Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would guess you are either sensitive to the lactose or artificial sweetner.

If you were a high junk food eater..It could also be that your body is purging all the gunk out of your system now that you are eating better.

I am the opposite... i eat quite clean... i am not big on artificial anything... i like my food as close to the way nature intended.. but if i do eat processed food... i break out in blind pimples... but as soon as i stop.. my skin clears right up.

Maybe try a different brand. .. check the ingredients... that might give you a clue.

Do you have issues with normal milk?

Edited by AussieGirl81

Toothpaste on them dries then right out... Otherwise a trip to the dermatologist might be in order.

You might also try adding lemon to your Water, it suppose to help detox the skin.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

Edited by nyteacher125

windex? :P

I don't currently have acne but in my 30s I went through a bout of it and the only thing that helped me was this product

http://www.amazon.com/bareMinerals-Transformation-Clear-Night-Treatment/dp/B004OY9B4E except I didn't use the clear I used the light. I didn't buy from Amazon, that is just a handy link to show you the product.

have you been loosing weight on this diet? weight loss can throw your hormones out of whack.

You can also use tea tree oil. It helps kill the bacteria as well as dries them out. Just be sure not to apply it with your fingers because the bacteria on your hands can make it worse.

My dermatologist told me that whey Protein frequently exacerbates acne in those who are prone to it, and can even cause breakouts in people who've previously had clear skin. Dairy products can also worsen hormonal acne in some people, so using milk as your base can compound the risk of a breakout. Fortunately, for me I can use milk, kefir, and yogurt in shakes without fearing an eruption on my face, but it's definitely something to be mindful about.

This helps to explain some of the reasons for why whey Protein can lead to acne: http://www.acneeinstein.com/whey-protein-acne/

I've had better luck with plant-based Protein Shakes rather than whey. I also loved GENEPRO. It's a Protein powder that has been heavily criticized on this forum for it's "too good to be true" claims about having 30 grams of protein for a small serving of easily dissolvable, tasteless and odorless powder, and for being so processed, but it's been fantastic for me. I used it for four months without experiencing any ill effects. I only stopped using it because I was getting adequate protein from food sources once I was fully healed. My husband is a physician, and a friend of his who is an oncologist told him that some of his patients going through chemotherapy have sores in their mouth that make eating difficult, so they have used GENEPRO as a supplement to add in more protein to their diet. He approves of it, which made me feel a bit more confident. It's definitely not an ideal food source, or something to make as a staple for your diet, but it can be useful as a supplement when your options are more limited. It can be added to broths, hot and cold drinks, and various foods.

If you look on YouTube you can find videos by a bariatric surgeon named Dr. Matthew Weiner who advocates what he calls a "set point smoothie." It's made of high-protein, low-carb Greek yogurt (such as Fage), frozen fruit, and kale or spinach. It's a bit too much for immediately post-surgery, but a week or two down the road you should be ready for it. He encourages his patients to only consume protein powders in the first few months post-surgery when they cannot yet eat better, more natural sources of protein.

Vitamins and supplements can also cause breakouts. I took Biotin a couple of years ago when I was regretting a hair cut and hoping for more rapid growth, and ended up with a war zone on my face because of it. I have PCOS and am very sensitive. Excessive B-12 also lead to painful breakouts. I do not take an additional B-12 supplement because of that, but do take a Multivitamin that has it in a smaller quantity. The Vitamins I've responded to the best are Garden of Life's Vitamin Code Multi-Vitamin for Women, and Flintstones with Iron (one or the other, not both).

As for topical treatments, my esthetician I see for monthly facials (and can recommend to you if you happen to live in LA) as well as my dermatologist recommended La Roche Posay's products, and specifically their Effaclar System. It's usually $29 for the set, which includes a face wash, clarifying solution, and treatment, but I spotted it at CVS earlier this week for $19. If you buy it, start off slowly because it can lead to peeling if you use it too often. I wash my face with the cleanser at night, and use the solution a couple of times a week. I put a very thin layer of the treatment on spots when needed. In the morning I either use Lush's Let the Good Times Roll, or simply rose Water. This routine has definitely helped my skin. My dermatologist told me to stay away from any anti-aging products because they are way too heavy for my skin. I turned 30 last year and freaked out about it, and went overboard on products. He said that Water is my best anti-aging "product." It's true that any wrinkles I have go away once I've gotten properly hydrated. If you're older, that might not be the case, but regardless of age water can help to improve your skin's clarity and tone.

You might also want to be careful about any laundry detergents, shampoos, conditioners, and toothpaste you use because fragrances and ingredients like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate can trigger acne in some people. I use Seventh Generation's fragrance-free detergent for sensitive skin, and no fabric softener (white vinegar works just as well, and doesn't cause your clothes to smell like you might think it would), and I change my pillowcases three times a week. I stick with SLS-free toothpaste that doesn't have whitening ingredients (Tom's has one), and SLS-free Shampoo and conditioner (Loreal has a good line).

Best wishes to you!