Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Slippage

I am having surgery for a slipped band on 8/28/07 and was wondering if anyone has every had to go through this.

Is the surgery just like having a new band put in. Will the pain be the same and do you do the same diet?

I have not had my appt with doctor yet to ask these questions.

Have you lost weight since being re-banded?

Thanks.

I know that this is a little off, but how did you know that your band had slipped? I was banded 7/31/07 and shamefully started eating regularly 4-5 days post-Op.

~Jennifer

Well I guess I was in denial for months but I started vomiting a lot with each meal I ate. Last week I ate 1/2 an apple with peel on and got soooo sick I thought I would die. It took about 2 hours for pain to go away after many trips to bathroom. I called the doctor because I was scared and he did an Endoscopy (sp?) and discovered the slip. Since then I have not eaten much and I am still in pain.

Can't wait until the 28th.

I have not been the best bandster. I sabatoged myself from the beginning by not following the rules. I will this time. Now I know the consquences.:cry

I am having surgery for a slipped band on 8/28/07 and was wondering if anyone has every had to go through this.

Is the surgery just like having a new band put in. Will the pain be the same and do you do the same diet?

I have not had my appt with doctor yet to ask these questions.

Have you lost weight since being re-banded?

Thanks.

I am curious about the answer to these questions as well. Let us know how everything turns out - goodluck with everything!

Someone please help me! I am concerned I have a band slip. I have not eaten anything I should not have, still on liquids unless I've loaded up on liquids too quickly. I'm not sure but I think my port in the middle. It looks like a hole is there (as I change out the bandages each day--no the ones from the hospital lasted 1 shower). On my right side, I feel something moving and it is hard to touch when you put your hand on it. My stomach is bloated so much still. It's not painful, just a funny feeling as if something is moving and if I sit it feels like something will "fold" over in that area. I have a appt tomorrow at 9:45 and hope I can hold out until then (without panicking). Has anyone had this feeling? Please advise.

Rumar

I know that this is a little off, but how did you know that your band had slipped? I was banded 7/31/07 and shamefully started eating regularly 4-5 days post-Op.

~Jennifer

Careful about eating too soon. How well you follow the post op diet sets the tone for the life of your band. If you don't follow the post op diet the band can't set in place as well and you risk a slip now or a year from now.

You are playing with fire.

Thank you all for the reassurances. I went to the Dr. today and was told my port is on my right side and that is what I am feeling and to expect some funny sensations until I get used to it (or as I lose more weight, my arm and breast won't hit it). It is very uncomfortable. I find myself bending to the left to avoid it. I lost 11 lbs since Tuesday, 08/21, hurray!!! Next appt 09/26 and at that point will make an appt for my 1st filling!!

Rumar

rumar: Glad to know everything is OK. I too have feelings that everything in my torso is moving around. I also am still somewhat bloated from surgery 2 weeks out & still get gas pains in my lower abdomen mainly in the afternoons / evening. It's amazing how much trapped gas can hurt! I don't feel any sort of "stuck" feeling or restriction at this point but after lunch I do get serious gas pains when I am at limit & they tend to stick around all afternoon & evening. My port & other incisions are still a little tender but mostly when I move or put pressure on them from normal movements. It is a bummer that the gas thing lasts so long!:heh: