Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Preop Diet Journal

Candle-

I thought the same thing about the ice cream (sugar free and low fat), and lack of protien. I did see a nutritionist, who gave me the same exact list. I am going to call the doctor for the hundredth time and double check.

Did they give you daily targets for calories, Protein, fat, and carbs?

I'd just modify the diet myself, as long as you are within those targets.

I'm not doing the exact diet they proprosed - I'm not even drinking the specific shakes they wanted me to buy. I spent $80 on powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury shakes and if I'd ordered the Medifast (which I think my nutritionist gets a spiff for $$$ ) it would have been over $500!!!! Plus the Injury has more Protein.

1 week from today .... :faint:

They did not give me goals for calories and Protein, etc., just a list of foods I can eat. I called the doctor and they told me I can drink the Protein Shakes until I go on Clear Liquids on Saturday. I think I need to put in a call to the nutritionist and talk to her about all of this...I don't know why my menu is so different than everyone else's. It's a little unsettling!

I went and bought ON (Optimum Nutrition) shakes on the advice of my nutritionist for after the surgery. You can get it at GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe. They are not delicious, but not awful. It was about $35 for a big canister with about 33 servings.

Thanks for your help!

I wouldn't be too concerned about comparing your diet to anyone else's - every doctor seems to do something completely different. Some don't even require a pre-op diet!

By no means am *I* an expert - just make sure you are getting the proper nutrition and nutrients so you are as strong as you can be when you go in for surgery. :car:

I was thinking about you yesterday, Shelli.

How's everything going?

Candle

Finally found the time to post! The last two days have been very busy, very sad and just a whirlwind of emotions. I did not even have time to post my Day 6 journal notes and today is Day 7. I lost 3 more pounds which brings my total to 11 pounds in a week as tomorrow is Day 8. I have tried to stay within the guidelines and have been very successful even with the funeral, the lunch after, and being away from my home all day today helping sort thru her personal affects. I actually feel pretty good! I haven't had any food cravings or felt tired or dizzy.

How is everything going for you today, Candle? Hope all is well and you are having success!

shelli:ranger:

Hey Shelli--This is Clara. Been thinking about you and all that you are going through now. I am proud of you for staying on the program. I have lost 10 pounds. I cannot wait for the 27th to get here and over with. What time is your surgery. Mine is 8 a.m. Glad to see u are ok.

Hi Candle, I am in NY also. I am going to the seminar on Thursday. The doctor I chose is Dr. Vohra in Hewlett. My friends son in law recommended him. I wish you all the best on your upcoming surgery!

Thanks Alfie - Hopefully you find the seminar informative. My doctor has a few people speak that have been successful with the band. I liked hearing from them.

I've lost 7.5lbs - I'm on day 7. I didn't weigh myself yesterday but I was a little bummed this morning to find I'd only lost 1/2 pound between Mon and today. I'm chalking it all up to too much sodium. (I’m becoming scale obsessed – I told my boyfriend he may have to hide it from if this keeps up. I always do this while dieting :phanvan )

I was on the run a lot yesterday and drank 2 V8's and had a Progresso Soup last night. All 3 were really high in sodium and I didn't drink as Water as I would have liked.

I also didn't walk the dog last night because it's been raining here.

BUT - I've been sticking the diet and very proud of myself!!

My surgery is scheduled for 7:15 on Monday but that's not written in stone until they finalize the schedule on Friday. I had my pre-surgery testing yesterday. I had to pee in a cup, they drew blood, I had a physical exam, and met with the anesthesiologist. I see my PCP today at 2:00 to review the tests and get final clearance for surgery. (I don't really see why I have to take time off work and pay ANOTHER $30.00 co-pay ;) for her to just sign a form but ... what ever!!)

I'm grumpy today :biggrin1:

Thats great candle. I wish you all the best on your surgery.

I hope that you can have the surgery on the day you are expecting. I know that can be diappointing.

I named the doctor that I am using but actually, I am still waiting for his office to call me for the appt and it would be his associate that takes Aetna. Also, I have an appointment for Sept 17 with another LI doctor, Shawn Gerber's associate which I will cancel if the other doctor calls me back :>

Hey Shelli--This is Clara. Been thinking about you and all that you are going through now. I am proud of you for staying on the program. I have lost 10 pounds. I cannot wait for the 27th to get here and over with. What time is your surgery. Mine is 8 a.m. Glad to see u are ok.

Hi Claramae,

I have been thinking of you alot too. Thank you for checking in with me. Your weight loss is fantastic. WhoooHoooooooooooooooo!! I got weighed this morning and I am up to 12 pounds:clap2: weight loss. I am so happy and starting to feel so much better. I tried on a pair of slacks today that didn't fit in the beginning of the summer and they slipped right on and I wore them shopping today. A bunch of us went to Longhorn's Steak House for lunch - the Soup of the day was chicken Noodle - I asked just for the broth from it :hungry: and did real good all day today! I think this is Day 8 for me. All we have left is 4 more days! ;)

I won't know what time my surgery is until Friday afternoon but it sounds like you and Candle are scheduled early in the day.;) After surgery how many weeks do you have to stay on liquids??? I haven't had time to check out the blogs yet but I will soon. Take care,

Michelle:ranger:

Day 8 is over - I am tired and going to bed now! :notagree Hope to hear from ya'll tomorrow. sleep well.

shelli

Good morning ladies!

I was right about the sodium and retaining Water - I am now down 9lbs :whoo:

That's so awesome about the pants, Shelli! I have a dress that I LOVE that I wore to a wedding about 3 years ago. It was at the time of my last "real" weight loss - about 35lbs. I had since gained that back, plus 10.

When that dress fits me again, I will feel pretty successful.

Did you take some before pics? I had my boyfriend take some last week – I HATE them :tired

Claramae - how is your sister doing?

Good Morning Candle! Good Morning Claramae!

Candle - 9 pounds - WOW that is fantastic!!! Keep doing what your doing because its working! You are doing great! How are you feeling? I am starting to feel really really good! Even my one knee is feeling better! Is it raining today in New York? It is just pouring here like and cats and dogs.

Claramae - how are you doing? I hope your sister is feeling a little better today and I know that adds alot more stress to your life. Hang in there okay?

Yes I have plenty of before pictures. Ugh.

Everyone have a good day today - okay? Keep on drinking those liquids.< /p>

Michelle:rain:

Insurance has been approved!!!!! Went to hospital for pre-opt today and was ready to pay. They called insurance and God thank you; it was just approved yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can get that new carpet!!!!:clap2::):heh::glasses