Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Preop Diet Journal

Claramae - OMG - chips!!! *drool* You are strong!

I've had this weird Dorito craving for the past few weeks .... must.not.think.about.chips.

Hi Candle,

Your post made me laugh when you described your boyfriend and his metabolism. My husband used to be like that but when he turned 40 he gained about 50 pounds. Its funny though because he has such a strong body image of himself as "thin" that he always makes fun of heavier men and can't really see himself as being fat. His stomach looks like he is 9 months pregnant but when I say something to him about it he gets mad at me. Boy can I relate to that.

That is a good idea about the sugarless candy and gum. It is going to be a very long day tomorrow. Thanks.

Oh and don't feel bad about the broccoli. I did 800 calories today but I broke down and ate a banana. I never thought I would feel so guilty about a "banana".

shelli

Candle---That is my down fall--chips. For some reason, hubby and I were watching a movie and I got this wierd craving for tomatoes--of all things. Strange

Claramae - come on over. I have tomatoes coming out my ears right now. One MAJOR bummer about this liquid diet is my garden just started producing about 2 weeks ago. I have more tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash than I know what to do with! My carrots and watermelon are looking good too. My cantaloupe and peppers were a failure for some reason? I CAN'T ENJOY ANY OF IT ;)

Shelli - I lied a little, my boyfriend has gained about 5-10 lbs in the last year or so. He'll be 37 soon and I think things are starting to catch up to him. He's a big beer drinker though - I keep telling him to switch to lite beer and I bet that tiny tummy will disappear. He's 5'10" about 175lbs ... still pretty thin. He's hyper-active and a drummer in 2 bands so he gets lots of cardio. :heh: I hate him!! :heh:

Do you guys have any kids at home you have to feed? I'm so glad that's one thing I don't have to worry about - I threw out all the Snacks and garbage last week!!

Candle---no kids, thank the Lord. Just hubbie, 4 cats and a dog. Hubbie has gone on liquid diet too. He is way over weight too(sorry hubbie). He will following me in my foot steps. He is great!!!

Claramae – I just noticed where you live. We're hoping the market bounces back in the next year or two so we can get a decent price for our home and then move to Austin. (You are about 2 hours from there?)

I've had it with rude NY'ers, traffic, everything being ridiculously over priced, and most of all ... winter!

Candle---Come on down. We always have room for more. We are about 2 hours from Austin. We live in the country on 20 acres. Have you ever been through a Texas summer; or worse even than that is when we have an ice storm. Have you ever seen Texans drive on ice. Not very pretty.

Have you ever been through a Texas summer

NO! This is one of the reasons my bf supports me getting the band. :heh: I told him no way in hell I am moving to TX at 300lbs - I'll never be able to handle the heat :heh:

We aren't having any kids either. We have a dog and 3 cats!!! We were at the same count as you but we lost a 16 year old kitty about 3 months ago (it was sooooo sad but it was her time). I could make another pet with the amount of hair I sweep up in a day!!

We adopted the dog in Feb - she's supposed to be my tread mill. :heh:

Candle--can you believe I just went into the kitchen to make a CUP OF BROTH and I caught hubbie eating chips!!!!! OMG

No kids at home right now! Candle can you believe I have a 31 year old son. Yup its true. I don't feel old enough to have a child that old. He just relocated to Phoenix and works for Charles Schwab.;) I miss him but I know it is for the best. No lady yet so if you have any single friends in Phoenix let me know. We can hook em up. I want grandkids someday. Well maybe in my sixties. I am in no rush if you know what I mean.:lol:

Also, have a very sweet yellow lab named Jenny. She is 13 years old and has diabetes. I have to give her injections of insulin twice per day. She is my angel. No cats anymore.

Claramae, we live in the country too although we only have 2 acres. We are restoring a 120 year old home and I love antiques, etc. Tell your husband to take those chips and put them out in his car/truck. Those are just too hard to resist:rolleyes

Are ya'll getting nervous at all. This afternoon I actually thought to myself that I might back out even though I know I can't.

shelli:help:

shellie---No way in heck will I back out. This is kind of a do now or never for me. When is your date. I know you told me, but I forgot. Mine is the 27th of August. Oh, I told hubbie to put the chips somewhere else(if you know what I mean) and it was not his truck.

shellie---No way in heck will I back out. This is kind of a do now or never for me. When is your date. I know you told me, but I forgot. Mine is the 27th of August. Oh, I told hubbie to put the chips somewhere else(if you know what I mean) and it was not his truck.

My date is August 27th, too. Do you know what time your surgery is yet? Candle is August 27th, too. Right???

Where you told your husband to put those chips is soooooooooooooo funny because that's what I was thinking but being the lady(ha ha) I just couldn't write that.:eyebrows: :biggrin1:

If you are both on a liquid diet - get those chips right out of the house!!!!

I just realized we are all on for 8/27/07!!!! That's so cool. Let's hope that's going to be an amazing anniversary to remember each year as the day that our lives changed!

I had a kitty with diabetes years ago - I lost him right as we were starting the insulin routine. I wasn't able to get him to eat enough (he was so far gone at this point) to get him on a schedule. He went into a coma one night and there was nothing they could do. It was very sad.

Since I live on Long Island - there's no country here. I'm a country girl from CT and having a postage stamp size yard has been an adjustment for me. I moved to NY for my boyfriend - we were long distance for awhile and it was just getting too hard.

We bought an old Victorian that we are restoring as well. It was built in 1871. It wasn't completely run down, so I don't know if "restore" is the correct word but the last owner was here for 7 years and the person before for 5 - I don't think either really did any maintenance and definitely no upgrades. I'm a little worried I'm going to get too attached to this house and not want to sell it. The blood, sweat, and tears I’ve put into the landscaping alone … :phanvan

Yes we sure will. We will be bandster buddies for life now. I just talked to one of my friends who is being banded on Monday and she isn't scheduled until 11 a.m. and they told her that if the surgeries run late that she could wait until 5 p.m. that day to be banded. She is a little - no alot upset about that.;)

Do you know if your surgeon will have you spend the night or can you go home the same day? Do you have a lot of co-morbidities?