Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! I'm completely new to this whole online support group thing, but I've heard really good things...so hear I am. :blush:

I was just banded yesterday 8-14-07. I pursued being banded for about a year before actually having it done. I was approved in the fall of 2006, but the facility I was working with closed. So, on I moved to a new doctor and new program. At that point, my insurance (for some odd reason) denied me after I had been approved the first time. We fought through it and stayed as optimistic as we could. I was finally approved in early July.

My doctor was Amir Heydari out of Crystal Lake, IL. The program is hosted through Centegra Medical Center in Woodstock. Dr. Heydari is so easy to talk to, and a very mellow man. And I can't say enough good things about the program. They make sure you get very thorough nutrition education (roughly 8 hours of classes), and you also get one on one time with the nutritionist and the bariatric nurse. I really felt like part of a family within the program.

So...here I am, banded 1 day so far. I'm pretty sore, especially at my port incision...but I'm powering through it. I was really nervous that the pain meds would me sick, so I'm not taking them. The pain really isn't unbearable. I'm curious to hear other people's stories and share mine.

:clap2:

Hi, brwneydgrl -- we're BAND TWINS! I was banded yesterday, too! My ordeal getting here was pretty complicated as well.

I'm pretty sore, but the euphoria of FINALLY being banded is a great 'medication' in and of itself, isn't it??

Let's keep in touch -- you need to join the Crazy Ates group -- folks banded 08 of 2007.

Hello, good to meet you. My name is Clara. I will be banded on Aug 27th. I have started my liquid diet this week. Today is much better than yesterday. Good to have you to the group.

Hi Nana! How do I join Crazy Ates?

How's the soreness for you? I have a friend who was banded in Dec 06. She says today should be about the worst, and that it's downhill from here. *fingers crossed* :blush:

weight.png

I was banded 07-30-07 in Little Rock, AR. The first few days was the worse- gas X helped with the gas pains on days 2 and 3. I can finally lay on the port incision side without discomfort. I have lost 15 lbs since surgery and had lost 11 lbs prior to surgery on Myocel shakes- they have a good taste, just have to really shake well to mix.

welcome to band land....glad to hear your surgery went well....I was able to take my pain meds without any problem, but I understand you not wanting to take them...some people do get really sick and that would not be a good thing....

I hope you continue to feel good and your recovery is fast....once again..congrats on your band..

Hi Nana! How do I join Crazy Ates?

How's the soreness for you? I have a friend who was banded in Dec 06. She says today should be about the worst, and that it's downhill from here. *fingers crossed* :)

Hi, brwney -- just look around, there are several threads with Crazy Ates in the title.

I'm doing okay, soreness wise. Biggest nuisance is not being able to sleep on my side -- but that was true with the hernia surgery I had last summer, too -- this big, roly-poly belly just moves and shifts too much!

I spiked a fever last night around midnight. Can't believe there's no thermometer in this house! But I was burning up to the touch, but freezing cold and shivering under blankets. It may not even be related to my surgery -- DD came down with strep throat the same day I had surgery -- so she may have exposed me a day or two before.

But it should get better. I was hoping to do some more extended walking, but Tropical Storm Erin is keeping me indoors today!