Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 30th in Fort Worth

:whoo:I just made my surgical appt today--can't wait. I'm using Dr Adam Smith in Fort Worth, Texas. I've been pacing all day, don't know what to do with myself for two weeks. I don't start my pre-op diet 'til Friday.

I spent the day starting a list of all the chores that I need to finish before the big day:

Trim the dog's nails (2 80lb heathens, 18 nails apiece)

Weed the flower beds

:clap2:

Congratulations!!! Keep us posted on your progress. I'm starting my 3 month process for the lapband and Dr Adam Smith is on the list of doctors used by the City of Ft Worth for their employees. I'll make my decision between him and Dr Green who also works out of the same hospital. Have you had a chance to meet Dr Smith and his staff? If so how did you like them? I am so excited for you. Best of luck.

:whoo:

Everyone in Dr. Smith's office has been wonderful--it's a very happy workplace, and Dr Smith seems very capable and sincerely invested in improving my life. Best of all, he is a LapBander himself, so he has first-hand knowledge of the whole process.

I'm self-pay, so I didn't have the long wait insurance requires. I thought about switching to my husband's insurance and trying to get approved (no guarantees), but I justified the cost by "weighing" how heavy I'd be in 3 months time vs. having the surgery now.

My husband's still in a bit of shock--I've researched this for a long time, but I havent' spoken to anyone about it. I made my first appt on August 8th, so he's only had a week to get used to the idea.

I am having my surgery the day after you! Good luck :confused:

:blush:

Hi Lessnless,

Thanks for responding. I called Dr Smith's office yesterday, 08/15/07, to set an appointment for my first consult. I'm meeting with the dietician on Friday, 08/17/07. I am so excited to get an appointment that quickly. The lady who set up my appointment was very nice and she told me once I get past the first visit, the entire process takes 90 days and that the time goes by very quickly. I'm so happy I feel like I'm about to jump out of my skin. I've been walking around smiling so hard my face hurts. I feel like I have taken an important step in taking control of my life and my weight. I have a wonderful support system and couldn't ask for a better group of people to be in my corner. Any insight, inspiration, words of wisdom, etc.. that you can pass along since we're using the same doctor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Donna W.

Giddy! That's how I feel--GIDDY!

When I think about losing weight, I never let myself imagine being thin; I just think about exercising and journaling, and being healthier, because "thinking thin" is just setting myself up for disappointment.

After my first appt with Dr Smith, that night I dreamed that I was showering and I found a zipper on my back that I didn't know I had. I just unzipped my fat suit and walked out of the shower a normal weight. I dreamed a normal day with all my normal activities (pretty dull, really), except I was light as a feather. I just floated through the day with no aches and pains, no exhaustion, no range-of-motion issues. Life was EASY.

This surgery isn't about my appearance. In my dream, I never once looked in a mirror--couldn't tell you what my thinself looked like, but I know how she FEELS:

Giddy.