Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have my surgery date

Moncton New Brunswick, and the wait is because I was going to have gastric bypass and changed my mind to lap band and was on a list origoinally for a doctor in Nova Scotia who retired and I was not imformed and had to find a new doctor. But here I am finally going to have it done. Second guessing myself constantly and very scared.

Sherrylynn you have waited so long - you must be feeling lots of aprehension. Will you have a pre-op diet? I'm 11 days into my 3 weeks of Optifast - luckily I'm one of the ones who likes it - but it is a long time...

Sept. 21st will be here before you know it.

Cindy

Hi cindy, apprehensive yes, very scared now that the date is set. Today I am actually sick to my stomach thinking about it. My doctor wants me to loose 15 lbs befor surgery and I have lost 11 so far. Just following a diabetic diet and almost no bread at all to do it.It is very hard but I have to do it, as you know it is mandatory to loose befor surgery.

Thanks for the replies

You are doing very well on the diet you are following - congratulations. I have discovered that Carbohydrates are my mortal enemy and as long as I avoid them I will lose weight and avoid the hunger pains. The Optifast that our physicians use provides everything we need and I am thrilled at the weight loss. Sept 21st will be here before you know it. Keep busy.

Cindy

Oh Cindy, Carbs are not the enemy...I thought that for years. I was on Dr. Bernstein which is a low cal, high Protein, low carb diet. I lost almost a hundred pound on it but when I came off and started earting carbs...yikes I gained it all back and more. I think that the right carbs are good for you and the right portions. Sometimes when you restrict yourself from carbs you put your body in a vicious weight loss cycle...trust me your learning from the pro!! lol. I would hate to see anyone go through what I did. Take care girl.

Hey Sherrylynn, I am doing fine....I had a de fill yesterday and feel so much better...just getting over the aches and pains now...but that's the least...I am feeling so good now.

glad to hear you are feeling better sweet. Please keep me posted

Donna, I am paying for the band itself $4500.00 Nova Scotia health care is paying for the procedure. Put it this way if I knew than what I know now I would have gone to Ontario and paid to have the surgery.

Oh Cindy, Carbs are not the enemy...I thought that for years. I was on Dr. Bernstein which is a low cal, high Protein, low carb diet. I lost almost a hundred pound on it but when I came off and started earting carbs...yikes I gained it all back and more. I think that the right carbs are good for you and the right portions. Sometimes when you restrict yourself from carbs you put your body in a vicious weight loss cycle...trust me your learning from the pro!! lol. I would hate to see anyone go through what I did. Take care girl.

Thanks for the reminder Sweet - you're right - the message should be everything allowed in proportion. Even our Optifast contains some carb - I think my issue would be not knowing when to stop eating the beasties...:faint:

Cindy

Sherrylyn you are so fortunate to have health coverage there. Most of us have dished out $16,000 for the procedure. I guess you are referring to the time lost waiting for the thing to happen. Look at it this way, you are ahead a lot of money for all those new clothes and possible plastic surgery costs. Hoping for a safe and speedy recovery for you, good luck, D

Hi Donna, yes I am referring to time lost, and frustration that the origional doctor I was waiting to see retired and I was not notified. But its all good its about to happen and i hope I am ready. Thanks again Sherrylynn