Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG, How Crazy Am I????

You want to hear priceless - I think I'm interested in getting that pant suit.

certified coder - do you still have it?

My mom told me about some hair brained idea for helping the skin elasticity improve. She claims she read/saw some medical study (she's in the medical field) that shows some real improvement with the use of seaweed wraps. It claims you can do it at home but that you need to wrap yourself in foil and keep yourself as warm (hot) as possible.

You should have seen me trying to wrap my arms in foil after applying the home made seaweed body spread. I'm still finding bits of seaweed in the grout of the floor tile.

Boo Boo, just had to post I love your new signature line! You look FANTASTIC! Any chance you are considering going to Vegas in January with some of the other bandster? I'm hoping to but still unsure of finances and hubby.

Boo Boo, just had to post I love your new signature line! You look FANTASTIC! Any chance you are considering going to Vegas in January with some of the other bandster? I'm hoping to but still unsure of finances and hubby.

Thanks Ghost! :)

I am planning on getting my tt and breast lift in December, so I am not sure I will be able to do it. I should look on the thread though and think about it! :Banane20:

I am planning on getting my tt and breast lift in December! :)

Kitty - I'm so excited for you!!!:Banane20: I'm not sure I'll be able to make it either. The TT is really putting a dent in our budget and hubby is not thrilled with me hanging with the girls in Vegas (Just a wee bit of the green eyed monster starting to resurface me thinks.:heh:)

But wouldn't it be fun for some of us "near" goal gals to get together and go chlothes shopping and dancing?

:whoo:

I can't believe this thread!! We just talked about all this at support group Tuesday evening. We had a psych there and the question I asked him was when do we start seeing ourselves as thin? Like for me, I thought if I could get into a size 12 I would be thrilled. But instead I look at myself and think, ugh still fat. So through all this I've decided I'm not FAT any longer but that I do need a Tummy Tuck. I like my butt and my boobs, although they're a 36 L instead of D are ok, so if I can get the fat flap off I think I'll be looking good.

When I left the meeting a couple of the girls there said they followed me in to group and that when they were following me they thought theres no way she's going to the same meeting we're going to. Geesh that touched my heart.

Anyway - LOVE THE THREAD!!!

I haven't had one of those moments yet where I see my reflection in a window and think boy I wish I were that thin before I realize its me. I still think the reflection looks "chunky". But I was at an art festival this weekend and saw that a fellow bandster had a booth so I went to see if I could find her. I hadn't seen her for nearly a year. When I got to her booth it was swamped but she was no where in sight so I wandered around the booths nearby killing time until the crowd thinned out so I could ask where she was. But low and behold when I went back the beautiful thin blond that didn't even look related to her, WAS HER. I was floored! We had a great talk, but what I really couldn't get over was when she told me her size and I realized she was 2 sizes LARGER than me. What is so wrong with me that I would still swear that she was thinner and wish I could get "down" to her size?

:wow2: :wow2: WASA

:bounce:Congratulatioins!!! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see how you look afterwards!:clap2:

I think I'm actually more excited about my upcoming PS than I was about the Lapband. With the band I was all worried about whether it (or I) would work or if I'd just find new ways to gain weight. The PS is something different altogether. Now my worries are more around the recovery time and whether it will help me wrap my head around my progress of if l'll be just as messed up as I am now.

OK OK for all those poised to post I said HELP not CURE my headcase. :madgrin:

:wow2: :wow2: WASA

:bounce:Congratulatioins!!! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see how you look afterwards!:clap2:

I think I'm actually more excited about my upcoming PS than I was about the Lapband. With the band I was all worried about whether it (or I) would work or if I'd just find new ways to gain weight. The PS is something different altogether. Now my worries are more around the recovery time and whether it will help me wrap my head around my progress of if l'll be just as messed up as I am now.

OK OK for all those poised to post I said HELP not CURE my headcase. :madgrin:

You know, I was just talking to a friend of mine and I mentioned the same thing, I am hoping that this will fix my head issue and I will get to see and enjoy my weight loss. We'll see.

If PS doesn't fix our head issues.... what then??

:eek:

:woot:

:D

Counseling?? But only as an absolute last resort for me at least. It has too many of its own issues with my dad being a psychiatrist.

Counseling?? But only as an absolute last resort for me at least. It has too many of its own issues with my dad being a psychiatrist.

HA! I have to laugh. My hubby is a psychiatrist. I have a hunch you and I would agree on more than a few topics.

Wasa, I am going through the same thing. I still have a ways to go to get to goal but I am thinner than I have been in about 18 years. I pick up clothes and say it wont fit, my azz is too big, at it fits. I "see" myself in the mirror and its still me. The 285 lb me. I have people seeing me and not recognizing me! How can that be? I can TOTALLY see how anorexics see a distorted picture looking back at them. You arent alone and you aren't crazy. Will our brains catch up with our bodies? I hope so. I really need to call the therapist I was working with in the begining because I really don't want my brain to keep me from reaching my goal weight.

My brain isn't really keeping me from reaching goal, it's different. I know I'm losing weight, I see the scale move and I wear a different size. I just wish I could SEE the difference like others do. It would be satisfying to SEE the difference between today vs. last December.

I'm banking on the tt doing the job for me. If that doesn't do the job I honestly don't know how to fix this. I don't know, maybe it will never be fixed. I guess that wouldn't be the end of the world when it's all put in perspective.