Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily food intake week 5 gastric bypass

Guest sydneyjonno
Sign in to follow this  

Guest sydneyjonno

Hi all,

Just wondering what bypass peeps are eating 5 weeks out. Not sure if there is a thread / topic already.

I know we each follow our doctors / nut's plans / advice but just wondered what people are doing and looking to share dietary plans / advice.

My WLS journey was Band, Band to Sleeve, then Sleeve to Bypass. (Yep 3 ops!).

Pre band weight - 136kg

Weight at last revision (Bypass) on the 10th May 2016 - 103kg

Weight today - 94.9kg

Goal weight - 80kg

Here's what I'm having each day this week :

630am - I have a 250ml glass of Water and my Multivitamin liquid, Biotin liquid, sublingual B12.< /p>

0730am - (On the way to work) 2 x calci-chews with vit D and a coffee (250ml) with fat free added Calcium milk and a stevia for sweetener.

1000am - At work around 10am I'll have 1 scrambled egg with a low fat slice of cheese in it (can do it in the microwave).

12pm - I'll have a super greens type drink (500ml) with chia seeds and konjac root powder added to thicken it a little and maybe a little flavour free Protein Powder.< /p>

2pm - Pre made portion of pureed chicken breast with veggies (200ml)

Then just water / tea / coffee until I'm home. A couple of coloxyl and Senna laxative tablets if I need them.

6pm - Another pre made pureed chicken breast with veggies (200ml)

8pm - Half an Optifast lemon water desert (love them!) with sugar free jelly. (200ml)

Then just tea and water until bed time. Might chuck a bit of benefibre in if I feel like it.

Sometimes if I'm hungry anywhere in between the above I'll add up to 1 Protein shake / optifast Soup with konjac root powder to thicken a little.

I find adding a small amount of the konjac root powder, just thickens liquidy type drinks ever so slightly increase my satiety.

Also I'm 8 weeks of the cigarettes and no booze for ages :-( lol.

I'm planning on a glass of wine or maybe 2 as a treat when I get to 90kg though :-)

Does anyone else use Konjac root?

Looking forward to your replies :-)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by sydneyjonno

After surgery the three most important requirements are meeting your daily Protein, Fluid and Vitamin requirements. food is secondary because your body is converting your stored fats into the energy that drives your body. Thus you lose weight. Weight loss is achieved by meal volume control. So just stick with the guidelines. In a month or so your will begin to have some options. I found that softer foods such as chili and Soups went down easier than harder foods such as steak. I have wrote about my experience with RNY gastric bypass surgery and included some recipes at the end. Here is a link. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf

Guest sydneyjonno

Thanks James, wonderful information on your link. I've just had a stall for a couple of weeks so dropped a Protein shake and added the small egg/cheese at Breakfast and reduced the Protein a little. Next stall I might swap the egg and cheese back to a Protein Drink and change the exercise up a bit. It's so funny how results, progressions, stalls, how to break a stall are so widely different for everyone. I think just have to follow your own Docs / Nuts orders then when you stall, ride it out for a while then try what others do and see what works with you. Shows you we are all unique

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App