Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pouch already stretched at 6 weeks out?

Your "high protein" desert seems to have an awful lot of Protein. It is my understanding that we can only process about 20-25 grams (no more than 30 grams) at a time. If you split it in half you would be better off in my opinion.

Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

@@AnnaValenka

There are a couple of things that I would do if I were you to ensure that you remain on track.

1. Absolutely stick to the no drink with food at least 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after you eat. You could be flushing what you are eating right down causing you to feel hungrier although at 6 weeks it is very unlikely you are feeling real hunger. It is likely head hunger and you have to learn to distract yourself.

2. 1 cup of food is a lot for 6 weeks post op. I am 21 months post op and unless I am eating salad, I can't even eat 1 cup of actual food. When eating dense Protein, I am luckily if I can get 3 oz. in. Dense Protein will also keep you full longer.

3. You have to find a Protein Drink that works for you that has both low sugar, low carbs and high protein. It took me several weeks before I found one that works. I use Premier Protein ready made shakes which has 30 grams of protein in it. I understand we don't absorb much more than that at any one sitting.

4. When you wrote your post I got the impression that you are guessing how much you are actually eating? I may have got the wrong impression but if you are not measuring and tracking, calories find a way of sneaking in. One of the best habits I built for myself was tracking my food every day, good or bad. That way I know exactly what I put in my mouth. As time goes by you will get a good sense of what 1/4 cup or a 1/2 cup is. My diet did not allow for a full cup of food until I was a year out and honestly I rarely am able now at 21 months post op.

There are a lot of mixed write ups about where a pouch actually stretches or not. The reality is the first 8 weeks you are very swollen, when the swelling goes down, you have more room. At or near the year mark, you actually get more comfortable with filling your pouch and so it may seem like you can push more in or that it stretched. That is why measuring is a really good thing to do.

I am glad to hear you are meeting with your nut because it sounds like you just need to get back to basics. At this stage your body really doesn't need a lot of food, it's needs hydration, protein and Vitamins to do well.

Also, your weight loss is actually great! Be prepared that it will definately change in the coming months and if you are not prepared mentally for it it can be demotivating. I was a slow loser, losing about 100lbs in my first 9 months. Then it took me another 10 months to lose the remaining 50lbs.

If you can, take advantage of the honeymoon period where you will lose the most weight. That is typically the first 6 months before your real hunger kicks back in.

Best of luck to you!