Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One dozen days

Just a dozen days ago I was fitted with the Adjustable Gastric Band. Just a dozen days ago and much has happened. I have been learning a new way to eat.

I have been congratulated on shaving my beard. Of course I never had a beard, but my face is thinner, maybe that's where the confusion starts.

I have discovered how to eat too quickly, and the consequences of that lapse in judgement. I have found out about eating too much. I reccomend neither, except as learning experiences.

I have discovered that, yes, just as the others have been saying, the band has a mind of it's own. One day I can absent mindedly eat more than I intended, and the next day Water can be excruciatingly filling. And I am still without my first fill.

I can look in the mirror and see a thinner face. I have entered the uncharted territory on my belt. My knees hurt less.

I haven't had a diabetic pill in a dozen days. I've slept better than I have in over a year. I find myself keeping busy, because I want to, and I have the energy to accomplish many things.

I actually did some of my "Honey Do" list. Patty was duly surprised. Thank goodness for the CPR training, LOL.

I expected to be doing something positive for myself. I expected for my life and my health to get better. I didn't expect to have it get better right away, or to feel this good this soon out.

It only makes me even more excited about the future.

Today I worked a fourteen hour day after two hours sleep last night, and here I am still going, and hardly tired. Well, now, I take that back. Tired is the word, the good healthy kind of tired you get from doing a days work, and living life, not the tired you get from struggling against your own body to accomplish things. If thirty odd pounds does this, what will happen with the other hundred thirty five?

Just wanted to share. It gets better. IF you are trying to decide whether or not to do this, think hard, please don't dismiss it out of hand. It can help you live.

Ryan, it only gets better and better! You're doing great! 30 pounds gone! And look how your health is already improving! Congratulations!

Keep up the good work Ryan. It is a wonderful world out here and I'm glad I'll be around to enjoy it longer then I was going to be. Have first grandchild on the way and will be here in July. Looking forward to sitting that baby in a lap that didn't exist several months ago.

Ryan, that is great news. I am so glad for you that you are feeling so good and see and feel such improvement in your life and energy. That is very encouraging. I am exciting to read your stories as you go along -- you should write a book about this as you have such a way with words.

Okay, now once again, I have to ask what do your new initials mean? Enlighten us please.

I am thrilled for you and Patty; I truly believe 2005 will be such a year of healing, glowing, and minimized pain (hopefully) for you both. Happy New Life!!!!!

That's great, Ryan! And tomorrow you'll feel even better. Are you still on liquids, or have you started mushy food? See ya in Twonesia. . .

I'm so happy for you, Ryan. It's great that you have been able to experience so many of the benefits of being banded so soon. Keep up the good work!

Nancy

Ryan I agree with Vera, I think you can write the Lap Band Book

Congratulations to you..Im very happy for you and your success so far into this journey, it only gets better from here!