Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery postponed until 12/15 -- Bummer

This afternoon I got a call from surgeon's office letting me know that all surgeries for tomorrow have been cancelled due to a death in the immediate family of the Proctor coming in to work with surgeons. They are changing over to the new type of band with inflatable sections/balloons and need to learn from a Proctor. So, they reset me for 12/15. I am disappointed as emotionally and logistically I was all set and things arranged at work, home, etc. Of course, I am sorry for his family and their loss. I just finished the two week diet and drank this horrible drink this afternoon to clean me out, I guess I will just continue the prep diet until the 15th. I am down 13 pounds and maybe it will afford me the chance to lose more before the surgery. Like Pollyanna, I am trying to think of something to be glad about...still trying... okay I will move on now. I am bummed.

So, now Ryan, I guess I am not a November Band sister to you, unless our Mom was in a very long labor ...like 2 weeks. HA.

Best wishes to all. Happy December!!!!

I'm sorry to hear this Theresa. It's really tough to get all psyched up just to be let down. :D It'll happen in due time, though and you'll be even more prepared. Keep us posted!

So, now Ryan, I guess I am not a November Band sister to you, unless our Mom was in a very long labor ...like 2 weeks. HA.

Well, wasn't Mom a trooper? Imagine, she was in labor for two weeks and didn't utter a word of complaint.

Just as it binds our physical bodies to keep us from doing ourselves more harm, so does it bind all who wear it, or are about to wear it into a brotherhood. The brother hood of the band. So, mere time will never make us less sibling than ever. You ARE my band sister, now and always. I will whisper a prayer for you, Sis, into the darkness tonight. All will be well. It will be worth the wait. Wait but a few heartbeats more, a few more shallow breaths, and you shall be on your way. We await you, a family you never knew you had. We shall travel together.

It is worth the wait. I cannot begin to tell you the positive feelings you will have once banded. This only happened now, because it NEEDED to happen now, and just this way. Take heart, and have faith, your banding journey is unfolding as it should.

sighs.... I'm gonna see if I can pay Patti for some of Ryan's time, just so he can utter such sweet words of encouragement in my ear from time to time.. lol.

Whattya wanna hear? I can only hope to pay forward the wonderful encouragement you have given to me the last few months. If I'm not mistaken it was the wise and kind Leatha g who lifted me back up from the pits of despair, on more than one occassion. And many others have done the same for me, and for the others here. All of you are my band sisters and brothers, and proud I am to say so.

By getting banded you saved one life, your own, and by sharing so candidly and openly here you've perhaps saved many more. You, too, are my band sister, from the time when I stood afraid on the other shore, to now, a novice in this new world of chew chew chew, drink drink drink. Your wisdom and knowledge do not go unnoticed, your thoughtful posts, and good nature help make this a wonderful place to be. And you are in good company with the likes of all the others who post here. Why else would I make this my first cyber destination after a double shift?

Theresa Marie, so sorry you got postponed. But that's the key word, "postponed", not cancelled! Believe it or not, that time will pass pretty quickly! Start getting your old clothes out and sort out in sizes, wear your favorites right now, and you'll be zipping through those in no time. Just think of this as a predrill, and now you're ready for the "real thing"! (((Hugs)))

As the old saying goes, (which is what everyone told me after my date was switched from Nov 18 to Dec 6), it must be for a reason! That saying really doesn't make it any better dealing with the disappointment. I could be well on my way by now, but instead I'm still waiting.

At least you got a reason for the delay, I was just told the proctor couldn't make it that day and given a new date...by the way, I'll be the 1st adj band for my doctor.

Good Luck... it will be here before you know it, just think of all those extra meals, lol.

Theresa Marie, I am sorry for the delay! I know how frustrated you must feel, but hang in there. The 15th is not too far away and will be here before you know it!!

Did your dr say why they are switching to the new band and is it the 10cc? You may want to take a look at my post about the 10cc band, so you will know what to expect.

Theresa like Marie said Postponed NOT cancelled..you have the right attitude, just keep doing what you are doing and it will be here in no time! I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, even though we may never know the reason...Hang in there :D

So sorry Theresa Marie... I can only imagine how disappointed I would have been if my surgery date would have been delayed! Hang in there... (((hugs)))

Darcy

Theresa Marie

Keep your chin up the time will pass quickly and before you know it you will be in Bandland.

Mary E

That sucks! I guess the upside is that you won't be eating any of the Christmas goodies! Hope the time goes fast and your attitude stays as positive as it is. I admire you for trying to make the best of it. :D

Maybe you could go ahead and begin with the exercising to strengthen your muscles before banding. It sure helps if you can do more of the lifting than the nurses.

12-15 is only 2 weeks away.:D