Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Preop Diet Journal

Nana, see I still don't know why some Dr's only let you have liquids and some let you do calories. I will be banded on Monday 8/20. You are right, this is soooo hard. Thanks for the information.

Good question, ADMO, and I don't have the answer. I just looked at it the liquids was going to get me used to not chewing and help me be in a different frame of mind post-op.

I am on the 2 week liquid diet that I have been complaining about. I started Monday and I have lost 7.8 pounds!!!!! Ten days to go for the surgery. I am determined to do this as per Dr. Bryce's instructions. God help us all!!! We can do this.

Day 2 hasn't been so easy for me. All I can think of is a cheeseburger :heh:

Hang in there Candle because Day 3 gets better if you can Hang Tuff on Day 2. I am on Day 3 today and it is getting better. I put a tsp. of vanilla in my Carnation shake and it was much more palatable.

My mother-in-law died this morning after living 2 years in a nursing home after a massive stroke and all the relatives sat around and ate pulled pork sandwiches and cantaloupe for lunch while they reminisced. (sp) I reached for a piece of cantaloupe and then I said wait a minute I am on liquids only. I made it thru that lunch and came home and had broth and a Protein shake and I am feeling real good about myself right now. The viewing and funeral are on Sunday and Monday and it will be harder on those days but we just gotta hang in there - okay?

Take care,

Michelle:ranger:

Hey Shelli16415---you and I are on the same misery path together. We also share the same date. I started my liquids on Monday. I can have the Protein shakes; I put a drop of vanilla extract in mine and they taste better. I can have broth, yogart, cream Soups, like tomato; thank goodness I like Tomato Soup. I lost 5.2 pounds by Wednesday. Just take it a day at a time. Think that the end result will be a slim and healthy you. You can do it. Hang in there.

Yes misery loves company but thank you so much for the kind words. Day 3 seems to be going better for me. My stomach isn't churning so much and I am more optimistic. I lost 6.5 pounds since beginning this on Tuesday. Thanks for the encouragement!:ranger::D

Day 3 completed with 674 calories of liquids. I'm going to bed now!

shelli:notagree

Good Morning to all liquid preop dieters! Today is Day 4 and I am down 8 pounds! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whoo:

Leaving for preop fasting bloodwork! That will be easy this time - lol. No food or coffee until I get back home!;)

Everyone have the best day possible!!!

Candle, you are on Day 3 right? How do you feel today? My thoughts are with you!

shelli:ranger:

Shelli---I am sorry to hear about your mother in law. This can be a very stressful time, as you well know by now. When I was on day 3 of my liquid diet, some friends stopped by and I got out stuff for lunch; turkey, ham, cheese, etc and worst of all THE CHIPS!!!!!!!! Can you believe that my hand kept reaching out automatic for a chip. It was unreal, but I resisted. Again, I am sorry about your family's loss.

Shelli---I am sorry to hear about your mother in law. This can be a very stressful time, as you well know by now. When I was on day 3 of my liquid diet, some friends stopped by and I got out stuff for lunch; turkey, ham, cheese, etc and worst of all THE chips!!!!!!!! Can you believe that my hand kept reaching out automatic for a chip. It was unreal, but I resisted. Again, I am sorry about your family's loss.

Hi Claramae,

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. The viewing is tomorrow afternoon and evening and I just hope I have enough strength to stand there and greet people. Did you find you were more tired during this phase? I have no energy at all right now. I am proud of you for resisting those chips. Hang Tuff! What day are you on?

shelli:girl_hug:

Candle, you are on Day 3 right? How do you feel today? My thoughts are with you!

Today went really really well!! I just updated my fitday journal and it added up to 930 calories! (My limit is 1200) It helps that we didn't get up until 11:00 this morning, so half the day was over - :heh:

I helped my boyfriend make his dinner tonight and ate 3 small pieces of broccoli. I was testing to see if it was done. It felt good to CHEW :heh: I don't feel guilty because well ... it was BROCCOLI! And I'm not technically supposed to be on a liquid diet until Monday.

I don't know how people with families that they have to cook for them every night do this? I told my boyfriend we will be eating separate meals for awhile - until I'm adjusted. I'm trying to help him learn to "cook" so he doesn't revert back to a diet of Taco Bell, BP&J, and mac & cheese. Like before we moved in together. I'm very resentful of his metabolism ... that jerk can eat and eat and eat and never gains any weight!!! :heh:

We also walked the dog for 45 minutes. (I skipped yesterday because it was raining)

Michelle - My thoughts are with you right now! Maybe bring some sugar free hard candy or gum with you so you aren't as tempted to mindlessly eat anything at the services.