Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

48 hours afterwards. Was it a mistake?

Why don't you call the doctor and see if he could arrange for a home health aide or visiting nurse... Guess your daughter didn't step up?

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

I live alone and have no help so things are much harder I suppose. But right now, I wish I could turn back the clock x

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ask for help. You must have a friend or family member that will give you a hand. Don't hesitate to ask someone!

I am a mess. Home from hospital now but struggling. So many meds to take. Such a struggle to get the fluids in.

Tell me it gets better, please!

No, not a mistake. I'm 3 weeks out and feeling great. The first 2 weeks were tough because of pain and starvation pains. Once I went into the 3rd week, I feel pain free and not starving anymore. Hang in there!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using the BariatricPal App

I think the previous suggestion to ask your doctor to arrange some home health care is excellent if your alone. Most insurance companies cover it. Keep us updated:)

I am in the UK and things are different here. My daughter currently has the flu so can't help. I have an open drain wound, bandaged. I have had some sleep now which I really needed but I am worried about being so shaky. I was much better yesterday than I am today.

@ginacampbell... I think one of your post mention being disabled, in most countries that would mean you have a social worker, case worker or similar idea but may go by a different name in UK... Please reach out to them, it's very possible they can get you short term home care...

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

I am a mess. Home from hospital now but struggling. So many meds to take. Such a struggle to get the fluids in.

Tell me it gets better, please!

It gets better!

Get out a pen and paper and make a schedule for the day for when to take your meds, supplements, etc. And set short-term fluid/protein targets throughout the day.

I'm also 48 hours post-op. My biggest complaint is that my back is sore from all the sitting/laying down. Any suggestions to see the discomfort?

That was my worst too! Couldn't wait to get out of the hospital and the uncomfortable bed!

Try a heating pad!!!

Getting some good sleep at night which I am grateful for. Open wound looks stable, changed bandage.

I have no available care help but I do have phone friends who prayed with me for healing.

I got more Water in but no calories to speak of. I will do an online order for some Soups and yoghurts tomorrow.

Thanks for your support!

@@GinaCampbell,

Congratulations on your surgery!

You’re at the lowest point in your journey, at least if you’re like most other sleeve patients! You’re in pain from surgery, you’re probably dehydrated, you can’t eat, you’re miserable…is it any wonder that you’re second-guessing your decision?

So, as you requested, I will tell you that it gets better from here! It really does. You will heal, sipping on fluids won’t be so much of a chore, and taking meds won’t be a big deal.

At this point, do what you can to follow doctor’s orders: drink, drink, drink! It is so important to stay hydrated. If you get dehydrated, your recovery will be so much longer and more painful. The same goes with protein: do your best to hit your goals.

Good luck, and hang in there!

I really do appreciate the support. I am not even allowed to shower yet so yes, I know it's early days. I didn't factor in the fibromyalgia enough, the having no help enough. I thought I would just make up diet shakes or milky drinks etc. I can't tolerate milk so that plan tanked. I am not body hungry so that's not a problem. I just feel so much more weak than I ever could have fathomed. I didn't realise how much of my days revolved around food either. I know that the meds are just for now. And even some of the Vitamins.

I am sorry I am not all rainbows and unicorns. Other people seem to have sailed through this.

I second @@Inner Surfer Girl 's recommendation: Plan your day -- and everything you're going to do re hydration, Protein, medication, supplements.

That's your full-time job right now -- sipping and sipping and sipping. Because it really is a full-time job to stay hydrated and to heal after this very major surgery.

Best to you. And yes, this does get easier. A lot easier and really rather suddenly. :)

So this is my controlling nature kicking in...

I bought one of those ginormous pill things that only people who are 793 years old use. You know, it has compartments for every hour of every day of the week? I rationed out my pills in it so I took them in the correct order and it kept me on track completely. That, alone,too a huge amount of stress off my back.

I also bought a costco pack of small 4oz. Dixie cups and I lined them up on the counter, 16 in total for 64 oz of Fluid. My goal was to finish one every 30 minutes. If I was going out, I carried a Water bottle of Fluid and put the corresponding number of cups away after I finished that bottle.

Organization and taking control of the situation manages mental chaos. :D