Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update on NANARENAN

As many will recall NanaRenan is the person that is having surgery for the 3rd time today for banding. The first time the anesthesiologist noticed a paper wasn't signed off by the cardiologist. She got that taken care of and then the 2nd time she went for surgery the anesthesiologist couldn't intubate her because he's an idiot.

She's giving it another shot today. I am supposed to call her husband tonight to see if she was FINALLY able to get the surgery but I called early. I believe it is around 3PM their time. I just called and there is no answer.

Many of us have been following her saga through this journey so I wanted to post updates as I get them.

I'll call her hubby again in an hour or so and bug him. :girl_hug:

Thanks Wasabubble:

I have been thinking about her all day today. Please keep us updated if you can---:girl_hug:

Hope everything goes great for her this time.Donna

SHE'S BANDED!!!!!!

The third time was a charm!!!! NanaRenan had her surgery and she's doing great!!! She had surgery a few hours ago and she's already been up walking and she's doing well.

She's banded! Finally!!!

BTW, her husband is an absolute sweetheart! And he even sounds good looking! :girl_hug:

Thanks Wasabubble:

I have been thinking about her all day today. Please keep us updated if you can---:confused:

I'm going to call again tomorrow and check up on her. But I'm sure everything will be GREAT!

SHE'S BANDED!!!!

Thanks for the update, I too was wondering if she finally made it through. Tell her congratualtions, and make sure to let her know that many of us were praying for her this time and would like to her from her when she's feeling up to it. (I'm so happy I feel, like I was the one getting banded)

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::clap2::clap2::clap2::biggrin1::biggrin1:....

Thanks for the update, I too was wondering if she finally made it through. Tell her congratualtions, and make sure to let her know that many of us were praying for her this time and would like to her from her when she's feeling up to it. (I'm so happy I feel, like I was the one getting banded)

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::clap2::clap2::clap2::biggrin1::biggrin1:....

HA! I know exactly what you mean about feeling like you were the one being banded. That's how I felt talking to her husband! I was SOOO excited. He likely thought I was pretty odd. :confused:

At least I did not introduce myself as BubbleButt, he likely would have hung up on me!

BTW, her husband is an absolute sweetheart! And he even sounds good looking! :blush:

He is, Bubble, he is!! LOL

Thanks for posting my update. And thanks to everyone for the prayers and well-wishes!

This time I had a wonderful anesthesiologist and my poor surgeon had to work very hard -- it seems my feeble attempt to follow the liquid diet did not sufficiently shrink my liver. So he struggled, but THANK THE LORD, he did it and I'm among the banded now!!

He wanted me to spend the night in ICU, just as a precaution. I don't think they've ever seen a patient like me before -- I was as giddy as a little girl at her first slumber party!! I just chatted up a storm with everyone who'd stop and listen.

But I'm sorry -- the relief of finally having years of struggling to get the surgery over AND decades of obesity coming to an end.... it's just an indescribable feeling.

I'm uncomfortable, but not miserable. I did wait too long between meds today and am having hard time getting the pain back under control as well as it was before.

After the humiliation of the too fat liver, I've vowed to be a poster child for following all the post-surgery 'rules'. That said, I've sat here long enough, I need to get up and walk some and go do my breathing thingy.

Thanks again, folks!! Ya'll are so awesome!

Weren't you also denied by your insurance carrier like 3 or 4 times???

I'm tellin' ya...nobody deserves it more!! Congratulations!

It's good to have you back and banded!

Did you husband remember to give you a hug from me?

He didn't have a chance to forget....I was listening somewhat when he was talking to you -- they were making me suck on that floaty-thingie.

He still marvels at how people can form these instant bonds online with people they've never met -- may never meet. I'm glad you called HIM, cause it always reinforces when he knows it's not just something one-sided I've made up in my overblown imagination.

People really DO care.

Weren't you also denied by your insurance carrier like 3 or 4 times???

I'm tellin' ya...nobody deserves it more!! Congratulations!

Thanks.

Yes, we were finally approved the fifth and last go 'round.