Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Dr. Jaime Ponce in GA?

Anyone use Dr. Ponce in Georgia? I have a consult with him on Aug. 28th. If so, please let me know what your experience was with him and his team.

I researched Dr. Ponce. His credentials are very impressive; he's a lap band pioneer, for sure. He has a good private pay, outpatient package price. I called his office to ask questions and schedule a consultation. The person who answered the phone asked for my contact information and said that she would send me an information packet which would answer my questions and would have some forms for me to complete and return. My impression was that my call was burdensome. But, I shrugged that off because I knew that he has a great surgical resume and everyone has a bad day.

That's been about a month ago, and I still haven't received any packet. So, perhaps my feelings were correct?

In the mean time, I've had lenghty personal communications with 2 other surgeons, have made my selection and will be banded by this time next week.

Again, just my experience. I hope your experience is excellent.

I went to Dr Ponce's seminar, then scheduled an appointment with him. That was the first part of July. I wasn't impressed with the girls in the office AT ALL. I had a tentative surgery date of August 23rd. I went to work to make sure everything was sent to my insurance company. I had to call the girls in his office several times, and they were rude, and acted like they didn't have time to fool with me. My insurance company said all I needed was a psych evaluation and I would have approval. I had to go to Memorial Weight Loss Center for the evaluation, and I couldn't believe the differnce in the way I was treated there. I love those girls! They are a class act.

I asked them how much out of pocket did the surgeons there request that wasn't billable to insurance and they didn't know what I was talking about. At Dr. Ponce's he has $1000.00 fee not billable to insurance on top of everything else. Memorial doesn't!!!

I made an appointment with Dr. Sass, and met with him last week. He worked me in, and is doing my surgery on his day off...August 24th. I feel so much better about my decision.

Hope this helps.

Wow, thanks for the input. I'm sure that will help in making my decision. I went to the seminar and was scheduled the next day for my consult which is next week. I will be self pay so I'm hoping to get in quick, guess we will see. Again, thanks for the input.

I used Dr. Ponce and had it done at the outpatient center. II am private pay and with all lapwork, upper gi and cost I am out about 14, 400. But I could not find it cheaper in the states. I went to the seminar on June 12 and was banded july 11th. I have always had a wonderful experience they sometimes are busy but I work in the medical feild and are alittle more forgiving then people who don't

Well, Dr. Ponce's office has been very helpful but the confusion has been very irritating. My surgery had to be rescheduled due to my bloodwork results not being sent in time. I had no idea they didn't have my results until the day before I was scheduled for surgery. Now I have to wait another week before I can have surgery. It was crazy trying to work out the details of who I pay for what. But, we finally got it worked out and the ladies in the office know me by my first name. They have been helpful and nice. Hopefully the confusion is now over and I will be banded Oct. 5th.

:clap2:

I used to see Dr. Ponce back in 2001 when he was one of the few doctors who would do fills on Mexican patients. (Of course, there were very few doctors doing Bands at all then as it had just been approved in June.) He participated in the trials--and was even considered quite experienced back in 2001. I had no issues dealing with his office staff, although his price for fills (at the time) was expensive... over $600! If you're looking for an extremely experienced doctor, then I think you'll be quite happy with Dr. Ponce.< /p>