gas and sometimes it just happens on its own. I have tried sipping liquids in all temps and gas X strips which do not help.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had my sleeve done on 6/13 an have the same issue. When I drink something it cramps really bad. Figured the stomach is still quite swollen an this is part of the process but will ask my surgeon Tuesday an let you know what he says. Good luck

Any updated on this? I'm having the same issue, going to call my Surgeons office on Monday

Same issue here. I find that warm liquids don't do it as bad. And I'm supposed to be eating full liquids like applesauce, yogurt, etc but I'm scared to!

My surgeon said that the opening to my stomach may be narrow due to swelling and to wait 2-3weeks to see if it gets better otherwise he would do a swallow test to see how food goes down and if anything he can do another procedure to widen the opening but I wouldn't see as much weight loss. He also started me on soft foods to see if that helps. If I eat puréed foods it hurts worse, but sometimes it doesn't.

Good Luck Everyone.

Also asked my surgeon about it an he said it was completely normal. The stomach is still swollen an needs to heal. Mine is getting better an does happen as much unless I take too big of a drink.

Drink some Chamomile tea one in the morning and one evening. I drank it and the gas was gone.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for all the feedback on this issue. I was feeling like there was something more wrong with me. You all have helped a great deal. I'm the type of person who if I know what is causing this pain/discomfort I can endure. It's not knowing that trips me up. And it all sounds so logical when I see it here. Yeah, your stomach is still healing so there's going to be discomfort! And the entrance is more narrow, so yeah, you're going to feel stuff going down!

My surgeon said that the opening to my stomach may be narrow due to swelling and to wait 2-3weeks to see if it gets better otherwise he would do a swallow test to see how food goes down and if anything he can do another procedure to widen the opening but I wouldn't see as much weight loss. He also started me on soft foods to see if that helps. If I eat puréed foods it hurts worse, but sometimes it doesn't.

Good Luck Everyone.

This is exactly what I was told by my surgeon's office. I found that popsicles helped a great deal with the swelling. sugar free, of course. I felt totally different in a day, as far as the tightness when swallowing.