Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi NuddyBuddy, I had a headache every morning when I went on my pre-op diet and gave up coffee. Maybe if you are used to drinking coffee, that is the reason for your headaches. Someone told me to quit the coffee before surgery, because you don't want to deal with headaches on top of everything else after surgery. It gets a little better

every day. Hang in there.

Happy Camper,

I drink coffee once in awhile or have a cappachino but I have only drank diet Decaf drinks for years. I was actually having headaches before my surgery for awhile & then they stopped & now they have started again. I was starting to have Migraines & surely don't want them again. Hubby said it could be the weather. It was 104 degrees here today!! Shew!!

Hey Nuddy,

Don't worry my hubby had to take care of me too...I could see how pleased he was lol....maybe your potassium is low seeing that you are not getting all the Vitamins you should get...if the headaches persist get some blood work done...when my potassium is low is get disgusting headaches.

Rekunah,

I thought so too but appearently at the time of surgery they flush the band to ensure no air is in there and leave 3 cc's of Fluid. That Fluid was giving me a hard time. I came out yesterday...I burped for the first time since surgery....that felt sooooo good!

Hey Nuddy,

Don't worry my hubby had to take care of me too...I could see how pleased he was lol....maybe your potassium is low seeing that you are not getting all the Vitamins you should get...if the headaches persist get some blood work done...when my potassium is low is get disgusting headaches.

Rekunah,

I thought so too but appearently at the time of surgery they flush the band to ensure no air is in there and leave 3 cc's of Fluid. That Fluid was giving me a hard time. I came out yesterday...I burped for the first time since surgery....that felt sooooo good!

Thanks, so how are you getting along?

Hey I live in Elizabethtown, KY & I will be going to Norton Suburban for support meetings on the 4th Thurs of every month @ 6 pm. Anyone else going or interested? My 1st meeting will beAug. 24th.

I wake up with a headache every morning. I take 2 tums a day with extra Calcium for my Calcium a kids chewable Vitamin til week 3-4 then they said take a prenatal Vitamin, instead. I am drinking 2 Protein shakes a day then just making due with the broth, tom. Soup, sf popsicles, sf Jello, juice.

I am starving!!

Not got sick at all yet, Thank God. Having no problems getting anything down.

Nuddybuddy - Do you have sleep apenea ?? This could be the cause for your headache.. As to your post op diet - what did your doc say - i was allow full liquids - Protein Shakes, sf Jello sf pudding sf fudge cycles - heathly request cream of ck Soup - really any creamed soup with no chuncks - i even made soupy mash potatoes - i could only eat 1/2 cup at a time the 1st week or so, then with pureed it increased. I have some restriction but not a lot - I don't go for a fill til next month. Why do u think you are going to be sick??? If you follow your doc's orders you should be fine. You haven't had a fill yet and it's when you are too tight eat too fast or take big bites that you will pb & slime. I haven't heard of too many having that problem right out of surgery - but i could be wrong.. I was told not to lift over 5 lbs - so I haven't - have been making my grandson vaccum - i did dishes - washed clothes and made my bed - washed the patio & slider my 3rd day home..

I suggest that you research this board as you will find tons of info that will help you with your Lapband Journey,,

Why can't you wipe your tush? I thought the surgery was virtually pain free. I'm scheduled to have the surgery August 24th, and I had planned on going back to work on August 27th. I don't do anything strenuous...just sell insurance. Do you think I will have a problem going back to work within a few days?

Miss Darlene - I sell insurance to:). I'm 52 had surgery on tues and back at work on Monday - I think it will depend on how quickly you bounce back - I didn't need anyone to wipe my tush or vajj - I was able to do that all by myself. I would not say it's pain free - when i 1st woke up the day of surgery it felt like an elephant kicked me and still had its foot on my chest - I took pain shots for the 1st 24 hrs (i stayed overnight in the hospital) and some shoulder pain on the 18th from the gas - but by thrusday i was ok - walking slowly and sort of hunched over just a tad - each day it get's better and better - but i wouldn't say it was virtually pain free - not bad but not pain free

Good Luck !!!

Nuddybuddy - Do you have sleep apenea ?? This could be the cause for your headache.. As to your post op diet - what did your doc say - i was allow full liquids - Protein shakes, sf Jello sf pudding sf fudge cycles - heathly request cream of ck Soup - really any creamed soup with no chuncks - i even made soupy mash potatoes - i could only eat 1/2 cup at a time the 1st week or so, then with pureed it increased. I have some restriction but not a lot - I don't go for a fill til next month. Why do u think you are going to be sick??? If you follow your doc's orders you should be fine. You haven't had a fill yet and it's when you are too tight eat too fast or take big bites that you will pb & slime. I haven't heard of too many having that problem right out of surgery - but i could be wrong.. I was told not to lift over 5 lbs - so I haven't - have been making my grandson vaccum - i did dishes - washed clothes and made my bed - washed the patio & slider my 3rd day home..

I suggest that you research this board as you will find tons of info that will help you with your Lapband Journey,,

Miss Darlene - I sell insurance to:). I'm 52 had surgery on tues and back at work on Monday - I think it will depend on how quickly you bounce back - I didn't need anyone to wipe my tush or vajj - I was able to do that all by myself. I would not say it's pain free - when i 1st woke up the day of surgery it felt like an elephant kicked me and still had its foot on my chest - I took pain shots for the 1st 24 hrs (i stayed overnight in the hospital) and some shoulder pain on the 18th from the gas - but by thrusday i was ok - walking slowly and sort of hunched over just a tad - each day it get's better and better - but i wouldn't say it was virtually pain free - not bad but not pain free

Good Luck !!!

Indiogirl,

I do have sleep apnea & am using the sleep machine. (Didn't know that til I was prepaing for surgery & they had me do a sleep study) My headaches are getting better. I really just think I wasn't getting enough intakes. Now, I am putting creamy potato soup in the blender & straining other creamy Soups & I feel much better. I really don't feel like I have any restriction but maybe I do. I know I didn't start out with a fill. I don't know I just was afraid I would get sick & am excited but scared the day I can start eating worrying I won't be able to handle certain things. He said to keep a journal of what I'm eating so I will know what agrees or disagrees with me. I'm afraid if it doesn't agree & I pb & slime (think that's how you say it) that I will have slippage or something.I started getting onto the chat room here & really enjoy it. I'm also gonna start going to support group meetings next week. So... what all did you eat in the mushy stage? Thanks for replying.

Indiogirl,

I do have sleep apnea & am using the sleep machine. (Didn't know that til I was prepaing for surgery & they had me do a sleep study) My headaches are getting better. I really just think I wasn't getting enough intakes. Now, I am putting creamy potato Soup in the blender & straining other creamy Soups & I feel much better. I really don't feel like I have any restriction but maybe I do. I know I didn't start out with a fill. I don't know I just was afraid I would get sick & am excited but scared the day I can start eating worrying I won't be able to handle certain things. He said to keep a journal of what I'm eating so I will know what agrees or disagrees with me. I'm afraid if it doesn't agree & I pb & slime (think that's how you say it) that I will have slippage or something.I started getting onto the chat room here & really enjoy it. I'm also gonna start going to support group meetings next week. So... what all did you eat in the mushy stage? Thanks for replying.

Also, how do you do all those neat things at the bottom of the pages like your tickfactor & anything else I should post on my oage & do I have to repost it everytime or does it automatically go there? Thanks

Indiogirl,

I do have sleep apnea & am using the sleep machine. (Didn't know that til I was prepaing for surgery & they had me do a sleep study) My headaches are getting better. I really just think I wasn't getting enough intakes. Now, I am putting creamy potato Soup in the blender & straining other creamy Soups & I feel much better. I really don't feel like I have any restriction but maybe I do. I know I didn't start out with a fill. I don't know I just was afraid I would get sick & am excited but scared the day I can start eating worrying I won't be able to handle certain things. He said to keep a journal of what I'm eating so I will know what agrees or disagrees with me. I'm afraid if it doesn't agree & I pb & slime (think that's how you say it) that I will have slippage or something.I started getting onto the chat room here & really enjoy it. I'm also gonna start going to support group meetings next week. So... what all did you eat in the mushy stage? Thanks for replying.

Nuddybuddy

You are not going to pd or slime if you follow the rules - tiny bites, chew 1 mil times etc. and do what your doc says (you might pd or slime prior to a fill but i don't think so - it's after you get a fill that you can pb & slime (I think - i haven't read that anyone in my July support groupt has) and you don't chew - take big bites - eat dry food and eating too fast and eating too much- this is what causes pding & sliming)

Mushies - I ate yellow squash - mash potatoes - refired Beans - deviled ham & chicken, soups, spagheti sauce with riccota cheese - there is a food thread on this board with ideas of what to eat.

I really sugget that you read read read and ask questions here an with your doctor - The 1st 2 week i ate about 1/2 cup and then 1 cup and now 1 to 2 cups. How much are you eating??? When do you feel full -

Also, how do you do all those neat things at the bottom of the pages like your tickfactor & anything else I should post on my oage & do I have to repost it everytime or does it automatically go there? Thanks

to get the ticker - neat thingie on the bottom - you go to tickerfactory.com - follow the instruction to make your ticker then you go down and copy some stuff and paste into your signatue - i am not good at telling someone how to do it i just figure it out and do it.

once you put it in your signature it always post when you make a post.

There are instructions somewhere on how to do it (make the ticker) or just make an new post and ask for help and there will be someone to tell you how.

Nuddybuddy

You are not going to pd or slime if you follow the rules - tiny bites, chew 1 mil times etc. and do what your doc says (you might pd or slime prior to a fill but i don't think so - it's after you get a fill that you can pb & slime (I think - i haven't read that anyone in my July support groupt has) and you don't chew - take big bites - eat dry food and eating too fast and eating too much- this is what causes pding & sliming)

Mushies - I ate yellow squash - mash potatoes - refired Beans - deviled ham & chicken, Soups, spagheti sauce with riccota cheese - there is a food thread on this board with ideas of what to eat.

I really sugget that you read read read and ask questions here an with your doctor - The 1st 2 week i ate about 1/2 cup and then 1 cup and now 1 to 2 cups. How much are you eating??? When do you feel full -

I'm having 1-2 Protein Shakes a day & now since I've been eating creamy soups blended I eat 1 can of Soup 2 X a day & just have juice/water/decaf. tea. That's too much soup at a time, huh? But it goes down sooooo good & keeps me satisfied.

I'm having 1-2 Protein shakes a day & now since I've been eating creamy Soups blended I eat 1 can of Soup 2 X a day & just have juice/water/decaf. tea. That's too much soup at a time, huh? But it goes down sooooo good & keeps me satisfied.

Nubbybuddy

ON the pbing - i read last night where someone who doesn't have a fill pd'd eating chicken - reason too fast not chewing so I guess it does happen to people who don't have fills - but since you aren't on reg food you don't need to overly concern yourself.

Are you eating heathly request (low fat soups) or regular - are you making them with Water or skim milk (up's your protein) - I think you are fine and you are beings satisfied - which imho is a big deal. the way i look at it is that we are eating so much less than we use to - that we have to lose weight - I just saw the word juice - what kind of jucie???

Not regular - it's full of sugar - you need stuff that has splenda or whatever. You need to make smart choices - low fat - low sugar

Nubby it doesn't sound like your dr has given you a lot of info?? Like what kind of diet you should be on or how much Protein you are suppose to have (Minimum 60 grms) Do you have any clear liquid Protein drinks.

I guess i am lucky my doc sells all this stuff and also gives me sample.

Also I was on this board 24/7 prior to surgery and learned so much.

Keep reading all the post - go to crazy ates - that's the support group for August banders - you can also ck out Lucky #7's that's my group - read from page one - there is tons of info (even how to get your ticker)- also ck out how's weight for people over 50 - read post by "wasabubblebutt" her writing style is a bit abrasive but she truely is a nice person - but i think she has alot of good info - she's a nurse - her diet is only 600 - 8oo calories but she has some problems with spasams (sp) and need to get weight off quickly. There are tons of people here who have lost `100+ - read those post -

Just keep reading and the more info you have - the better you will do.

Good Luck and if you need anything - Just ask...;)