Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 15, 16, 17th bandsters

Just wanted to wish the best to all of you getting banded later this week (me included 08/16). I know there are at least three of us on the 16th! Keep in touch and I will be checking over the next couple of days to see your progress! You are all in my thoughts and prayers...

Thanks Angel, The best to you and all the others on their way to bandland. God Bless.

WE ARE ON OUR WAY!!!!!!:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Thank you all! I am back from my banding. It all went smoothly yesterday. I am trying to keep up with the liquids now and eating some s/f jello! Good luck to all of ya!

Hi All! August 16 band date for me. I went in at 12 noon and was home by 9:30 pm same day. Everything went very well. A little sore, but overall it was much easier than I thought. I put myself through way too much anxiety before hand I think! just trying to drink my liquids and walk!

August 16th BANDED - WOW. Self pay. Dr. Nirmul - True Results. AZ. You read and read on the web about it then if finally happens. Too weird. Went in yesterday morn. 8:30. IV with a light relaxer (i asked for it). Went in at 10:00 and looked at the clock at 10:50am. Really quick. Went home at 1:00pm. 4 incisions of course port being the largest. Stiches, sterile tape, gauze. Felt good yesterday afternoon. Taking Toralab (I think) for pain. Last night really rough. Couldn't lay flat in bed. Pain in both shoulders and of course stomach. Ended up on couch with pillows underboth arms. Only slept for 3 hrs. This morning really sore. Especially at port site. Hard getting up and down. Watching the clock until more paid meds. Going to work on Protein Shakes and Water. Hurts chest like someone sitting on it if I swallow normally so I sip. I heard cold liquids may bother some. Not me so far. Any other August bandsters...Stonersmom, 7thangel - both banded on same date I believe. How are you doing?

Hi there! I was baned on the 15th but day 2 was the worst for me....I was crying from the gas pain....I know I am a wimp but it was incessant!!!!!

Are you using Gas X strips??? They helped me so much!!! Also you might want to introduce Protein later after the gas has subsided....every doc is different but Protein is hard on the GI tract especially based on what you are describing? I gets better....try ice cubes if the sipping is hurting and also popsicles for some reason they didn't hurt me like sipping did? By day 3 sipping didn't hurt anymore :D

Hope you start feeling better

I also got banded on Aug. 15. Doing really well today.

I spent one night in the hospital although I really didn't feel it was necessary. I have pain yet on the port side, but most everything else has subsided. I think the worst part of the ordeal, for me, was the sore throat. I can handle the rest.

I've been drinking my liquids and having my jell-o. I hope to start my walking regimen again tomorrow as I think I'll feel up to it. I went grocery shopping and errand running today -- felt really good to get out of the house.

Good luck to everyone! ;)

I too was banded on the 16th in San Jose, Ca. (self-pay) Sore but moving around. I miss sleeping on my stomach! My cat and my 4 yo daughter want to sit on me as usual (neither understand completely why they cant). On liquids but not hungry. I have been out walking/shopping everyday since surgery. My question is when does everyone plan on going back to work??

I Was Banded On 16 Th And After One Week I Am Able To Eat "everything"............someone Else In The Same Case??

Hi everyone! I was just banded on 8/16/07, and I'm already starting on pureed today! Hooray! It's good to chat with other bandsters like myself, I'm glad I found this site.:clap2: