Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post op. Today was my first day back at work. Totally sucked. I am on soft foods. About 6 small protien dense meals a day. It was hard to do at work. I'm totaly stressed about all this and don't even want to deal with work....I am a prison guard btw. .....surrounded by a-holes....the inmates are a-holes too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

But you are doing better than you were before ? Patience :] everything will work out well.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That is a tough job to start back on - do you work 8 hour or longer shifts? .....I am going back next week after 2 weeks off - I will just be on pureed and I hope I can tolerate

Sent from my SM-T530NU using the BariatricPal App

ah, I was wondering how you were doing with the soft foods!

I think figuring out how to fit our new dietary needs into our work lifestyles is one of the hardest things, it's like learning a new dance routine. Some days when they want me on the front desk (where we can't eat) it has been a challenge - it took me a while to figure out a routine that worked for me and so I hope, and trust that you will also find a routine that works for you.

I do have to pack all my food and drink for the day, except dinner unless I am the late person in the morning and dole it out as I can to make sure I meet my needs. it's a challenge for sure.

That is a tough job to start back on - do you work 8 hour or longer shifts? .....I am going back next week after 2 weeks off - I will just be on pureed and I hope I can tolerate

Usually 8. Sometimes longer. Just gets busy and remembering to eat is tough. This whole ordeal has stressed me and work just adds to it.

But you are doing better than you were before ? Patience :] everything will work out well.

Better in what way?

You were highly frustrated and somewhat at wits end originally. Correct?

I guess the best we can do is take it day by day - plan for meals and try to not let the a- holes not get you down . Are you exercising too ?

Better in what way?

You were highly frustrated and somewhat at wits end originally. Correct?

Oh yes. Sorry. Didn't know what you were referring to. Yes I am doing better as far as that. But now the added stress of work I feel I'm going backwards.

I guess the best we can do is take it day by day - plan for meals and try to not let the a- holes not get you down . Are you exercising too ?

Not exercising yet. Still too early. I'm actually not sure when I can start. I'll have to double check with dr. I think they told me but I can't remember.

I am at the gym walking on the treadmill - doing about 3 miles in a hour- but no other exercise -- - check with your team. Maybe when you are ready, the exercise might reduce some stress

I am at the gym walking on the treadmill - doing about 3 miles in a hour- but no other exercise -- - check with your team. Maybe when you are ready, the exercise might reduce some stress

How far post op are you? I know I can walk and should..I just feel tired...probably mix of healing and some lingering depression.

A week post op. I find I need to do the walking / I feel better after ( definitely a struggle ) . Helps my tire myself physically but also clears my head ( so good mentally too). Do you have people you can talk to ( besides the BP forum?).

A week post op. I find I need to do the walking / I feel better after ( definitely a struggle ) . Helps my tire myself physically but also clears my head ( so good mentally too). Do you have people you can talk to ( besides the BP forum?).

Yea, I just really havent. Maybe I should