Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Merry Christmas!

Hello! Looks like I am the first one here. I was supposed to get banded in April, then May, and then we finally figured out that my insurance won't pay for it till I have been specifically and ONLY for weight loss (visits for that topic only) for 6 mos. So that's where I am at. After 6 mos of doctoring for weight loss if I have not lost weight I will be approved for the lapband. So, looks like it will be my Christmas present!!!! Let's hope!!!

Anyone else aiming for December?? :whoo:

I am looking forward to a new me also I go in December 14 starting on a journey for 2008

I am so excited. December 6 is less than a month away and so many things to do. This is actually going to happen.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to us all!

Karen

Karen, I am being banded on the 6th also in Decatur, Georgia. I only have to do a two day pre-op clear liquid diet. How about you? But I have been dieting since February.

I got all of my Protein powder delivered today for post-op. I think the only thing I have to buy yet is a heating pad. I will wait to shop for my liquids for post-op the days before surgery. I will be on a cruise vacation to the Caribbean from November 24 to December 2 so I won't just be sitting around thinking about the surgery. I plan to eat whatever I want on the cruise (just little bitty tastes within reason that is). I have spent so long and worked so hard on a diet I don't want to undo it and have to lose it again. Part of the dieting was Optifast only for 14 weeks. It's worked. Part of my new life is to live healthfully and so far so good. I have learned to separate head hunger from food hunger already and have been able to make really good choices and not feel deprived since I have been back on solid food for about 10 weeks. I still continue to lose and in fact lost 5 1/2 pounds this past week.

hello everyone,

well i had my monthly doctors appointment today. i lost 6 pounds, that puts my BMI below 40 but the insurance might only cover if it is more than 40. now they want me to see a cardiologist. and the nutritionist wants to see me the week after thanksgiving. i have my last doctors appointment on dec 4th. then they will send all the paper work to the insurance co. to be approved. i guess i will keep my fingers crossed

hope everyone is well. do you think we should start an exercise thing before everyone is banded???

I think I'll be joining this group. My Dr. gave me a date of Nov. 30, but I couldn't get my financing together, so I needed to cancel that date. Thankfully, my parents have offered to pay for half the surgery and will put the entire surgery on their line of credit, and let me pay them back! I'm so excited, I'm going to call the office on Monday and get a date. I'm hoping it will be in December... I got the november date like just over a week ago so I think they will be bookiing in December! Wish me luck!

Can't believe I'm really going to do this!

Meghan

brez - I would love to start an exercise thing before being banded...I keep telling msyelf you better start changing your ways now or else after banding it's not going to be any easier...I need constant pushing and then once I get into it I will be so motivated...It's always the first steps.

Also - everyone has been talking about getting ready and preparing for the band. What does that involve? I haven't done a thing or bought anything. Do I need to get moving here???? I'm such the procrastinator!!!!

:faint:

MAN I am a planner. I have already bought Protein Shakes to try them out. I have "preped" my fridge and freazer. Working on my Pantry. I am working on the list of stuff for after banding. You know like heating pad and liquid meds. I am doing mine all alone so I dont want to be with out something and find out that I need it.

I have done the same Cerrin. I also have my Christmas cards signed, sealed and stamped. My house is decorated for Christmas except for the tree. I'll put it up this coming weekend. We leave for an 8-day cruise on November 24. I get back on December 2, pre-op on the 3rd and sugery on December 6. I only have to do a 2-day clear liquid pre-op diet. Neat way to say goodbye to food, huh? I do not plan on gaining weight on the ship. I have worked too hard to lose for the last 9 1/2 months to gain any back. But, I can have a last taste of many things and food in general for a little over 6 weeks.

sghatl - WOW you are really a planner...Christmas???? I haven't even given it a thought....but I suppose I better...I don't usually put the tree up until around the 12th or so. My surgery is the 3rd. I hope I'm feeling up to decorating, otherwise, it's going to look like a Charlie Brown tree. My husband surprised me with a cruise for 6weeks after post op. Am I crazy doing this? I really think he thought I would move the surgery until after the cruise, but I refuse...It's now or never....what do you guys think? Also, I'm in desperate need to start an exercise support group for our month...I need all the push out the door to walk that I can get.

CAROLK1- we may be limited in what we can lift after surgery. I know I will have limitations. I am also having an abdominal hernia repaired at the same time as the band placement. I also have a hiatal hernia and don't know if it needs repairing or not. I just finished the decorating today. I also have been working on small bites and extensive chewing - both of which are not my norm.

I just want to come home and relax for a week - no stress and still enjoy the season.

I would cruise later. Why postpone the inevitalble. You know you are having surgery. I also have a South American cruise for 16 days scheduled for mid February. That one will be our 31st cruise. We really like cruising. Where are you going to and what ship will you be on?

Sghatl - we're leaving on 1/19 from SanJuan on Royal Caribbean for 7 nights in the southern Caribbean.. I told my hubby he's going to save a ton on money on me not drinking alchohol...I love and enjoy cocktails and wine, but I'm thinking that 6 weeks post op - that could be a little dangerous/bad for me...I think he's bummed that I won't be gorging on all the food and that he's wasting money on the cruise...prety nuts!