Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doing Something for the First Time

I wore a bikini yesterday for the first time in my life - in my backyard / alone / for my eyes only (anyone else would have runaway screaming "My eyes! My Eyes!!".)

Nay, Woman. Anyone else would have sung, "My Eyes Adore You."

Love it!

I'd love to hear about what books you are going to read.

Not to hijack this topic, I'll send you a list in a private message. @@Daisee68, I'm guessing your "like" means you'd also like the list, so I'll send it to you, too. Anyone else interested, just let me know.

Saw the dome for the first time..... I felt like crying tears of joy!! attachicon.gifIMAG0570.jpg

You are magnificent. You got me weepy with joy for you.

@@Valentina -- Planning a 'Rosie Ruiz' to cheat the zipline? You of all people! I am shocked and incredulous.

My sister lives in Chattanooga and two years ago she did the hike in for the lodge that is at the top of a mountain with a girlfriend (I can't remember the name). This past year she did it with her husband and kids.

I want to be able to the hike someday.

Yes @@WLSResources/ClothingExch would love your book list! I need some good summer reading and my horizons broadened! :)

I wore a bikini yesterday for the first time in my life - in my backyard / alone / for my eyes only (anyone else would have runaway screaming "My eyes! My Eyes!!".)

>Love it!

Not to hijack this topic, I'll send you a list in a private message. @@Daisee68, I'm guessing your "like" means you'd also like the list, so I'll send it to you, too. Anyone else interested, just let me know.

Saw the dome for the first time..... I felt like crying tears of joy!! attachicon.gifIMAG0570.jpg

@@Valentina -- Planning a 'Rosie Ruiz' to cheat the zipline? You of all people! I am shocked and incredulous.

Did I mentioned that I'm terrified of heights???? :) Maybe we can find a zip line that is close to the ground??? Here I thought all of these years that my daughters loved me...

I want to go horse back riding again, haven't been since I was 19. Last time I tried I couldn't pull myself up in the saddle anymore and due to my weight it kept sliding down the side of the horse dispite the straps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

I want to go horse back riding again, haven't been since I was 19. Last time I tried I couldn't pull myself up in the saddle anymore and due to my weight it kept sliding down the side of the horse dispite the straps

I wanna do that too! Haven't been since my early 20's. I was heavy but I was stronger.

Good things come to good people.

This is awesome. If I ever wear a bikini it will also be the first time (except for one time I wore one at home in the wooded backyard by myself to work on my tan many, many years ago).

Just remember, ISG----it has to be an "itsy bitsy, teeny, weeny, yellow, polka dotted bikini". You've earned it! :)

For me?

After my skin surgery, I am going zip lining with my daughters. I still can't believe that they have talked me into thinking that zip lining is my "reward" for my WLS journey. I begin to think there's "shenanigans" afloat! But, I'm looking forward to the adventure of it with my grown daughters.

PS: Did I mention that I am terrified of heights? Oh my...

I want to do the same thing. I am more scared of falling because something cannot support me than of the heights themselves. In fact, I crawled across a suspension bridge once just to say I did it. Ugh! There is a zip line location outside of Austin that runs in the evening. I think it will help (with limited visibility) to accomplish the goal. Enjoy the blessings of your new life. Every new experience adds up to life participation instead of spectatorship. You are worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I just bought my first bikini too! Granted, it's high waisted because I've got some loose skin that I don't like to look at, but still! I'm breaking it in tomorrow, and hoping I don't want to crawl into a hole once I'm out in public!

I just saw your before and after pictures in your profile. You have nothing to worry about!

I just bought my first bikini too! Granted, it's high waisted because I've got some loose skin that I don't like to look at, but still! I'm breaking it in tomorrow, and hoping I don't want to crawl into a hole once I'm out in public!

I just saw your before and after pictures in your profile. You have nothing to worry about!
Haha, well those are with my clothes on! I actually finally just updated those today. But thank you. I wore it today, and wasn't too terribly self conscious!

Edited by ttdish

I'm highly allergic to horses!!! It sucks! ????????

I'm highly allergic to horses!!! It sucks! ????????
Oh that sucks, I'm so sorry!! Why is it ppl are allergic to the best things in life ... chocolate, Peanut Butter, oranges, and animals

I am weight training at 46. I love what it is doing for my health. It is now a part of my lifestyle.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

There's a zip line near me in St. Augustine Florida......it's pretty close to the ground.....However, it goes over the Florida Alligator Farm/zoo........LOL....for me I think this one would be a little better being a little higher...hahaha

>>Love it!

lockquote>

> Saw the dome for the first time..... I felt like crying tears of joy!! attachicon.gifIMAG0570.jpg

Did I mentioned that I'm terrified of heights???? :) Maybe we can find a zip line that is close to the ground??? Here I thought all of these years that my daughters loved me...

Edited by kmorri