Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok. This liquid diet stinks---help me!!

With all my set backs, I was not 100% faithful and my surgeon paid the price for my infidelity and I ALMOST did!

My 20 minute procedure took TWO HOURS because my liver was still WAY too big. He said several times he just thought it would be best to stop...but he knew I'd be devastated. He persevered and I ended up with an extra hole but he got the band on finally.

But I was so embarrassed when I heard he told my husband that he's considering only doing gastric on patients over 300lbs! If I could do it over, I'd not even LOOK at anything not on the approved list!

I started my liquid diet today so I know what everyone is going thru. I went to my weekly woman's sewing club and they served cherry cobbler with ice cream. I brought two sugar free jellos and had those and felt very satisfied with them. I feel proud of myself and have challenged myself to try this liquid preop diet with no cheating. I have to be able to look the surgeon in the eye on surgery day and tell him I did well on the preop.

Come on everyone let's do the challenge together! We can do it! It is only 2 weeks out of our life and we will be so glad for it when it is thru. Please join me as I need all the support I can muster! I hope I feel this optimistic in 2 days!

Michelle:ranger:

P.S. Going to go have my broth now for dinner! Yummmmmmm!

Thanks claramae I needed that encouragement.

As of today I am down 6.5 pounds since monday.

I did go for that 20 minute walk yesterday.

Guys I think we are going to make it!

Good luck 2 everyone!

NanaRena---I would be very upset if my surgeon made any comments about how much I weigh to my husband. That is a closely guarded secret. I cannot believe that I even put it on this website, but hubby is not very computer "smart" and would never find this site!!! Even when I went to seminar for first time, I told them that I did not want to know how much I weighed in at. But after I started the liquid diet I knew that I had to look at the little slip of paper I told the nurse to put the numbers on. That slip of paper was buried deep in the bottom of my purse for security reasons!!!!!! Good luck to you.

NanaRena---I would be very upset if my surgeon made any comments about how much I weigh to my husband. That is a closely guarded secret. I cannot believe that I even put it on this website, but hubby is not very computer "smart" and would never find this site!!! Even when I went to seminar for first time, I told them that I did not want to know how much I weighed in at. But after I started the liquid diet I knew that I had to look at the little slip of paper I told the nurse to put the numbers on. That slip of paper was buried deep in the bottom of my purse for security reasons!!!!!! Good luck to you.

You really bring up an amusing point. Before surgery *I* didn't even know what I weighed. I rarely go to a doctor and the rare time I did I refused to be weighed. As I told my doc, God doesn't know what I weigh, you won't either. Yet here, to other fatties... I have no problem with it. I've had a ticker most of the time I've been here and that was shortly after surgery. I'd never dream of telling others that are not in the same boat as I am.

It's odd, I tell people here and my real time fellow fatties things I wouldn't dream of telling my husband.

It's hard the first time you announce your weight on this website but after the first time you kinda realize that nobody pays much attention to (or cares) where you started, they are looking for progress.

When I see anyone's starting weight I don't think "WOW! That person is/was fat!" Instead I think, "WOW! That person lost 10lbs, 50lbs, 100lbs (etc)!"

Hi Clara, I'm a Texas girl now living in NYC. I also thought I could not survive the liquid diet. But believe me, the 3rd day was a turning point for me. Take a blind leap of faith that your body is going to catch on to what you're trying to tell it. At first I had every single thing I could have in a day and probably 2 of some things. But by the 2nd week, I couldn't hold even 2 shakes a day. Trust.........

Ruth

With all my set backs, I was not 100% faithful and my surgeon paid the price for my infidelity and I ALMOST did!

My 20 minute procedure took TWO HOURS because my liver was still WAY too big. He said several times he just thought it would be best to stop...but he knew I'd be devastated. He persevered and I ended up with an extra hole but he got the band on finally.

But I was so embarrassed when I heard he told my husband that he's considering only doing gastric on patients over 300lbs! If I could do it over, I'd not even LOOK at anything not on the approved list!

I am sorry for your difficulty but, thank you for posting. It's was a wake up call for me and I found it very motivating. Why would we do ANYTHING to jeapordize the surgery after everything we've been through to get there!?? Again, I appreciate your honesty, thank you. My doc also said he would not convert to open if he had difficulty with the lap.

But, hey, you are on your way now, girl! Good for you:kiss2:

Hi Clara,

I am on day 8 of only 3 Protein shakes a day. thats it 3 shakes a day nothing else. I am trying to lose at least 50 pounds before surgery. Don't even have a date yet looks like its going to be in Oct. I am going to do my best to stay on this until the surgery!

I was good the first few days I guess high on the thought of being a normal size one day. But now yesterday and today I am down and sad. Just want to clmib in a bed and stay there. Don't even care if I have the shakes. This all just seems so unfair. Sorry I didn't mean to bring you down, I sure hope this is PMS depression and not what I have to look forward to for the next few months. I feel like I have lost my best friend, food, how sad is that.

Good Luck to you!!

Ann

RMNYC--Thanks for the encouragement. And you were right. I am on day 4 and it is getting better. Day 2 was the hardest. I now know that as the days go by, it will be better. I know this is a test of my dedication to the lap band and I am very determined. Talk later.

WISHES4444--I am sorry u are having a terrible time. I am on day 4 and it is better. I did not think anyone was on a worse diet then I am. But you are. I hope u are feeling better. I told my husband the night before I started the liquid diet that I felt like I was burying my best friend---food. But this is the way for a healthier life. We can do it. Let me know how u are doing. Hang in there. God Bless you.

I can't wait your getting me so excited and I'm not approved yet. Can you puree stuff like Soups? My Dr. gave me a list it has cream or wheat and creamof broccoli onit.

Guess we're all different. I don't care who knows, I figure the truth probably isn't as bad as what they're guessing.

Probably came from my childhood. My mother was a seamstress and I can remember grown, mature, professional women turning all whiny and sniveling when mother measured them and wrote the numbers down.

As a seamstress myself, I've had so many customers want to argue with me about what size pattern to buy or what size they are.

IT'S JUST A NUMBER!

I am on Day 3. Yesterday I was so sick. Headache and nausera. I was at work last night and thought I was going to die right there. I have a job where I can't go to the bathroom whenever I need to. ( Processing Line.) I have to ask permisson. So I had to cut back on the Water. I really paid for it too. Today is my last day at work before my surgery. I am on vacation next week and surgery on Wednesday. Lord help me make it though. I am on Clear liquids. I actually look forward to me Viactiv chew twice a day!

I too had that feeling of losing my best friend-food. I know this is a lifetime commitment I'm making. I just wish my surgery would hurry up and get here. Lord, Help Me!

Mary

Hi AllAboutMe(Mary), I feel for you at work. I honestly do not know what I would do if I was still working. I am retired. I worked for a utility company (31 years) and I processed payments for electric bills. They frowned upon it if we had too many potty breaks. So, I feel for you. My surgery is the 27th and it cannot get here soon enough. Hang in there. You can do it.

My surgery is sept 10 and I am on the fifth day of the liquid diet and I am doing real well so far. I have two slim fast with Protein Shakes per day and at dinner I am allowed to eat anything just about that is broiled or baked, nothing fried and no caffeen at all I drink Water daily bi=ut never 30 min before or after meals. I was a diet soda drinker but I don't miss it and as for coffee I bet I acn have Decaf when I pick that habit up again. I just tell myelf I can do it , there is a lot of minds games I do to myself but in the long run the answer alwasy si the same I am doing this for my health to feel better to get off the meds and to look better as the end result. I have lost 27 pounds to date from June until now and 7 of those pounds are from the pre op diet. My diabetes for the first time has been normal and I can just cry for I know that this will be resolved in no time after surgery. Good luck to you sharon